• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wM5oK.jpg

lupinko said:
Hey does anyone remember the movie babe? the one about the talking pig? that was a good movie, james cromwell was dope in it

James Cromwell played Vergil in Dante's Inferno.

Also, the lyrics he tweeted are from "Hunger" from Transformers: The Movie. No idea what that means.

shaowebb

JazzmanZ said:
Personally I don't think we need any more SF characters except URIEN...and DUDLEY.

Fixed. Nah just kidding. Root for whoever you want. Both Bison and Blanka would be fun too...I just think Urien's shoulder rush/powerbomb/Shield wombo combos and Dudleys aggresive ground style would work well for this game.

It would be nice if we got some hints for females. If we do get 10 characters I expect three from Marvel. Their current number of offerings is paltry to say the least.

Oh, and fuck Ken lol.
smurfx said:
naw his knife should just be able to stop other projectiles. hsien ko should lose her gold armor as well. :p
The fuck?

Not even as joke. Don't give Capcom any ideas.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lupinko Lance Lingos
what was said was actually not what it is, don't believe false prophets

lupinko Lance Lingos
hmm, i guess you guys may consida me dat verbal kint for dem infos

Also, I support the notion that news about new stages would be nice. The stages in MvC3 are all incredibly well done.

shaowebb

ShockingAlberto said:
Hey, Lupinko.

This isn't about characters, but do you know anything about new levels? MvC3 has an incredibly small amount.

I'd also love to know stuff on that matter. Maybe a zombie mall level with both Dead Rising, Resident Evil, and Marvel Zombies stuff in it would be pretty fun.

SOMERANDOMTRAINER said:
James Cromwell played Vergil in Dante's Inferno.

Also, the lyrics he tweeted are from "Hunger" from Transformers: The Movie. No idea what that means.

He also was a member of an organization to save the Black Panthers, and had a bit part as Captain George Stacy in Spiderman 3. If thats a clue its too vague to nail down just yet.

Roody

Neo Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Hey, Lupinko.

This isn't about characters, but do you know anything about new levels? MvC3 has an incredibly small amount.
Pretty much this. You know what would be great? If we ARE getting Wright...

GYAKUTEN SAIBAN COURTROOM LEVEL.

Do it, Capcom!

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
The fuck?

Not even as joke. Don't give Capcom any ideas.
if capcom gives it to haggar then i'm all for it. :p although knowing capcom they would give it to dante or phoenix. seriously though capcom needs to give hsien ko a considerable speed dash and maybe even a teleport.

shaowebb

smurfx said:
if capcom gives it to haggar then i'm all for it. :p although knowing capcom they would give it to dante or phoenix. seriously though capcom needs to give hsien ko a considerable speed dash and maybe even a teleport.

Her dash is her teleport, but its pretty shit and can't be used for crossups very well due to recovery. Also I agree Haggar needs a way to get inside. I am really good with him, but without a damned stacked beam assist he has know way to get inside and is relegated to being a wall assist to shutdown things with lariat.

Give him a clothesline that works like Juggernaut's old charge move that has a hit of super armor so it can punish single projectiles and we'll be doing good. Any more than that and it'd be way too much because it'd be a gigantic Cap shield ripping through the screen.

DR2K

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
this thread is great.

The scary thing is, its only just begun. Funny thing is, there's a huge chance everything will get out right leaked once again.

smurfx

get some go again
shaowebb said:
Her dash is her teleport, but its pretty shit and can't be used for crossups very well due to recovery. Also I agree Haggar needs a way to get inside. I am really good with him, but without a damned stacked beam assist he has know way to get inside and is relegated to being a wall assist to shutdown things with lariat.

Give him a clothesline that works like Juggernaut's old charge move that has a hit of super armor so it can punish single projectiles and we'll be doing good. Any more than that and it'd be way too much because it'd be a gigantic Cap shield ripping through the screen.
you on 360? i would love to compare haggars.

shaowebb said:

I actually like this. A nerf on the ridiculous length of that lariat assist coupled with this and a minor projectile would do wonders for his game.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarPowered said:
I actually like this. A nerf on the ridiculous length of that lariat assist coupled with this and a minor projectile would do wonders.
i think just giving his hoodlum launcher some armor would make him so much better.

SolarPowered said:
I actually like this. A nerf on the ridiculous length of that lariat assist coupled with this and a minor projectile would do wonders for his game.

Nerf it? As though you can't already avoid it low or punish it east enough outside of block already easy enough already? Give me a break.

Haggar should have a super-armour hyper that's cancelled the second he tags out. Super armour on his hoodlum launch sounds nice but characters like Magnetor could still easily jump out of it from their Estakka's or character like Storm could still simple keep him at full screen with jump projectiles. He needs super armour on more than just one move because he's so slow.

Anyway, the only thing that ever made Jugg's assist a viable tool was the ridiculous damage it got with his damage buff hyper and Haggar doesn't have that. The threat of beam hypers alone wouldn't make it worth it without that damage.

smurfx

get some go again
Spirit of Jazz said:
Pipe projectile all the way son... or was that just in Streets of Rage?
i don't remember being able to throw the pipe in final fight. maybe in the sequels they could but i never played them so i wouldn't know.

smurfx

get some go again
FlightOfHeaven said:
No Megaman. Zero is enough as it is.

Bring Roll!
the hell with that. i would rather they have a real character in the game like ryu from bof 3 than a C character like roll.

smurfx

get some go again
a lot of people want phoenix wright in this game but how the hell would he even fight? what if he was the only character that had a combo break hyper? you would see a huge objection on the screen and the player would get thrown across the screen like phoenix does when she goes DP. although that ability would have to cost him at least 2 meters or 3.

kirblar

smurfx said:
a lot of people want phoenix wright in this game but how the hell would he even fight? what if he was the only character that had a combo break hyper? you would see a huge objection on the screen and the player would get thrown across the screen like phoenix does when she goes DP. although that ability would have to cost him at least 2 meters.
That's why you put in Fran Von Karma instead. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
IntelliHeath said:
I know that he does play different but would you willing to give one out of five or six spot to Ken when we could have variety characters?

Yes. Because he's always been my main. But I understand the sentiment of people who don't want him in... and I don't expect him in.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
smurfx said:
a lot of people want phoenix wright in this game but how the hell would he even fight? what if he was the only character that had a combo break hyper? you would see a huge objection on the screen and the player would get thrown across the screen like phoenix does when she goes DP. although that ability would have to cost him at least 2 meters or 3.
All I can really think of is a Magatama / Psyche Lock hyper. "Objection" as a combo breaker would probably have to be a level 3. Maybe some time travel nonsense if they want to poke fun at Apollo Justice case 4, lol.

For specials, he'd probably have to rely on Doronjo/Commando type partner cameos in order to stay faithful to the source.

smurfx

get some go again
i like ken but i don't think he should be in. i think if another street fighter character makes it in it should be either guile, m bison, blanka or balrog.

ShockingAlberto said:
You know

I bet if and when Phoenix Wright isn't in the game, I bet they use "We already had Phoenix and did not want to cause confusion" as their reason.

And they couldn't find a way to balance Dark Phoenix Wright.

smurfx said:

Movement/normals based off of Phoenix Wright The Musical

Podium slam special reflects projectiles/knocks down

OBJECTION is an invincible reversal with launcher properties

lvl 1 hyper summons judge with giant Gavel like Servbot

lvl 1 hyper summons Miles Edgeworth for tandem attacks

lvl 3 hyper Chains of Truth

J5Tq2.png

He could also bring in other team members for special attacks, like Von Karma.

VZ4qn.jpg

BEHOLD

-"dat robochick would give anyone dat h.a.r.d.a.c"

Roll?...does sync up with shadier things I've heard lately involving felynes, and phoenix wright..

Dirtbag

IntelliHeath said:
I know that he does play different but would you willing to give one out of five or six spot to Ken when we could have variety characters?

Totally agree.
If it's got to be another street fighter character, no way should it be another shoto.
It should probably be one of the 3rd strikers or someone a bit obscure like Rolento or something. There are more then enough street fighter characters in games already.

Dirtbag

ShockingAlberto said:
Hey, Lupinko.

Definitely need a good devil may cry courtyard or something

Valnen

Dirtbag said:
Definitely need a good devil may cry courtyard or something
What would be perfect is the top of Temen-ni-gru. But only if they add Vergil >.>.

Come on Capcom, it's perfect for the anniversary!

shaowebb

smurfx said:
i think just giving his hoodlum launcher some armor would make him so much better.

That'd work the same as my clothesline idea without the need for them to animate and balance a new move. I like this idea. It'll lead into his combos better :)

Behold the up down dance that is the glory of Haggar combos. Too bad my Spencer sucks. Those two work really well together since Spencer drags them into crushing distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom