• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
The levels had oddly weird omissions.

No Xavier Institute? No Fantastic Four tower? No Orochi's Cave?

Instead they went for pretty generic backdrops with one or two standouts.

Also, fuck the Danger Room being the default selection for stages.

Spirit of Jazz said:
Nerf it? As though you can't already avoid it low or punish it east enough outside of block already easy enough already? Give me a break.

Haggar should have a super-armour hyper that's cancelled the second he tags out. Super armour on his hoodlum launch sounds nice but characters like Magnetor could still easily jump out of it from their Estakka's or character like Storm could still simple keep him at full screen with jump projectiles. He needs super armour on more than just one move because he's so slow.

Anyway, the only thing that ever made Jugg's assist a viable tool was the ridiculous damage it got with his damage buff hyper and Haggar doesn't have that. The threat of beam hypers alone wouldn't make it worth it without that damage.
Yeah, Gustav Flame and Lariat assist are currently the most braindead assists in the game. Their use for mixups is a good thing, but they are way too rewarding as it stands. Ducking under haggar doesn't mean shit if the damned thing lasts as long as it does either. It would probably still be the longest assist in the game after a cut.

Oh, and fuck that super armor bullshit. You are out of your mind if you think it is fair to give someone who has 1.2 million health super armor on assist when he already has an assist that is invulnerable for such a long time. Hell, it would still have the most invul frames in the game even if it was cut down.

Super armor on Haggar assist, get the fuck out of here...
smurfx said:
i think just giving his hoodlum launcher some armor would make him so much better.
That in conjunction with the clothesline is a good idea in my opinion. This armor hyper business needs to die in a fire, though.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
Yeah, Gustav Flame and Lariat assist are currently the most braindead assists in the game. Their use for mixups is a good thing, but they are way too rewarding as it stands. Ducking under haggar doesn't mean shit if the damned thing lasts as long as it does either. It would probably still be the longest assist in the game after a cut.

Oh, and fuck that super armor bullshit. You are out of your mind if you think it is fair to give someone who has 1.2 million health super armor when he already has an assist that is invulnerable for such a long time. Hell, it would still have the most invul frames in the game even if it was cut down.

Super armor on Haggar assist. Get the fuck out of here...

Agreed. Super armor on Haggar assist wouldn't really fix Haggar at all, but I still like the concept of a super armored dash move to allow him some semblance of mobility against zoning tactics. He's so slow that he just cant get inside quick enough to start anything without something like this or a better wave dash (screw you plink dash). All that most people manage are jump pipe or some other jump state tactics to attempt to close distance with Haggar. Its a game of punishing assists the moment you see a Haggar and I'm almost certain I've had more happy birthday moments due to a botched assist coverage attempt from Haggar teams than on any other team set.

His ghetto teleport of rolling after whiffing a dropkick to get in is ass too since its so easy to spot and slow. I think the only assists that set it up are lengthy mothers like Sent drones. I like my Sent just fine, but his best option to get inside shouldn't exist based on assists. Especially since without a hit confirm most of these tactics will result in rolling into an area your opponent dashed into or landed after avoiding your assist. Worse I've seen someone teleport in during my whiff to body sent for even trying to do the roll tactic. Dead robot and free to zone Haggar.

Dahbomb

If Lupinko even attempts to drop a cryptic message of Vergil in the game, I am going to sniff it right out!

Unless he already has in which case he's too good for me.

Agreed on some tooling required on the low tiers. I am looking at Hsien Ko, Arthur, Haggar especially. Haggar is less of a priority because even if he stays like he is now he will always be used in MVC3 because his assist is just too godly.

A DMC stage theme is a must too especially if they end up with 3 DMC characters in the game. Top of Temen-Ni-Gru would be the natural best choice for this, Mundus Cathedral or Dante's shop second.

Dahbomb said:
If Lupinko even attempts to drop a cryptic message of Vergil in the game, I am going to sniff it right out!

Agreed on some tooling required on the low tiers. I am looking at Hsien Ko, Arthur, Haggar especially. Haggar is less of a priority because even if he stays like he is now he will always be used in MVC3 because his assist is just too godly.

A DMC stage theme is a must too especially if they end up with 3 DMC characters in the game. Top of Temen-Ni-Gru would be the natural best choice for this, Mundus Cathedral or Dante's shop second.

