• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

The one we built at work with 2 MC Cthulhu boards has some ugly wiring that I've been meaning to redo now that we have the boards mounted to the under side of the panel.

We mounted the PCBs with motherboard standoffs and screws. It works really well.
I had Chimps before I put in the fighting commander 4 board, I just screwed them into the wood with rubber washers. with the wiring on this board, I cant really do that, it needs to sit a good inch away from the wood due to the DPad wires.

Ill think of something though

I had Chimps before I put in the fighting commander 4 board, I just screwed them into the wood with rubber washers. with the wiring on this board, I cant really do that, it needs to sit a good inch away from the wood due to the DPad wires.

Did you cover the solder points with some hot glue or gorilla glue? That will keep them in place and avoid potential shorting at the same time.

ZeroX03

Banned
oh hai

gXU79Pi.jpg

Finally, I get to live the dream of an all Seimitsu stick:

• 1x LS-32-01-SC lever
  • 6x PS-14-G buttons
  • 1x PS-14-D button
  • and lastly,
  • 2x AM-30 hole plugs

Just in time for Under Night.

Sweet mod. I have a pre-order for the Kai from Amazon and I'm looking to install Seimitsu buttons on it, will these be appropriate?

https://www.akishop.jp/buttons/90-ps-15.html##

I may also install a Sanwa stick in the future, anything I should purchase in addition to the stick itself? Thanks

BOTEC

Sweet mod. I have a pre-order for the Kai from Amazon and I'm looking to install Seimitsu buttons on it, will these be appropriate?

https://www.akishop.jp/buttons/90-ps-15.html##

I may also install a Sanwa stick in the future, anything I should purchase in addition to the stick itself? Thanks

PS-15's would fit just fine. A Sanwa JLF should drop right in without the need for extra bits. The Hayabusa you'll be replacing is designed to have the exact same dimensions as the JLF.

And I'm unfashionably late to the party on this one, but the HRAP VHayabusa for Xbone does not work in-game with DOA5LR. I saw a bit on their website FAQ about them "looking into it." This is why I drink.

ZeroX03

Banned
PS-15's would fit just fine. A Sanwa JLF should drop right in without the need for extra bits. The Hayabusa you'll be replacing is designed to have the exact same dimensions as the JLF.

And I'm unfashionably late to the party on this one, but the HRAP VHayabusa for Xbone does not work in-game with DOA5LR. I saw a bit on their website FAQ about them "looking into it." This is why I drink.

Thanks for that, ordered the parts from Akishop. Hopefully it'll arrive at the same time as the Kai.

Grifter

What do you guys put your fight sticks on while you play? I have s desk but I need two side by side.
I started with a heavy MAS stick, floor-play only. Had these long overnight sessions that'd leave barely able to get up from the soreness. Then found a proper-height chair to rest the stick on in front of me, then an ottoman, then I just got lazy/decided that I really didn't want to sit on the floor at tournaments anymore so it's team lap.

deadlast

I'm seriously thinking of building an arcade style pedestal to put my sticks on and to have a slot for PS4, then wallmount my tv. This may be a dumb idea, but I kind of what to do this.

Skilletor

Lap all day.

The VLX is the only stick I've ever felt comfortable setting on my desk. It's seriously so fucking amazing. So many arcade flashbacks with that stick. I love it SO much. :D

I would use these: http://www.focusattack.com/screw-in-pcb-feet-blue-set-of-4/

Being plastic, there's no worry of it shorting anything like what could happen when using motherboard stands on boards not designed for them.

You have no idea. I was practically shaking as I prepped the holes to be drilled in the case. I did NOT want to do it. Unfortunately, i needed more buttons other than "start" and drilling those panels bubbles up the artwork due to heat.

Photo%20Feb%2025%2C%2011%2009%2017%20AM.jpg

this is why I did this.

I figured If I fucked up, I can just remake a metal plate and put that over it.

also made a cable with an RJ-45/Cat6 female end sticking out instead of drilling holes for a panel mount/neutrik.. it's not the prettiest looking but at least I didn't drill holes on the plastic shell. the stick is used mainly in one setup anyway, so it never moves.

I would use these: http://www.focusattack.com/screw-in-pcb-feet-blue-set-of-4/

Being plastic, there's no worry of it shorting anything like what could happen when using motherboard stands on boards not designed for them.
I would probably use rubber washers with the motherboard standoffs, these would definitely be better, but I need them to be taller. With the way my wiring is I need a good inch of clearance
What do you guys put your fight sticks on while you play? I have s desk but I need two side by side.
stand up arcade cabinet for most of my play, otherwise lap

Photo%20Feb%2025%2C%2011%2009%2017%20AM.jpg

this is why I did this.

also made a cable with an RJ-45/Cat6 female end sticking out instead of drilling holes for a panel mount/neutrik.. it's not the prettiest looking but at least I didn't drill holes on the plastic shell. the stick is used mainly in one setup anyway, so it never moves.

OK, this is pretty boss.

Mercutio

this is why I did this.

Show your full stick, it's completely awesome.

deadlast

I would probably use rubber washers with the motherboard standoffs, these would definitely be better, but I need them to be taller. With the way my wiring is I need a good inch of clearance

stand up arcade cabinet for most of my play, otherwise lap
I prefer to stand up while I play.

shaowebb

Sup. Just curious if anyone here has experience with these new Kaimana LED setups on Paradise Arcade shop's site.

Crazy ass LED lightshow on a stick

I'm redoing a stick with the intentions of making it my dedicated bullethell stick and it seems pretty sweet. Just curious on how hard this is to do. It apparently has lots of patterns you can tell it to do for certain motions you input, it has a randomizer for button taps, and if left in sleep mode it just rainbows.

Rainbow Idle Sleepmode
6bMDcUM.gif

Random Colors once sleepmode is ended by playing with it
13OjFFD.gif

Fireball
ezuzdSI.gif

Hurricane Kick
dFGOsWX.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BTW. I hope you guys have money saved up for this week.

I know I do. (not talking about MCZ products).

Nocturno999

I still need to save for Evo, Bloodborne, a new stick, Dragon Quest Heroes, FF Type-0 and USF4 PS4 sigh...
I completed for Evo and a new fight stick though.

V-Gief

I don't want to say without giving it away but it's more of a premium price point.
Not a MadCatz product and at a more like a premium price point... Too vague but I shall save up the money anyways! It could be a Fighting Edge PS4/Xbone version! *continues dreaming* Or it could even be a new VLX! *starts cackling maniacally* ... I need some air.

So I have a Chun Li TE2 for Xbox 360/PC...used to work fine but I just started playing on PC again and the Turbo function and Start/Back no longer work...:\

I'll have to test it out on my 360 as well but anyone had this happen?

hitsugi

I'd probably be in for a VLX.. but that price point D: with regular sticks being $200-ish I'd imagine it being.. $350-400? We'll see.

Top Bottom