• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Clearly there is confusion / misinformation. There is no preorder for GGXrd sticks. The 100 units we put up last week were ordered/shipped. If you never got an email confirmation for an order or have an order number, then the order didn't go through. Simple as that.

You might have had a hold/authorization on your card when it tried to go through, but whether or not that has been fulfilled is another story. I just got off the phone with the head of customer service at our warehouse and if there are any questions, feel free to contact them again.

I understand the frustration here but I'm going to make it very clear.

There are no pre-orders pending at this time other than those for P4U2 TE2s.

Everything else has already shipped.

Also I double checked. Emails will go out today to everyone that has orders regardless. Just to make sure everyone has visibility.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't feel like contacting customer service accomplishes anything. I have a charge on my card, I received a confirmation email at 1:00 that my order was received, which is before it sold out (since it took 15 minutes).

I called WITH my order number, and customer service told me it was just a preorder. I don't know what more other information I could provide to get this cleared up.

Just wait til' later today, you should get an email regardless esp if you have a confirmation.

BNGames

Hey Mark can you please give me the name of the person you keep talking to because the customer service people keep telling me the exact opposite of what your telling us. Give us a name or some sort of escalation phone number.

Edzi

That is good news!

I assume that the Mad Catz one is going to have red sides like the one for Xbox One? Would it be hard to remove the red or blue sides, paint them black and put them back?

There was a picture posted earlier of it with blue sides:

B6xpcASCEAAzr-p.jpg

Is that not the official design?

I'm super torn now... Should I try and jump on the preorders today, or hold out for a possible all black stick to come back in stock?

There was a picture posted earlier of it with blue sides:

Is that not the official design?

I'm super torn now... Should I try and jump on the preorders today, or hold out for a possible all black stick to come back in stock?

Thanks for the picture! Forgot that one console is red and other is blue.

We have the same dilemma...

Edzi

Thanks for the picture! Forgot that one console is red and other is blue.

We have the same dilemma...

I'm leaning towards just waiting... I'd rather get the one I actually want then risk the regret that comes with settling.

Now all that's left is to pray for a restock.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who really has a problem with the colored sides. They're an eye sore and make it look more like a "toy" than it should, IMO.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who really has a problem with the colored sides. They're an eye sore and make it look more like a "toy" than it should, IMO.

Same here. It is what's holding me back on getting anything other MCZ than the GGXrd variant. Although with all the problems of me trying to get a stick this generation I am to the point of just buying the first thing that becomes available.

AlexIIDX

Same here. It is what's holding me back on getting anything other MCZ than the GGXrd variant. Although with all the problems of me trying to get a stick this generation I am to the point of just buying the first thing that becomes available.

They have these replacement ones on their site, which I assume are compatible with the TE2's....Oddly enough its looks like there's no black, but a grey/see through one....if nothing else I guess it means they can be removed and painted.

Skilletor

They have these replacement ones on their site, which I assume are compatible with the TE2's....Oddly enough its looks like there's no black, but a grey/see through one....if nothing else I guess it means they can be removed and painted.

Those are for the original TE. Doubt they fit the TE2. OG TE is the same shape as a VLX panel, TE2 is a lot different.

AlexIIDX

Those are for the original TE. Doubt they fit the TE2. OG TE is the same shape as a VLX panel, TE2 is a lot different.

Ah sorry, yea wasn't positive...they have an "S" version on there too with a slightly different design. I guess those are for the original as well?

Skilletor

Ah sorry, yea wasn't positive...they have an "S" version on there too with a slightly different design. I guess those are for the original as well?

I think the TE and the TE-S are the same shape.

I bought some flat sides for my TE and it looks like a TE-S (like the Chun TE that I do own...I think that's the "S" version).

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The TE / TE-S sides will not work on the TE2. Neither will the bezels.

We have already announced that we are working on a parts range for the TE2. This will include sides, top panel replacements (Type N panel we announced recently) and some more other surprises. More information on it around March timeframe.

BNGames

Hey Mark can you please give me the name of the person you keep talking to because the customer service people keep telling me the exact opposite of what your telling us. Give us a name or some sort of escalation phone number.

Also still no email.

The TE / TE-S sides will not work on the TE2. Neither will the bezels.