I like how you think friend.

shaowebb said:
Agreed. Super armor on Haggar assist wouldn't really fix Haggar at all, but I still like the concept of a super armored dash move to allow him some semblance of mobility against zoning tactics. He's so slow that he just cant get inside quick enough to start anything without something like this or a better wave dash (screw you plink dash). All that most people manage are jump pipe or some other jump state tactics to attempt to close distance with Haggar. Its a game of punishing assists the moment you see a Haggar and I'm almost certain I've had more happy birthday moments due to a botched assist coverage attempt from Haggar teams than on any other team set.

His ghetto teleport of rolling after whiffing a dropkick to get in is ass too since its so easy to spot and slow. I think the only assists that set it up are lengthy mothers like Sent drones. I like my Sent just fine, but his best option to get inside shouldn't exist based on assists. Especially since without a hit confirm most of these tactics will result in rolling into an area your opponent dashed into or landed after avoiding your assist. Worse I've seen someone teleport in during my whiff to body sent for even trying to do the roll tactic. Dead robot and free to zone Haggar.
They've definitely got to do some retooling in order to make him work. That rushing clothesline could be a great mid range solution that leads to a relatively safe hyper and DHC options.

I don't think they'll ever give a good solution for the long range problems. Some characters just operate in a way that makes them suffer in the long range battle. The best they can do is try to give him the tools to partially nullify long range. It'd be cool if they made him the kind of character who drew you in instead of out. It could be somewhat like Tager in BB, but I don't know how they could achieve this without magnetism.

Fake edit: Reading his post again, I think he meant that the super armor would die out as soon as he is tagged out. It would still be horrible for a character with his damage output and health.

No thanks
Dahbomb said:

I don't get how they could make Hsien-Ko and Arthur that bad. Haggar is understandable because the bulky characters are usually the target for bad tools.

Hsien-Ko could have been A class quite easily with accessible inputs for Henkyo Ki and good damage/half decent speed. Her combos are straightforward and her game with the proper assists can literally create an iron wall under the right conditions. The possibility for a cancel on her Senpu bu would also make her fuckin' scary too. Arthur could have also been quite good if he were not left in his boxers. His level 3 hyper is fantastic for catching assists and it even beats other level three hypers like Ammy's. A lot of missed opportunities for those two in my opinion.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
AA assists period should have some kinda priority..as it stands the assist list is pretty damn stale..outside from otg and instant i see no reason to really use anything else

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Gr1mLock said:
AA assists period should have some kinda priority..as it stands the assist list is pretty damn stale..outside from otg and instant i see no reason to really use anything else
I kinda agree. Right now I have the opposite opinion toward assists as SolarPowered; I don't think there are enough assists that are as effective on defense as Tron and Haggar currently are.

Mainly I just think measures need to be taken to nerf straightforward rushdown as the clearly dominant playstyle. Having Shoryuken-type assists actually function like a Shoryuken (invincible anti-air) could help. But it'd take more than that to make zoning, keepaway, lockdown, etc. more viable, of course.

Dahbomb

I don't play Hsien Ko at all aside from tinkering around with her around week 1 of the game. I play Arthur a lot but it's mostly for troll purposes, he is not a serious part of any one of my teams.

Hsien Ko has so many problems that it's difficult to narrow it down to even 10 things. Mobility is a huge issue, both air and ground. This is quite inane as in VS she is fairly good in mobility and speed comparatively speaking. Damage and execution is also another one, some of the move mappings are just plain unintuitive. Gong is stupid in that a lot of projectiles have faster start up time than it making it useless in most fireball wars (like she can't do shit against Disruptor). Her item throw system is a gimmick at best. Super armor duration is a bit low although I can understand why it's a bit low. No LVL3 hyper, poor damage on combos and generally heavy meter user to be effective. Subpar mix up game and an almost non-existent pressure game. Command throw is decent and some of her normals have decent range. LVL1 hypers aren't bad mostly because they are generally safe and allow her some extra damage after air combos.

Arthur... he's exclusively a zoning character in a game where zoning characters are at a huge disadvantage. He has no runaway game because his mobility is the WORST in the game. His jumps are floaty, he has no ground/air dash and has poor normals. Once someone gets in on Arthur, the game is generally over unless an assist comes in to save your day. One of his best tools is actually a double edged sword in his Gold Armor. Get a great projectile game for some time but then end up with EVEN MORE SHIT HEALTH. It's a really poor example of nostalgia getting in the way of solid game play. The funny thing is that barring X Factor, if Gold armored Arthur was the standard Arthur in the game he still would barely be Mid tier in this game... that's how bad he is. The best thing about him is his LVL3, which is the best in the game honestly. The retarded part is that it's attached to a character who is the 2nd biggest meter user in the game after Phoenix.

