• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
TDLink said:
I'm sure the PSN outage didn't help. That's when the news and releases stopped. Since they couldn't release the content they probably began to think about just saving it up for a bigger release down the road.

Yeah that makes sense...

I might be in the minority here but I hope to god this is a disc release and not DLC. Having some systems with the update, and others w/o the update, or partial updates is going ot be a nightmare for running tournaments and stuff.

Rocwell

Nils said:
I'm guessing Jello = symbiote character.
Now that you mention it, Green Jellö did the soundtrack for Maximum Carnage on the SNES.
588683_40398_back.jpg

LoL LJN

Beth Cyra

KAL2006 said:
Capcom side needs more villains
Sigma - from Megaman X
Bass EXE (from Megaman EXE)
M. Bison - from SF
Red Arremmer (Firebrand) - from Ghouls and Ghost
Jedah - from Darkstalkers

also we need the obvious fan requested characters
Strider
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Megaman (Classic)Frank West
Gambit
Psylocke
Venom
Juggernaut

I also suggest some characters in Capcom side from other games
Samonosuke - Onimusha
Ryu - Breath of Fire
new character from upcoming Asura's Wrath game
Kyosuke - Rival Schools
Falcon - PowerStone
Regina - Dino Crisis
Guy in mechsuit from Lost Planet

As for Marvel side, these are my choices
Emma Frost
Cyclops
Dr Strange
Ultron
Ms Marvel
Blade
Ghost Rider
Silver Surfer
Dr Octopus
This does not makes sense. The majority of fans by a large amount are not just calling for a Rock, but X specifically.

haunts said:
Yeah that makes sense...

I might be in the minority here but I hope to god this is a disc release and not DLC. Having some systems with the update, and others w/o the update, or partial updates is going ot be a nightmare for running tournaments and stuff.
A disc release would be good if for no other than, we'd get more stuff to justify it.

More characters, probably more stages, more reasons to complain, etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TDLink said:
I'm sure the PSN outage didn't help. That's when the news and releases stopped. Since they couldn't release the content they probably began to think about just saving it up for a bigger release down the road.

I remember Tsunami caused them to change their stance?

Valnen said:
Is there a compelling reason not to? I've never bought anything from it and I see no reason not to when everyone just says "Don't do it!" without explanation...
Its wise to follow the advice...don't be like the fools in horror movies who insists ln checking out the window/ door despite knowing it'd contrary to best interest

TDLink

IntelliHeath said:
I remember Tsunami caused them to change their stance?

That is definitely another factor as well. Tsunami + PSN going out right around/after the jill/shuma DLC probably compounded the issue and lead to whatever we're going to be getting now.

MrMephistoX

haunts said:
I would love to know what went on with this game internally at Capcom. It's really strange in my eyes. They were on a roll with announcements for new DLC costumes and characters for MVC3...then nothing. Now we have these types of rumors.

Makes me wonder if they had a plan laid out for MVC3 with no SMVC3 in mind then switched things up or it was always meant to be this way. Hmmm!

My guess is that the DLC development was delayed by the earthquake initially then potentially the PSN outage. I know I moved on because of Mortal Kombat and not being able to play this online for a solid month but Super as DLC and a disk release a la SSFIV Arcade Edition seems like the way to go.

I would love to know what went on with this game internally at Capcom. It's really strange in my eyes. They were on a roll with announcements for new DLC costumes and characters for MVC3...then nothing. Now we have these types of rumors.

Makes me wonder if they had a plan laid out for MVC3 with no SMVC3 in mind then switched things up or it was always meant to be this way. Hmmm!
Seth claims that the environmental disaster in Japan was cause for a change of plans. Since Niitsuma said he wanted to get us DLC every other week pre-release, I assume you are correct.

There will ALWAYS be a disk release, because Capcom understands that a good number of people don't have Xbox Live access and such.

Come on capcom, you know you want to

Moriah
Who?

Oh yeah, my second fave next to Linn, I should start that too. :D
I heard a rumor about a Monster Hunter character making it in...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
Yeah that makes sense...

If they do DLC at all they'll probably do like they did with AE and release the DLC then have a limited run of physical copies.

I don't think they're gonna do DLC though. If they didn't think far enough ahead when they first started development to be able to include spectator mode and stuff, then they probably didn't think far enough ahead to include the kinds of programming hooks that would be necessary for the game to support large content updates.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MrMephistoX said:
My guess is that the DLC development was delayed by the earthquake initially then potentially the PSN outage. I know I moved on because of Mortal Kombat and not being able to play this online for a solid month but Super as DLC or a disk release is definitely sparking my interest.