We have already announced that we are working on a parts range for the TE2. This will include sides, top panel replacements (Type N panel we announced recently) and some more other surprises. More information on it around March timeframe.

This is great news, very curious about the "other surprises"! Thanks for the info!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Also still no email.

Apologize for the lack of replies. I'm waiting for them to run through their process. I'm not in the same building and have been busy with other things, but I assure you I've been following up with them for everything.

Edzi

So this means we could buy the blue model and just by new sides to make it all black? If so, that makes it even harder to decide whether to wait for a GG stick restock or just jump on whatever pops up... Decisions, decisions.

So this means we could buy the blue model and just by new sides to make it all black? If so, that makes it even harder to decide whether to wait for a GG stick restock or just jump on whatever pops up... Decisions, decisions.

Note that there is many colors but no black sides for the TE. Who knows if they will sell black ones for the TE2.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
We (Mad Catz) will be launching with blue, red and translucent black for the TE2. The same side panels you'll find on the Xbox 360/Xbox One TE2, PS3/PS4 TE2 and the GGXrd TE2. More info soon.

I plan on getting one of those new Mad Catz TE's that works on PS4 soon after getting my tax refund. Do you think you guys will be well supplied by late February or March or will supply probably still be constrained? Just wondering if pre-ordering is a must to ensure I get one at least before April?

How's the situation on the drivers enabling PS3 stick compatibility going? Haven't herad of that in a long while, I think since ArcSys commented on being aware of it back in November (?).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno, I get the feeling going to be one of those 'wait until release and see' things.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I plan on getting one of those new Mad Catz TE's that works on PS4 soon after getting my tax refund. Do you think you guys will be well supplied by late February or March or will supply probably still be constrained? Just wondering if pre-ordering is a must to ensure I get one at least before April?

Depending on how preorder numbers rise we may increase our production. The next few weeks will be telling (or not). Cuz people really don't listen when I ask them to preorder lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey MarkMan, sorry to be a pain but are you able to answer my query in this post? Also is the plexi meant to move around..? =/

Kinda bummed out.

ALSO: Does anyone know how akishop declares their sticks? Do they lower the value? Nippon Yasan nicely declared the stick at only 2500yen but I have a friend in another country who wants to make a big order from akishop and he'll get hit by customs hard.

vg260

I'm gonna jump on that Hori V4 Kai for my PS4 stick. Pretty much exactly what I want for a 1st PS4 stick. All black, neutral design and the touchpad and other button functions are a big win over the MC TE2s for me. Not to mention after moving some buttons around on old sticks, I have essentially two brand new sets of Sanwa buttons, with one set in black ready to pop in. Been wanting to try a Hayabusa stick too. Also would have it covered with Amazon credit, so it's a no brainer choice. Just hope it comes out sooner than March. Hurry up Amazon US.

Skilletor

Yeah, think I got screwed on my Xrd stick. Charge disappeared from my account, so I guess that was just the authorization thing they do. Since Markman said it was shipping the next day, I assumed it was the actual charge.

So now I still have no email. Whenever I call customer service, they say I have a preorder. My order went through at 1:00, like seconds after it went live, so I know it wasn't sold out, but if they HAVE shipped, and I still haven't been charged, I'm guessing I'm s.o.l.

This is so much bulslhit. I can't get a legit answer from customer service. Markman is saying one thing, they say something completely different. I ask to speak to a manager and still get told I have a preorder and that my card will be charged when the stick ships.

Skilletor

Is there an order showing in your account? Is assume if not, it didn't go through.

Order is still there. It hasn't changed since I placed the order, it just says Pending Fulfillment. My problem is that Markman says they shipped last week. Customer service disagrees.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Order is still there. It hasn't changed since I placed the order, it just says Pending Fulfillment. My problem is that Markman says they shipped last week. Customer service disagrees.

Email/PM me your order number so I can bring it up later.

The GG stick had translucent black side panels? They looked solid black from the pictures I've seen.

Yeah, they're translucent.

We (Mad Catz) will be launching with blue, red and translucent black for the TE2. The same side panels you'll find on the Xbox 360/Xbox One TE2, PS3/PS4 TE2 and the GGXrd TE2. More info soon.

Awesome news. I can now jump on getting in a preorder for a TE2 when they re open up. Thanks for clearing that up MarkMan.

Top Bottom