• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

took a while, but i'm pretty much done with my MAS restore. just need to get a plexiglass bottom with some feet and i'll be completely done.

toodles multiconsole cthulhu, iL buttons + stick, RJ45 pass through.

obn8yVml.jpg

oUOZy7Jl.jpg

4WljrvKl.jpg

wanted to go after a stock look as much as possible (with some variations on the button colors). overall pretty happy with the end product.

at some point i may try and get a brooks PCB in there but i dont see that happening for a while.

v1ew6aol.jpg

it took a couple hours of shoving the saturn wires into the pins. which was probably the most frustrating thing about this whole project.

I really don't have someone who I expect would be comfortable trying it... but I could always give it a go.

Which entry-level PS4 stick would be a good one to buy concurrently with the Sanwa gate from Amazon? I see the HRAP, but according to a Youtube vid you need a dremel and such to drill out holes to make said gate fit.

There aren't many options from Amazon.com other than TES+, a used TE2 (Chun-Lie edition) or HRAP (which sounds like you need to mod).

If you still need help with installing the gate, once you decide on a stick, I can help you out. But I'm in Canada so shipping costs would be stupid. Again I hope you can find someone to snap this bad boy on for you!

BossRush

What's a good way to wrap up my Obsidian'scable for storage? So far every time I try the bundle comes undone and becomes a mess

nicanica

In haste of scrambling another stick together for UMVC3 on PC.

I pulled the guts from my Xbox Madcatz SE and put them into my TvC stick (I like the art on it, so sue me)

It plugs into my PC, Joystick works fine, but the buttons...
I tested in Joy2Key
Only one button works on press. All other buttons are non responsive but, if I hold down the one button that is responsive in combination with any other button, they work fine.

So long as that one button is held.

I've seated and reseated most everything. Anyone have any clues to whats happening?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like these T7 sticks have a lot more room resting your wrists than the HRAP4. I had a HRAP4 for a few days but it was just so uncomfortable since they were very "shallow" and my wrists were resting on the lip. This appears to make it more like the Mad Catz sticks, which would be a big impetus to finally grab one.

Skilletor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like these T7 sticks have a lot more room resting your wrists than the HRAP4. I had a HRAP4 for a few days but it was just so uncomfortable since they were very "shallow" and my wrists were resting on the lip. This appears to make it more like the Mad Catz sticks, which would be a big impetus to finally grab one.

They definitely do.

Edzi

still holding out for the fighting edge.

I need to really dump one of my sticks that I don't use.

Yep, that's what I'm waiting for too. Until then, I'm fairly content with my HRAPV.

Via Wario

Both are up for preorder on Amazon. I really like the look of the XB1 stick

XB1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZDL970/?tag=neogaf0e-20

PS4: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZD1I6C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Those Hayabusa buttons look different. Hopefully they don't have a matte finish this time.

Ah, like matte keycaps get glossy over the lifetime of use?

I could definitely see that happening.

They probably will wear down. The matte texture is raised more than the average keyboard type, but I'm sure it will still get glossy after awhile. That's the only thing I'm afraid of happening to my RAP.

Allen Poe

anyone have any experience with the qanba crystal? really want to get this stick but I want to replace the ball top with a bat top and want to switch the square gate out for an octogate. i;m a bit leary though, because opening the stick up voids the warranty. any difficulties modding this since there are LEDs to deal with?

if the qanba crystal is not a solid option, can anyone recommend a solid octogate bat top stick for ps4?

Noob question:

Amazon has the RAP 4 Kai for $111. Is this fine for a casual at home player on the PS4?

What would be the difference between this and the new Tekken stick announced the other day? Other than the Tekken 7 marketing?

DiGiKerot

Noob question:

Amazon has the RAP 4 Kai for $111. Is this fine for a casual at home player on the PS4?

What would be the difference between this and the new Tekken stick announced the other day? Other than the Tekken 7 marketing?

It's pretty good for non-casual play as well. It's a solid stick and the usual first recommendation when someone asks in here, unless they have pretty specific requirements which would rule it out.

The Tekken sticks have a different form factor and button layout - the actual casing is different from the RAP4, and has some new QoL features like a trapdoor to block the start button off from accidental contact. That said, it's the same Hayabusa buttons and lever that are being used in both, and the start button is mainly a tourney-play instant-disqualification prevention mechanism. No idea if the internal board is different, but the more recent production HRAP4s were in a good place in terms of features and latency. I guess the Tekken stick as a headphone socket, though, if that's a big deal to you.

Noob question:

You probably are gonna want to swap the lever out with JLF if you think the hayabusa is too loose.

vg260

What's the best arcade stick on PS4? Input Lag and such

I like the Razer Panthera if you want all Sanwa parts and price is not an issue. They also just had a firmware update to minimize delay. The Qanba Obsidian is decent too, but I'm not a fan of the start/select button style. Horis are a good if you want to spend a little less.

I like the Razer Panthera if you want all Sanwa parts and price is not an issue. They also just had a firmware update to minimize delay. The Qanba Obsidian is decent too, but I'm not a fan of the start/select button style. Horis are a good if you want to spend a little less.

I'll look into this, thanks!

took a while, but i'm pretty much done with my MAS restore. just need to get a plexiglass bottom with some feet and i'll be completely done.

toodles multiconsole cthulhu, iL buttons + stick, RJ45 pass through.

this post deserves more love. As a guy who has a dozen HRAPs, my mini MAS stick as my first stick ever is my favorite and most played on. Very nice work you got there. I've always wanted to get around to reworking mine as well. The vinyl is pretty much done and the inside wiring is a mess since I did it myself way back when I was just getting into fighting games. My Cthulhu isn't even mounted lol, it's just floating somewhere in there, squished between all the wires. About the best upgrade I've given to it was going from the iL stick, with all due respect, to Wico 360 with the original dust washer B). Ever thought about trying for a plexi top, replaceable artwork kinda route?

Laws00

So now that madcatz is going under, is it a good time to invest in some of their sticks now? Lol

Already have the entire original sf4 line in boxes

Have the Wii tatsunoko vs capcom stick

And the chun li ps4 stick

Fightstick Alpha

Skilletor

Anyone try the silent Sanwa buttons? How do they compare to the regular Sanwas and the Hori Haybusas?

They're smushy and because of the foam silencer don't feel that click that you do with normal sanwa. I thought they were okay, but I missed the tactile feel. Stick is very similar. They feel okay once you get used to them (if you do), but there's a definite feel of sponginess to them.

Why is it seemingly impossible to find any Hori pushbuttons? I ordered 8 from Focus Attack like a year ago and only wound up getting two of them. I just got a new stick I'm trying to fix up and none seem to be available.

vg260

They're smushy and because of the foam silencer don't feel that click that you do with normal sanwa. I thought they were okay, but I missed the tactile feel. Stick is very similar. They feel okay once you get used to them (if you do), but there's a definite feel of sponginess to them.

Cool. Thanks. I'll probably just stick with the standards.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Bought the chun li te2, dunno why it took so long but I absolutely fell in love with the transluscent design of the te2 shell. And the te2 is such a good series of stick. Mostly buying it because I want another stick for tekken 7 though :p

Top Bottom