I moved on because of x-factor, wolverine and phoenix. ;)

.la1n

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'm probably the only one who wants Amingo.

No, actually I'd take him over Modok. Also this Tsunami / PSN outage is all well and good but they should have still stuck to their original DLC plan. Make it a retail & DLC release like with AE and I think it won't sting quite as bad.

Ah okay. With us already knowing most of the Capcom side at this point, and that we're probably only getting ~10 characters, it's probably not best to have crazy hopes and dreams on that side.

If you liked that game though, you should check out Dragon's Crown, since the creator is making it as a spiritual successor to the game you linked.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Master Milk said:
A disc release would be good if for no other than, we'd get more stuff to justify it.

More characters, probably more stages, more reasons to complain, etc.

Main reason why I'm hoping for a disc release. Except that last one.

MrMephistoX

Nils said:
Main reason why I'm hoping for a disc release. Except that last one.

I hope it's a combo like SSFIV AE but who am I kidding? I'll buy a disk over DLC just to be rid of the wretched Simple Jack cover art.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
MrMephistoX said:
I hope it's a combo like SSFIV AE but who am I kidding? I'll buy a disk over DLC just to be rid of the wretched Simple Jack cover art.

Wouldn't mind a combo either, but I'm just hoping the jump is more akin to Vanilla SF to Super than the Super to AE jump content and balance wise. I actually wanted the CE because I can't stand the cover either, but there was none for Europe.

As for the DLC plan being derailed. It probably was. I remember the Shuma and Jill DLC ended up being delayed in Japan only, but I can't find exactly how much longer Japan had to wait for those characters. But yeah, with the PSN thing happening closely afterwards their planned momentum for DLC was probably busted. Anyway, I hope it ends up benefiting us in the long run as I vastly prefer getting the update over paying 5 dolllars per characters every few months though I would probably still buy DLC for Super if there was any.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lost Fragment said:
If they do DLC at all they'll probably do like they did with AE and release the DLC then have a limited run of physical copies.

I don't think they're gonna do DLC though. If they didn't think far enough ahead when they first started development to be able to include spectator mode and stuff, then they probably didn't think far enough ahead to include the kinds of programming hooks that would be necessary for the game to support large content updates.
If SSFIV had the hooks, MvC3 certainly does. They talked about the possibility of Super and stuff pre-release. Hell they even went out and talked about continual support of the game. Ofcourse that changed with the PSN outage and earthquake which is the apparent cause of the rattled post-release support development according to reps.

mr. puppy

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Was the original rumor for this around 10 more characters? Or were there more planned?
the original rumor for AE was 6, and all we got were two douchebags and two shotos

SonicMegaDrive said:
Yes, they play differently ENOUGH from one another in the X games. But if you put both of them in a fighting game together, with a whole bunch of other completely different fighters, it's a completely different story.

X and Zero are the same, but different. Same as Sonic and Knuckles. Or Mega Man and Bass.

I couldn't come up with any other platform games that give you the option to choose between different characters that play similarly but slightly differently. But if you can't see my point on that, then it's because you choose not to.

The WHOLE point was that Mega Man, the original, is far more different from Zero's gameplay than X's is, and hence would make for a much more unique and interesting inclusion.

You seem to keep focusing on how much I, personally, like or dislike the X character. It has nothing to do with how much I like X, and more to do with how much I think the ORIGINAL Mega Man is far more unique, and would make for a better inclusion.

What? For the fact that the original megaman cannot dash? That he is limited and weaker in almost every way from X?

Zero captures powers and creates techniques from "Mavricks" and other "Reploids" (have no idea why you guys keep saying robot masters) X captures the actual weapon or ability. Not only that, he can charge the ability and create new attacks from it as well.

I have no idea why anyone would want the original megaman back in marvel vs capcom after the cluster fuck he was back in the original games. X can do everything megaman can do, just better. My idea is X's commands would be similar to dante, not ammy and Volnutt who switched forms...

X and Zero are the similar and they are different, its not as if they were adding Ken into the game or something, they are all much more different then that. X should be represented, he got the most votes on multiple polls for megaman rep. They could add a classic costume, yeah there may be a size difference, but guess what? Its a costume, not actually classic mega man.

MrMephistoX

SnakeSlashRO said:
What? For the fact that the original megaman cannot dash? That he is limited and weaker in almost every way from X?

Zero captures powers and creates techniques from "Mavricks" and other "Reploids" (have no idea why you guys keep saying robot masters) X captures the actual weapon or ability. Not only that, he can charge the ability and create new attacks from it as well.

I have no idea why anyone would want the original megaman back in marvel vs capcom after the cluster fuck he was back in the original games. X can do everything megaman can do, just better. My idea is X's commands would be similar to dante, not ammy and Volnutt who switched forms...

X and Zero are the similar and they are different, its not as if they were adding Ken into the game or something, they are all much more different then that. X should be represented, he got the most votes on multiple polls for megaman rep. They could add a classic costume, yeah there may be a size difference, but guess what? Its a costume, not actually classic mega man.

Pretty much in agreement here. It's not as if the Megaman canon is memorable enough to care about the height difference anyway. X's playstyle would be easier to adapt to a classic skin whereas the more cartoony Rockman version spitting out bubbles or oversized novelty hammers just wouldn't look right with an X skin. Not that obscure animal powers are more credible than noun/garden tool men or anything.

.la1n

MrMephistoX said:

You know what you bring up a good point, make the cover art not crap this time capcom and you can put two characters in for all I care.

not really I printed out great cover art for MvC3 but still

shaowebb

Grecco said:
The Wizard that our dear friend Lupinko talks about, is he Dr Strange ,or is it Mandarin? (wears green robes, has 12 rings)

That...that would actually be pretty badass and smart. Mandarin would work REALLY well in this game. Doctor Strange would too, but we're a bit low on bad guys at the moment. Maybe both if this game once announced gets a late 2012 release date for itself (which would be awesome since they'd have time to really do some stuff to the game balane, online and roster).

QUOTE=ReXXXSoprano]The only 2 things I've learned from this thread are Strider's in and there's a whole lot of people who won't be playing Super. But why?

You're wishing for the demise of X-Factor right? Not gonna happen. More likely than not characters will get nerfed because of what X-Factor does for them and not the mechanic itself. X-Factor is fine just the way it is. It's just that intelligent players have found a way to make it work for them and those who actually need Level 3 to even the playing field have it too. Comeback mechanics are just what they are comeback mechanics. I really think they should just have an option to turn it off to appease both parties but that may just splinter the community anyway. So that may do more harm than good but having the option just makes it fair for those who don't wanna deal with it.

If (Insert Character Here) isn't in then I'm not buying? (Sarcasm) Of course that's the case. When it comes to this type of stuff nobody is ever happy when the smoke clears. So you can wishlist all you want but you know for a fact some of what you wish for isn't gonna happen. And you know deep inside your gonna buy the game no matter what so just be easy and enjoy what's there.

(Insert Character Here) is so fucking godlike/or just unplayable and can't compete so where's DAT NERF KING/BUFF QUEEN when you need them? I have no doubt that Super will see to this but you're asking for balance in a VS game where there rarely is any and that's not gonna change anytime soon. It's gonna get right a little but it's still gonna be chaotic no matter what happens. And as long as what was done to Sentinel is never repeated I think we should be good. It just proves that you have to learn to adapt and deal and not cry that you're getting raped by Sentinel because not only does he gets dealt with on a regular basis now which proves that taking 300K was a stupid knee jerk decision to keep that money printing. It also proves that if Super is gonna do this they need to be really careful on making decisions like that.

The words for this thread are REALISTIC and EXPECTATIONS. If you don't have both and the combination of the two you will be disappointed at whatever this may become.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but much of your post shows that you haven't seen whats been happening in the tourney scene that is now flooding online. Things like wolverine with no meter and popping lvl 1 x-factor being able to body not 1 but 2 characters if he starts his combo. Finals recently showed that with his current damage output whoever hits first with him on point is almost certain to win.

I agree that a comeback mechanic is critical to keeping the game accessible to new players. I wasn't very experienced at big combos and serious tactics before this game and that tool helped me stick it out in rough situations long enough to learn a few. However, its overpowered at levels 2 and 3. It shouldn't be so strong.

Also some characters lack mobility like Hsien Ko and Haggar and each would likely be pretty good with some way to get inside...sadly even with assists its a struggle at times for these characters and they are usually relegated to assists on teams instead of any other roles. Few make a comeback with either of these characters alone.

Finally, Dark Phoenix has proven that giving a character every kind of mobility, and offensive tool in conjunction with the ability to potentially resurrect as something with so much chip damage you can't even block them is bad at any health level. The game is about opening people up to start a combo...hers dont end and once she goes Dark its nearly impossible to survive chip. You think Hyper Sentinel Force was bad with X-factor? Its got nothing on x-factor (or non) Dark Phoenix spam. Especially since she has teleports and can cross you up constantly with orbs into her stuff.

I'm, not even sure there is a way to fix her even if you made everyone immune to chip damage from her dark form. She has every tool and Dark form boosts her so hard they all get faster and bigger. She may never be livable in any form.

MrMephistoX said:
Pretty much in agreement here. It's not as if the Megaman canon is memorable enough to care about the height difference anyway. X's playstyle would be easier to adapt to a classic skin whereas the more cartoony Rockman version spitting out bubbles or oversized novelty hammers just wouldn't look right with an X skin. Not that obscure animal powers are more credible than noun/garden tool men or anything.

Overall I believe the tone of Megaman X ( or Zero ) fit this game much better then any of the other series... Original Megaman is basically astro boy, Didn't someone from capcom mention Ammy and Aruther and Joe were the replacement for classic megaman anyway? Capcom knows we want X, still loling at the fact they teased us in tatsunoko with frank dressed up as X.

Different Armors would be pretty sick, but I would prefer if they included them, they would just be for hypers or maybe one level 3 hyper.

Weapons and attacks I'd love to see are

Storm Tornado X1
Cutting through most projectiles...

Crystal Hunter X2
Almost like web ball, temporarily freezing enemys

Gravity Well X3
Could work in a similar way. (Charged version could be a hyper, hitting full screen)

Speed Burner X2
Could be a dash but one that hits almost like gamma charge, or quick dash though
enemies in which at the end of the dash he is on fire and it damages almost like berserker claw.

Chameleon Sting
X1
Could be a slow moving projectile that you could end up covering the screen with ( similar to Arthur)

Wing Spiral X5
His SKR motion move, but not only the punch, at the end of it a small gust of air shoots straight up and hits enemies higher above.

Hyper Combo could be using Soul Body from X4

Also Nova Strike from X4 could be a awesome hyper.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To the person asking about Tier lists. They've been fixed for a long time. Tier lists don't change, haven't you heard? I made one early in release to get it out of the way, so the world wouldn't have to worry about tier lists:
enzo_gt said:
===/// ENZO_GT's TIER LIST \\\===
Dormamma Tier
Dormammu

Susan Coffey Personal Fantasy a.k.a. Don't Ask Me About It Tier
Phoenix

Keyra Augustina Tier
Storm
Chun-Li
Jill

Wifey Tier
Crimson Viper
Trish

Toot It And Boot It Tier
She-Hulk
X-23

Not Sure If Want Tier
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
Felicia

Might Get Arrested Tier
Tron Bonne

rated by dat ass

Beth Cyra

enzo_gt said:
To the person asking about Tier lists. They've been fixed for a long time. Tier lists don't change, haven't you heard? I made one early in release to get it out of the way, so the world wouldn't have to worry about tier lists:
Wifey tier really needs renamed Mother Tier.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
mjemirzian said:
I have to admit these riddles are a lot more fun than a straight out leaked list.

at the point, I wish that he would just straight up reveal those list since we have people claiming that they gave lupinko the source and all that.

Skilletor

IntelliHeath said:
at the point, I wish that he would just straight up reveal those list since we have people claiming that they gave lupinko the source and all that.

Don't listen to anybody else. Lupinko is right.

I BELIEVE IN LUPINKO!

how about all 7 members of Killer 7 in one character? Harman and the killer 7

Level 5 X-factor auto-change-at-death into Mask De Smith

Dirtbag said:
I understand the fan service of Gene / Godhand, but wasn't that kind of a poorly received franchise sales-wise? It'd seem smarter to promote their new game this way with choosing Asura over Gene

yes, but Son-son and Captain Commando

http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/...l-be-a-super-mvc3.132023/page-45#post-5529715

Interesting post; I wonder, Lupinko, did he actually tell you some of the things you know, as he claims?

I have to admit these riddles are a lot more fun than a straight out leaked list.
This early, I agree. Assuming the game isn't out for almost another year, it would be a bit hype-killing to see the full roster list...

Just kidding. I'd much rather have it all spoiled now, though the riddles are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom