• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Edzi

RAP v4 Kai listing up! (not able to pre-order yet)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SULMRI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be keeping an eye on it. I think I've finally decided to just bite the bullet and buy both the HRAP4 Kai and the Mad Catz TE2. I dont really have experience with sticks, but I figure I might as well get both of the ones I was interested in since they'll last me throughout the current console generation. Also, having two means I can bug my friends to play fighting games with me.

As soon as the Hori stick comes out, I can finally buy GG Xrd too... Can't wait.

Skilletor

Any idea if the TE2 or HRAP4 would fit well in those?

I don't. I don't see measurements on the site, either. :/

I ordered a couple. I'm sure it'll fit at least one of my sticks. lol. Going to give another as a gift. I can let you know in a few days, but I'm not sure how long they'll be at this price.

As an alternative, the Qanba defender bag is amazing and even fits a VLX. It's an awesome bag.

http://www.eightarc.com/defender-1/

I pulled up some Seimitsu levers I had kicking around and it looks like the LS-40 is indeed square, but the LS-32 has a subtle octo-square when you combine the two layers of restrictor.

Now that I think about it, doesn't the LS-32 have an issue of the outer restrictor wearing down over time and turning it into a square? A harder plastic true square restrcitor was the part change on the LS-32-02, if memory serves.

It's not octogonal, it's just bumpy. I always take it off completely unless I need 4-way or 2-way (which is almost never). I always figured the 8-way position was just a blank since they had to attach the sub guide to the lever for shipping and the bumps were just a structural oddity.

This is my MadCatz TE2 Guilty Gear Xrd with custom artwork from the movie The Last Dragon, Sho'Nuff!

Now I need a LED board!

10903970_601410013326280_5421501536663326800_o.jpg

10914747_601409736659641_8097146794305163983_o.jpg

Skilletor

I'm about to send a stick to him to get modded with Xbox One/PS4 support... I'm hoping it goes well.

I have a local modder who does solid work, but I've heard nothing but good thing about gummo. He goes to some majors, has been at EVO for several years and does wiring on the spot at tourneys. I'm sure you're in good hands. :)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I have a local modder who does solid work, but I've heard nothing but good thing about gummo. He goes to some majors, has been at EVO for several years and does wiring on the spot at tourneys. I'm sure you're in good hands. :)
I just need to find a damn box big enough. I'm sad he can't wire up my VSHG with those two, but he will be doing my Chun Li Round 2 which I love.

On that note if anyone wants a dual modded VSHG, holla!

Can anyone recommend an arcade stick to play on Xbox One? e.g. KI & MKX. I'd like to get 2 so my son and I can play as well as when friends are over. Preferably not $200 each, they don't have to be pro level but decent quality would be good :)

Skilletor

How many sticks, between the two of you, do you own?

15 total. We sold 8 to make room for PS4 sticks.

Some of them hurt to let go :(. The Chun Li TE, the original TE I had for PS3, I had a MadCatz VS Silent stick I managed to get at EVO. :( :( :(

That one hurt the most, lol. But I wasn't using most of them, and now they're in homes where people will press their buttons.

[

She took a picture the other day.

vulva

15 total. We sold 8 to make room for PS4 sticks.

Some of them hurt to let go :(. The Chun Li TE, the original TE I had for PS3, I had a MadCatz VS Silent stick I managed to get at EVO. :( :( :(

That one hurt the most, lol. But I wasn't using most of them, and now they're in homes where people will press their buttons.

[

She took a picture the other day.

At least they're coming from one good home and to another.

Hope to see you at EVO this year!

Edzi

Has anyone else tried to contact Mad Catz customer service with their ticket system? I left one like 10 days ago about canceling one of my preorders, and I've heard nothing back. Emailing them just got me an auto reply saying to use the ticket system. Should I just try calling instead?

Korezo

Has anyone else tried to contact Mad Catz customer service with their ticket system? I left one like 10 days ago about canceling one of my preorders, and I've heard nothing back. Emailing them just got me an auto reply saying to use the ticket system. Should I just try calling instead?

I tried it and saw no response within 2 days so I called them and canceled by phone right away, then like a month later I saw a email respond to the ticket system. Their ticket system is terrible.

mdsfx

I tried it and saw no response within 2 days so I called them and canceled by phone right away, then like a month later I saw a email respond to the ticket system. Their ticket system is terrible.
Strange, last time I canceled an order through their system it was resolved within 2 days.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've always been on-again off-again with fighting games, but really getting into Guilty Gear. The tutorial/learning is so damn good! (Ok not perfect, sometimes I have no idea what they want me to do in the challenges, but eventually I stumble into it.)

I see that the MadCatz TE for PS4 is up for pre-order. Does it make sense to pre-order this now or are there other sticks I might wait for? Also do you guys ever use sticks outside of fighting games? (For PS4 specifically, I could see how they'd be awesome with MAME and the like.) Trying to justify whether the plunge is worth it. They're OK on your lap? I've only played with sticks in the arcade and never a home model.

vg260

I've always been on-again off-again with fighting games, but really getting into Guilty Gear. The tutorial/learning is so damn good! (Ok not perfect, sometimes I have no idea what they want me to do in the challenges, but eventually I stumble into it.)

I see that the MadCatz TE for PS4 is up for pre-order. Does it make sense to pre-order this now or are there other sticks I might wait for? Also do you guys ever use sticks outside of fighting games? (For PS4 specifically, I could see how they'd be awesome with MAME and the like.) Trying to justify whether the plunge is worth it. They're OK on your lap? I've only played with sticks in the arcade and never a home model.

I'd take a look at the Horis. There are two new Hori sticks coming out likely in Feb/March. The TE2s look like nice for modding and customizing, but are lacking in terms of button functionality outside the 8 core buttons and the share and option buttons. The Hori sticks having L3/R3, touchpad, touchpad click and turbo that the TE2s don't make them more attractive for use outside of fighting game core gameplay and/or tourneys. Not to mention the Horis will likely be less expensive. However, the Hori buttons are not as good as the Sanwa ones, by a lot of reports. That might be another ~$20-25 to swap them.

braves01

Banned
Also do you guys ever use sticks outside of fighting games? (For PS4 specifically, I could see how they'd be awesome with MAME and the like.) Trying to justify whether the plunge is worth it. They're OK on your lap? I've only played with sticks in the arcade and never a home model.

I also use my stick for pretty much all the arcade-style stuff that gets released. So, Pac-Man CE, Raiden IV and other shooters, D&D/Dragon's Crown, etc. I actually used a stick to play through final fantasy VI as well, which worked out pretty well tbh. I think they feel great on the lap, except maybe the cheaper sticks that are a little too small, imo.

Edzi

Here's a link to the new Hori stick that just appeared on Amazon, which should be available to preorder soon. I'm probably going to pick up that Hori stick, along with a TE2 that I preordered earlier. I'm actually pretty new to the whole fighting game thing, but I kinda couldn't resist going after both of those sticks just so I could feel the difference (I also couldn't really make up my mind, and just figured why not both). I justified the crazy cost by telling myself that they'd basically last me for the entire next gaming generation, and that it'd be nice having a second for some 2 player action with friends... It also helps that the TE2 won't be shipping until late April, so I can start saving up now.

Man, I didn't realize my newfound love for fighting games would get so expensive so fast. Dunno how the rest of you guys do it.

I'd take a look at the Horis. There are two new Hori sticks coming out likely in Feb/March.

I know about the HRAP4 Kai, but what's the other Hori stick that's slated to come out?

Skilletor

I use them for lots of old arcade games, especially the ports. Contra Uprising, D & D, streets of rage. So good on sticks. And, of course, emulators.

Edzi

Yeah, I just called them and got it canceled hassle free within a couple minutes. No idea why they even bother with the ticket system.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Damn thanks a lot for all the insights guys. Looks like I need to decide between Hori and TE2 basically. It is a bit of a bummer how far off TE2 is.

Top Bottom