• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Edzi

There are branded TE2s (GGXrd, USF4, P4A), and plain MadCatz TE2s with no game branding.

When somebody says a MCZ TE2, they want one with game specific branding. :)

Ohhh, makes sense. Thanks!

In other news, my indecisive self is having second some serious second thoughts about returning my HRAP V4 stick... Maybe I should just keep it and not go through the hassle of hunting for a TE.

mdsfx

I understand your post but you really need to think about the bigger picture when it comes to bringing products to market. Mad Catz has never been big when it comes to direct sales through our website. A majority of our sales are through retail/etail establishments.

Also keep in mind we pre-sold out of these orders (which we make thousands of at times). So honestly, your comment about my comment doesn't speak volumes to me really. That's why I wanted to reply.

Does madcatz only distribute arcade sticks through GameStop for retail sales? Regular controllers and smaller accessories may be a different story, but I don't think Ive ever seen arcade sticks in any other retail store (target, bestbuy, etc).

Vade

Ohhh, makes sense. Thanks!

In other news, my indecisive self is having second some serious second thoughts about returning my HRAP V4 stick... Maybe I should just keep it and not go through the hassle of hunting for a TE.

Seems to be if you believe the next HRAP will really be coming soon, hopeful TM., it would be best to refund and grab the new model. I missed the batch on the original HRAP V4 and do not want to pay the scalper's fees for one considering the buttons will need to be replaced.

vg260

Sweet. I managed to snag a other one. Wasn't going to, but my fiance said I should (<3 her). Figured I wouldn't get one, but I did.

You lucked out big time.

I wish the upcoming ones had black sides. Just looks less toy-ish and more neutral for art customization than the blue sides. I actually like the neutral MadCatz art best, just not the blue sides.

How are the buttons on this? They're actually recessed on the TE2s, right? I'm wondering if that feels weird.

Does madcatz only distribute arcade sticks through GameStop for retail sales? Regular controllers and smaller accessories may be a different story, but I don't think Ive ever seen arcade sticks in any other retail store (target, bestbuy, etc).

Only major retailer chain I've seen a fightstick stocked in recently is Fry's Electronics and GameStop. B&H Photo carries them, but that's pushing the definition of a retail store.

jbug617

Banned
Mad Catz working on making a 360/XB1 stick

@MarkMan23: Before anyone asks (I know they will), we (@MadCatz) have already been working on making an Xbox One/360 compatible FightStick. Stay tuned.

Edzi

Does anyone know what parts went into the PS2 Tekken 5 Hori stick? I tried googling it, but came up with nothing. It's the only stick I've ever played with, so I kinda want to know what kind of stick/buttons I've been using before I upgrade to a new Hori/Madcatz stick.

tekken_5_arcade_stick.jpg

mdsfx

Does anyone know what parts went into the PS2 Tekken 5 Hori stick? I tried googling it, but came up with nothing. It's the only stick I've ever played with, so I kinda want to know what kind of stick/buttons I've been using before I upgrade to a new Hori/Madcatz stick.

http://poorvin.com/hori/tekken_5_arcade_stick.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Open up the bottom and check. The manufacturer name will be on both the joystick and buttons

Does anyone know what parts went into the PS2 Tekken 5 Hori stick? It was given to me by a friend a year ago, and so far it's been then only stick I've ever used. I kinda want to know what kind of stick/buttons I've been using before I upgrade to a new Hori/Madcatz stick.

Having taken many of these apart I can tell you they are not name brand parts like Seimitsu or Sanwa. The buttons are cheap, 28mm, Chinese parts. The stick is junk too so if you like the parts on that stick you should fall in love with anything Sanwa. Get a TE2 and enjoy!

Skilletor

Sanwa stick, super shitty hori buttons. Not kuros. This is way before those. They are so terrible.

Literally anything would be better than the buttons in that stick. lol

Having taken many of these apart I can tell you they are not name brand parts like Seimitsu or Sanwa. The buttons are cheap, 28mm, Chinese parts. The stick is junk too so if you like the parts on that stick you should fall in love with anything Sanwa. Get a TE2 and enjoy!

The stick wasn't sanwa? I thought all of the HRAPs had sanwa sticks/hori buttons. It's been a long time since I played on one, though, and was long before I started digging deep into arcade sticks, so I might be misremembering.

Vitacat

Hmm, I own 2 of those Tekken sticks, as well as several Sanwa, Seimitsu, and Hori sticks and panels.

To me these old Tekken sticks actually feel pretty good, kinda Seimitsu-ish, and the buttons seem ok but not great. Personally not a fan of the mushy feel of Sanwa JLF's. I put Hayabusas in my arcade cab, they are the best IMO.

Edzi

Thanks, now I'm super excited to actually upgrade and feel the difference. Not looking forward to hunting down a TE2 though... From what I've read in this thread, it sounds like they sell out insanely quick. That Guilty Gear all black stick looked pretty sexy too...

Sanwa stick, super shitty hori buttons. Not kuros. This is way before those. They are so terrible.

Literally anything would be better than the buttons in that stick. lol

The stick wasn't sanwa? I thought all of the HRAPs had sanwa sticks/hori buttons. It's been a long time since I played on one, though, and was long before I started digging deep into arcade sticks, so I might be misremembering.

If those sticks were Sanwa, they were the cheapest part they ever made that did not even resemble anything else in their catalog. I remember it did have the 4 smaller mounting holes that were right at the base of the stick so it could have been a Sanwa, just not a good one. The buttons were absolute crap though. SInce they were smaller you had to grind the metal panel to make room for the 30mm buttons.

The North American Tekken 5 stick uses generic parts. The JP Tekken 5 stick (which has a white shell and different art) has a Sanwa lever and is branded HRAP.

The NA T5 sitck carries no HRAP branding.

Kysen

Where can I get a TE2 for ps4 in the UK for under £200? The only ps4 stick on Amazon is out of stock(rap4) so I might as well pay a bit more and go for something better.

Skilletor

The North American Tekken 5 stick uses generic parts. The JP Tekken 5 stick (which has a white shell and different art) has a Sanwa lever and is branded HRAP.

The NA T5 sitck carries no HRAP branding.

The more you know.

I must have just assumed. When that HRAP came out, I wasn't worried about the quality of the parts. Still knew those buttons were shit, though.

What's the reasoning for Razer not releasing any PS sticks? All theirs are only for 360/Xbone.

I feel like they are missing a big opportunity to sell some with Hori and MCZ failing to meet demand.

Skilletor

What's the reasoning for Razer not releasing any PS sticks? All theirs are only for 360/Xbone.

I feel like they are missing a big opportunity to sell some with Hori and MCZ failing to meet demand.

Definitely going to miss an opportunity since PS4 is likely to be the console for most fighting game fans this generation.

I think their reasoning was that they'd rather make on product really well over multiple products poorly.

Edit:

Nope, it's even worse, lol:

http://kotaku.com/razer-doesnt-make-ps3-accessories-because-its-boss-rar-688038049

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Anyone got any insight into the cronusmax adapter?
I am thinking about getting one for using my PS3 SF4TE stick on Xbox one and possibly ps4. I don't play tourneys but rather would use the stick than controller and not buy a new one since they are expensive. Has anyone used one before?
http://controllermax.com

vg260

Anyone got any insight into the cronusmax adapter?
I am thinking about getting one for using my PS3 SF4TE stick on Xbox one and possibly ps4. I don't play tourneys but rather would use the stick than controller and not buy a new one since they are expensive. Has anyone used one before?
http://controllermax.com

I got one recently for KI and my MadCatz sticks. I'm very happy with it, especially since they were running a sale on it. You have to connect an Xbox One controller through the device initially to authenticate the controller, then you take out the Xbox controller and plug in the stick. It's a small hassle but works. The pad, however is essentially useless for that session, though as the convertor is essentially using that controller's ID to pass inputs from the stick. I'm honestly not sensitive to small lag, so I can't say 100% for sure, but I haven't felt any noticeable lag.

On the PS4, it's real wonky. You can't do that because the PS4 authenticates the controller every 8-10 min, so you need a PC that you plug the stick into, be running their program, and have the convertor connected to the PC with the DS4 kept plugged in. It works, but it's kind of a hassle. So, I've been wanting a new stick for the PS4.

For the Xbox One, it was totally worth if for me since they ran Black Friday half off sales, and I only play at home solo/online.