These 2 are easily worst 2 in the game although still no where near Roll tier. It's hard even coming up ways to retool them so that they are major threats. I agree about cancellable Senbu's for some more pressure game/comboability. More damage is a must and better mobility both on air and ground with possibly additional time on Super armor. Move commands need to be swapped around. I don't know how they can legitimately fix Arthur other than taking out his underpants form.

LordAlu

enzo_gt said:
wM5oK.jpg
If Rockman.EXE was included I'd by this game so hard the disc would break with the force of it entering my 360. Then I'd have to buy it again.

You hear that Capcom? TWO TIMES THE MONEY!!

Sixfortyfive

I figure Arthur would be rather straightforward to fix.

- 1.2 million HP (50% increase). There is absolutely no reason why a keepaway-dependent character should be on the bottom of the stamina rankings in a game where keepaway sucks, comparatively speaking. He isn't going to be doing major damage via combos, so it doesn't make sense for him to have paper-thin defense himself.

- He needs a way to effectively create distance between himself and the opponent so that it isn't lights out when they close the distance once. If they're going to keep his mobility at shit tier levels, then make his normal throws toss the opponent clear across the screen or something.

- Be able to manually terminate gold armor early so that he can avoid the way-too-harsh punishment that he gets when the timer runs out.

Sixfortyfive said:
I kinda agree. Right now I have the opposite opinion toward assists as SolarPowered; I don't think there are enough assists that are as effective on defense as Tron and Haggar currently are.
I honestly have no problems with there being more AA assists at all. I have a problem with how long Haggar stays out because it gives people waaaay too much time to think and Gustav flame is fucking horribly hard to punish. You CAN punish Haggar if you are coming down and block the lariat, but Tron will be gone in the blink of an eye even if you manage to block her on the ground, which is fucked.
Dahbomb said:
I don't play Hsien Ko at all aside from tinkering around with her around week 1 of the game. I play Arthur a lot but it's mostly for troll purposes, he is not a serious part of any one of my teams.

Hsien Ko has so many problems that it's difficult to narrow it down to even 10 things. Mobility is a huge issue, both air and ground. This is quite inane as in VS she is fairly good in mobility and speed comparatively speaking. Damage and execution is also another one, some of the move mappings are just plain unintuitive. Gong is stupid in that a lot of projectiles have faster start up time than it making it useless in most fireball wars (like she can't do shit against Disruptor). Her item throw system is a gimmick at best. Super armor duration is a bit low although I can understand why it's a bit low. No LVL3 hyper, poor damage on combos and generally heavy meter user to be effective. Subpar mix up game and an almost non-existent pressure game. Command throw is decent and some of her normals have decent range. LVL1 hypers aren't bad mostly because they are generally safe and allow her some extra damage after air combos.

Arthur... he's exclusively a zoning character in a game where zoning characters are at a huge disadvantage. He has no runaway game because his mobility is the WORST in the game. His jumps are floaty, he has no ground/air dash and has poor normals. Once someone gets in on Arthur, the game is generally over unless an assist comes in to save your day. One of his best tools is actually a double edged sword in his Gold Armor. Get a great projectile game for some time but then end up with EVEN MORE SHIT HEALTH. It's a really poor example of nostalgia getting in the way of solid game play. The funny thing is that barring X Factor, if Gold armored Arthur was the standard Arthur in the game he still would barely be Mid tier in this game... that's how bad he is. The best thing about him is his LVL3, which is the best in the game honestly. The retarded part is that it's attached to a character who is the 2nd biggest meter user in the game after Phoenix.

These 2 are easily worst 2 in the game although still no where near Roll tier. It's hard even coming up ways to retool them so that they are major threats. I agree about cancellable Senbu's for some more pressure game/comboability. More damage is a must and better mobility both on air and ground with possibly additional time on Super armor. Move commands need to be swapped around. I don't know how they can legitimately fix Arthur other than taking out his underpants form.
It'd be cool to see your thoughts fleshed out. I'm never going to see a real analysis on her done by tourney players and I don't even know of anyone on the internet that has any legitimate strategies for her. Hell, I think I'm the only one in Mahvel gaf who even uses her.