However, it might be best to wait it out a little longer, as they teased a new product to be announced this month, and it might eliminate needing a PC for the PS4. A second USB port to keep the DS4 plugged in would likely do the trick. Chances are the authentication part won't go away, so you'll still be essentially down one pad while using it.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I got one recently for KI and my MadCatz sticks. I'm very happy with it, especially since they were running a sale on it. You have to connect an Xbox One controller through the device initially to authenticate the controller, then you take out the Xbox controller and plug in the stick. It's a small hassle but works. The pad, however is essentially useless for that session, though as the convertor is essentially using that controller's ID to pass inputs from the stick. I'm honestly not sensitive to small lag, but I haven't felt anything noticeable.

On the PS4, it's real wonky. You can't do that because the PS4 authenticates every 8-10 min, so you need a PC that you plug the stick into, be running their program, and have the convertor connected to the PC with the DS4 kept plugged in. It works, but it's kind of a hassle.

For the Xbox One, it was totally worth if for me since they ran Black Friday half off sales, and I only play at home solo/online.

However, it might be best to wait it out a little longer, as they teased a new product to be announced this month, and it might eliminate needing a PC for the PS4. Chances are the authentication part won't go away, so you'll still be essetially down one pad while using it.

Awesome! Thanks for the response! I'll take your suggestion and wait a bit to see if they make a new version

Definitely going to miss an opportunity since PS4 is likely to be the console for most fighting game fans this generation.

I think their reasoning was that they'd rather make on product really well over multiple products poorly.

Edit:

Nope, it's even worse, lol:

http://kotaku.com/razer-doesnt-make-ps3-accessories-because-its-boss-rar-688038049

Yeeesh. I dont know how thats good for business especially with the resurgence of PS and the console getting exclusivity for GG and SF. Guess I will just have to wait for an all black TE2 then.

BOTEC

Has anybody purchased a Seimitsu LS-40 recently? Just curious if they started shipping them with matching color dust washers?

vg260

They never will as the CronosMAX is a pirated version of the Titan One. The CronosMAX guys are the same flaming douchebags behind Team Xecuter and they outright stole shit from the original developer. Thankfully never got the original source code.

Hm, I'm not familiar with any of this background. I'll have to read up on this later :/

edit: Ew, this whole situation sounds gross. I'm still not sure what's going on with these companies and I still need to read more, so I will refrain from posting further feedback on these products for now. I feel bad if I was inadvertently endorsing products from unscrupulous sellers. Hopefully more of this becomes clear to customers, because like for others, this is new to me.

Yo can someone give me a review on the hori hayabusha v4? i heard it's not sanwa and pretty large in size compared to the TE 2. How is the input lag on that stick when played on PS4? Just looking for some good honest reviews before i buy it or should i Just wait for another batch for TE2? putting GGxrd on hold till i get a stick it's impossible for me to play FGs on controller.

This have generic parts in there no sanwa or seimitsu. But It's a good stick IMO. I have had this stick for quite some time now (5 years+) and it still works fine on my ps2.

Edzi

Yo can someone give me a review on the hori hayabusha v4? i heard it's not sanwa and pretty large in size compared to the TE 2. How is the input lag on that stick when played on PS4? Just looking for some good honest reviews before i buy it or should i Just wait for another batch for TE2? putting GGxrd on hold till i get a stick it's impossible for me to play FGs on controller.

I had a change of heart and returned mine before even opening it. Dunno how Amazon handles returned goods, but maybe they'll put it up for sale again soon. The reason I changed my mind is because I heard mixed reviews regarding the Kuro buttons it uses, and I kinda found myself leaning towards a TE2 since Sanwa parts seem to be the standard. Now I just have to wait until they're available again... (fingers crossed for another guilty gear stick)

Heh it feels like I got super lucky to catch amazon selling HRAP V4 for 75 pounds.

Anyway I've been using it for lat two weeks comparing it to my first edition (SFIV) TE modded with Seimitsu buttons.

First it has smaller case - depending on your setup and how you hold it it might be more or less comfortable to hold. I kinda like it.

Second - buttons compared to cheap hori sticks of the past they are much better but Seimitsu feels much better and are more silent to use. Anyway I'd describe them as average - you won't have to upgrade them instantly as they are usable.

Third joystick - I feel like Sanwa in TE is higher quality BUT it requires really precise input on diagonals and Hayabusa seems more forgiving so I'd give it a nod here if you aren't pro.

I haven't opened mine yet but it doesn't have easy access cover on top like TE so getting inside will be a bit more problematic but I plan on doing it only once so no big deal.

Top Bottom