I don't care if you spend the entire post shitting on her either. :p

Dahbomb said:

Yeah, Hsien Ko really does need a major change =/

Besides the already mentioned changes like better mobility and changed inputs, I feel that they should change the way her item toss works back to how it was in VS. I know it isn't, but I feel the way it is right now it might as well be totally random, at least with how it was in VS you always know when you'll get a good one.

Sixfortyfive

SolarPowered said:
I have a problem with how long Haggar stays out because it gives people waaaay too much time to think
I don't follow. He's completely vulnerable during the third spin. I figure hanging around long enough to be punished hurts him as much as it helps.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sixfortyfive said:
I figure Arthur would be rather straightforward to fix.

- 1.2 million HP (50% increase). There is absolutely no reason why a keepaway-dependent character should be on the bottom of the stamina rankings in a game where keepaway sucks, comparatively speaking. He isn't going to be doing major damage via combos, so it doesn't make sense for him to have paper-thin defense himself.

- He needs a way to effectively create distance between himself and the opponent so that it isn't lights out when they close the distance once. If they're going to keep his mobility at shit tier levels, then make his normal throws toss the opponent clear across the screen or something.

- Be able to manually terminate gold armor early so that he can avoid the way-too-harsh punishment that he gets when the timer runs out.

in order for zoning teams to be effective they would have to do a serious xfactor overhaul. My idea was that you'd sort of have to chose what benefit you want from it...if you were doing a combo and you xfc..youd get the damage boost. If you xfc'd during block you wouldn't take chip...and if you xfc neutral without being hit you'd get to regenerate. I know its sort of drastic but as it stands right now xfactor clearly needs an overhaul. The mechanic on its own hinders certain play styles. Theres no reason why level 3 xfactor plus a certain character should equal to almost clear immortality.

Dahbomb

SolarPowered said:
It'd be cool to see your thoughts fleshed out. I'm never going to see a real analysis on her done by tourney players and I don't even know of anyone on the internet that has any legitimate strategies for her. Hell, I think I'm the only one in Mahvel gaf who even uses her.

I don't care if you spend the entire post shitting on her either. :p
Legitimate strategy for playing Hsien Ko? Get gold armor and use her godly assist. It's good enough to win you a ton of matches even at high level play. If you actually want to PLAY Hsien Ko on point then good luck with that.

Hsien Ko buff isn't a request, it's a mandate. If Capcom doesn't buff Hsien Ko then they have officially classified her as "assist tier" meaning they feel that her assist is so good that she doesn't need to be that great as a point character.

shaowebb

Sixfortyfive said:
I don't follow. He's completely vulnerable during the third spin. I figure hanging around long enough to be punished hurts him as much as it helps.

If someone hasn't done something by the third Spin as the guy who summoned him out they got bigger problems than how Haggar's character was set up.

I see what your saying though. He's kind of a tough nut to crack when changing him on any level.Hsien Ko has a lot of stuff that needs work which, in a way, makes her easier to brainstorm for since you don't have to worry too much about accidently making her broken by doing one thing. Haggar on the other hand has that health, that assist, and that damage and the ability to reset any air combo by swinging pipe as he falls under someone to land in time to relaunch (if it didn't already otg).

I worry that ,say giving Haggar an air dash, would break him because unlike Thor he doesn't have a rough time putting together combos at all levels of player skill. This is why I keep thinking he should just get a super armored dash type move without any huge range. It'd allow him an approach without allowing him new options to really cross you up like an air dash might. It'd lose to beams or any multihit projectile making it limited, but it would allow for a way to cut distance semi-safely. It also wouldn't turn him into rushdown like a simple dash overhaul could if he had a big wave dash since it'd mean that his rush in combos would have to be doable out of that dashup move thus limiting it enough to be usable but not really abusable unless they bone it with a cancel of somekind.

Hsien Ko on the other hand is weird. Its like she was an attempt to design a character who was meant to always remain as far away as possible. Good in theory with the teleport,ability to stay airborne for nearly forever and gong and invincible gold armor swing gimmick, but in a game where so much of the cast can cut distance without effort it fails to pan out given how inferior some of her tools are at keeping her away from folks versus the tools others were given to get inside.

It's not even like she was given a huge projectile toolset either with any dominance over the projectiles other folks got. It's like she was meant to try to pull off her gimmick entirely through projectile redirect, but given that rushdown is dominant it fails on that front leaving her with the only option of trying to stay about mid screen and using short combos and meter to threaten folks, and since her best asset is to use that meter for armor and be an assist it really shoots itself there too.

She's rough. Maybe give her a fast projectile and a teleport that actually works for stuff outside of that dash thing?

Sixfortyfive

shaowebb said:
It's not even like she was given a huge projectile toolset either with any dominance over the projectiles other folks got. It's like she was meant to try to pull off her gimmick entirely through projectile redirect, but given that rushdown is dominant it fails on that front leaving her with the only option of trying to stay about mid screen and using short combos and meter to threaten folks, and since her best asset is to use that meter for armor and be an assist it really shoots itself there too.
More or less. I've pretty much always felt that Hsien-Ko's central issue is that her current strengths are a mismatch for the game. The gong basically makes her the "anti-keepaway" character, but considering that straight-up zoning isn't a dominant tactic at all (see Arthur comments above), that directly diminishes her usefulness as a result.

I still think she'd be rather straightforward to buff, too. Most of it would just involve making certain aspects of her work more like her VSav self.

Sixfortyfive said:
I've never noticed his vulnerability then, but I guess it is because I'm too busy trying to get him into the sky.

The nerf doesn't have as much to do with him as it does with the characters he complements. He takes characters like Zero, Phoenix, Wolverine, etc(basically top tier) and he makes their approach and mixups nearly perfectly safe. Changing something as simple as the duration of the assist will have on no effect on the quality of his assist as long as it hits, but it'll make all the difference in the world when it comes to dealing with characters who have teleports and instant dashes.

If I had the choice, I'd have his cut down to two spins and I'd make him jump out a bit quicker than now. The matches as a whole would move faster, his chance of getting hit decreases a bit and the particularly strong characters who rely on him would have to rethink their strategies.
Dahbomb said:
Hsien Ko has so many problems that it's difficult to narrow it down to even 10 things.
I meant that I'd like to see this expanded on. Just what her problems are exactly. There is no way I expect you are anyone else to dissect her matchups for me, especially when she is obviously no worth the time and effort.

shaowebb

SolarPowered said:
I meant that I'd like to see this expanded on. Just what her problems are exactly. There is no way I expect you are anyone else to dissect her matchups for me, especially when she is obviously no worth the time and effort.

Thats really the thing...Hsien Ko is worth time and effort as a character, but the current build of her against the current build of her opposition is what gives her problems for this game.
Thats where I guess the listing 10 problems with Hsien Ko thing is meant to hit home at...at least thats how I feel about it.

Her stuff is cool, and her combos are fun even if they need meter most times...shes just not been made strong enough to use these tools in this kind of game for some reason. Her stuff is interesting and unique and thats GOOD. She has tools and tricks that no one else does and that makes her tricky enough that when you pick her up and master a few tools like baiting someone into a gong or walking over a hyper you feel like a fucking mastermind for learning to use cunning in a game thats generally just about getting in peoples face with as much as you can at a constant pace.

But with all of this cool stuff to make her a master at maneuvering people and escaping people they forgot to make any of it strong enough to actually compete against what she is up against in MVC3. That was a total ball drop moment for the team. Too slow on her tricks, no fast get off me projectiles to force them back into her ideal areas for stuff. No quick maneuvers to get around rushdown attempts. NOTHING.

She has all the potential in the world for cool characters and they forgot to make her mobile or fast enough to use anything they thought up for her against a cast that is this rushdown/mixup oriented.

Hell at this point if they don't change her mobility or make her moves fast enough to counter pick someone coming in then they may as well just give her a projectile that shoots behind her opponents to force them into combos by giving her a free mixup that requires no extra mobility...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey :)

Sixfortyfive

SolarPowered said:
You attributed the wrong quote to me but I'll answer anyway because I mained Hsien-Ko for about a month. To be honest I don't think she's as hopeless in battle as a lot of people say she is; it's mostly a matter of her position on the team that ends up fucking her over.

Basically, I think she can be effective when the opponent is forced to come to her, just because she has some mad range on her normals and supposedly decent anti-airs in f+M and f+H (or so I've heard; it's been forever and I don't feel like testing). Fast jab that hits low too, I think. c.H moves under a lot of stuff. Pendulum swing is actually pretty good for creating pressure in the right situation or with the right support. Damage is terrible without a really long gong loop in the corner or swords hyper OTG mid-screen, and even then it's not very impressive. But it's not like she has absolutely no tools to work with. Outclassed for sure but not hopeless.

Here's what kills her for me though: She almost always plays the role of assist character on the team because that's the easiest way to justify a spot for her, and that usually means she'll be the last one standing when things go wrong. And if she's behind, she's not going to catch up, because her mobility is just that abysmal. She has a considerably worse time closing the gap than the other "assist" characters imo. This is by far the greatest reason why I dropped her.

shaowebb

lupinko said:
I'll take a break from being cryptic, so I'll just say I threw you guys a bone just recently.

Looking at your recent posts I gotta say I agree with your comments on how the original 90's characters were the true voices of some of the cast.
Also I would love to believe all those Mark Hamil and Kevin Conroy comments were you trying to tease a Capcom based DC versus game but we'll never see the day. If any of that was going to tease anything it was probably voice cast hints at who we were getting based on who those actors portrayed in the 90's.

Most likely Jubilee if anyone given your yellow fever comments about a girl and the several other comments that mentioned her in some form or another...too bad Jubilee is a Vampire now.

Thanks for putting me back on the rails of this hype train Lupinko. I got into a sad place thinking about how close Hsien Ko is to greatness and how she so deserves to be put there soon.

Keep hope alive ya'll! Hype train. Woo!Woo!

lupinko

Look closer on the recent tweets and then go back to the tweet that was most debated on recently.

Lol too much assist from me.

mr. puppy

Banned
lupinko said:
Look closer on the recent tweets and then go back to the tweet that was most debated on recently.

Lol too much assist from me.

hey was that dude on srk lying about knowing you?

also, could somebody sum up what we know so far?

It is Jubilee. He mentions her in the 90s va tweet and she is currently a vampire and that matches up with the vampire stuff and her yellow jacket refers to the yellow fever.

I have to say lupinko, you're pretty awesome. All this hype and speculation can be more engaging and fun than the game itself.

Though I have to say most of the 90s Marvel voice cast is overrated. The new VAs rock =P

crimsonspider89 said:
It is Jubilee. He mentions her in the 90s va tweet and she is currently a vampire and that matches up with the vampire stuff and her yellow jacket refers to the yellow fever.
Not to mention the fact that Jubilee is also Chinese American.

smurfx

get some go again
stop giving us hints about marvel and give us hints on capcom characters! will ryu from bof be in the game?

Mr_Zombie

crimsonspider89 said:
Jubilee is a vampire now? D:

They fucked over Jubilee with some lame-ass vampire arc? The fuck.

She was one of my favorites because she was a n00b and underpowered but had potential. She was kinda that weak person a reader could identify and empathize with most with on human terms. Well, I guess you can't be the weak side-kick forever...but I'd rather her powers be buffed than have a vampire arc. it's just so unnecessary.

Jubilee was not underpowered, just didn't know how to use that shit.

She had the potential to create subatomic explosions aka time for some serious bangs. Talking about nuclear and beyond. Just inexperienced.

smurfx said:
stop giving us hints about marvel and give us hints on capcom characters! will ryu from bof be in the game?
We got the biggest gift we could possibly receive with Strider.
Dreams-Visions said:

She was one of my favorites because she was a n00b and underpowered but had potential. She was kinda that weak person a reader could identify and empathize with most with on human terms. Well, I guess you can't be the weak side-kick forever...but I'd rather her powers be buffed than have a vampire arc. it's just so unnecessary.
She is basically one of the old school X-men. I'm not fond of the vampire stuff, but I'm willing to read it if it means that she can become more than just a sidekick.

my two cents...

V_Arnold

Dreams-Visions said:

I must then inform you that this story happened quite the contrary:
Jubliee lost her powers in M-Day. All of her powers. No more mutant Jubilee since then. She left X-Men (obviously), and was barely even mentioned ever since. It was the status quo for her until X-Men (the new series), when the writers had the perfect idea to bring her into the table again, so she is once again extraordinary, if not the same as we all knew a decade ago.

And if Avengers:Children's Crusade goes down the way I hope it goes down, Scarlet Witch will just give her powers back to Jubilee, and "cures" the Vampire curse at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom