• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Armaly

Trying to get an idea on how to install the breakout board while retaining all the buttons. Would probably have to drill out the proprietary port and make it larger to fit it.

it did cross my mind at some point but i wanted this particular stick to retain its stock look. it's not too often you come across MAS sticks anymore and i wanted to show off the original design.

yeah that's cool, I actually really like the original MAS layouts as well. What I wanted to do with mine was recreate the MAS artwork and put it under some plexi for durability's sake as the vinyl does tend to wear.

Peltz

took a while, but i'm pretty much done with my MAS restore. just need to get a plexiglass bottom with some feet and i'll be completely done.

toodles multiconsole cthulhu, iL buttons + stick, RJ45 pass through.

obn8yVml.jpg

oUOZy7Jl.jpg

4WljrvKl.jpg

wanted to go after a stock look as much as possible (with some variations on the button colors). overall pretty happy with the end product.

at some point i may try and get a brooks PCB in there but i dont see that happening for a while.

v1ew6aol.jpg

it took a couple hours of shoving the saturn wires into the pins. which was probably the most frustrating thing about this whole project.

I remember seeing these online for years. I always wanted one as a kid, but by the time I was old enough to afford one they were gone.

I remember seeing these online for years. I always wanted one as a kid, but by the time I was old enough to afford one they were gone.

hard to imagine now, but they even used to be sold through Arcade Shock! They had a lot of cool configurations. You could get Neo Geo layouts or have them made with Japanese parts. I got mine directly from MAS when they were also being sold on eBay back in 2008 or so.

Murdamonk

Is there anyone in here that knows where i can find some Hori Hayabusa buttons (matte)?

Arcadeshock always has very limited stock and always OoS.

Tripon

Is there anyone in here that knows where i can find some Hori Hayabusa buttons (matte)?

Arcadeshock always has very limited stock and always OoS.

I had to go to tournaments in Socal to pick up Hayabusa buttons. West Coast Warzone is in Orange this weekend, so if you know a person going, you can ask them to pick some up.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
oh my god, I just got my chun stick. It's so beautiful. i've never seen one in person. Gonna customize the artwork and then post some pics!

Peltz

hard to imagine now, but they even used to be sold through Arcade Shock! They had a lot of cool configurations. You could get Neo Geo layouts or have them made with Japanese parts. I got mine directly from MAS when they were also being sold on eBay back in 2008 or so.

I remember. Was still too young even then though.

Laws00

Fuck man I hesitated saw a used HORI REAL ARCADE PRO.EX PREMIUM VLX aka the Xbox 360 one for $130.00 with the box.

I go look at it again today its $277.73............... FUCK MAN

360_rapex_vlx_02.jpg

Thalnos

Neo Member
Anyone know if the T7 hori sticks are gonna be using the newer hori pcb? And speaking of said pcb, are there any tests or data available for the newer hori pcbs? Since I remember the hrap4kai originals (i..e the ones without a pc switch) had some pretty noticeable lag

johnhandy

gunstarhero

I recently hooked up my PS4 to my Xtension cabinet outfitted with a new Pro Controller arcade stick. The controller seems to disconnect after about 10 seconds. Works completely fine with my X360 and PS3.

The website does say this stick is compatible with PS4.

Has anyone else had this issue? For reference, the stick I'm referring to is here: https://www.recroommasters.com/Xten...ol_Board_Xbox_360_PS3_PC_p/rm-xt-sd-board.htm

EDIT: Never mind - RecMasters got back to me right away with a patch.

SheHateMe

Question: I've seen posters state that MCz Fightsticks are a fool's errand, however I have the ability to get a used one (PS3 SFIV FightStick R2 TE) for about... let's say $20. (Yes, I'm being facetious for a reason.)

Two questions: One, would it work with the PS4? And two, is it easy to mod?

BONUS ROUND: Is it worth even the $20?

Skilletor

Question: I've seen posters state that MCz Fightsticks are a fool's errand, however I have the ability to get a used one (PS3 SFIV FightStick R2 TE) for about... let's say $20. (Yes, I'm being facetious for a reason.)

It's worth 20.

See if it works, if it does, you got a cheap stick. If not, you can get a brooks pcb for 80 or so and you got a great stick for 100 bucks.

notworksafe

also not all mcz sticks are booty tbh, just anything in the te2+ and tes+ line. the fs pro line is a kick in the dick if you are into modding but they work well and have no issues on that front.

anything in the first te line is fine (the pre-R2 ps3 sticks are not good for pc but otherwise it's a solid series of sticks)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

MadCatz sticks are totally fine

SheHateMe

w0ZUjQO.jpg

I got it.

And while I won't say how little I paid for it, I will say that even if it doesn't work, the base will be more than enough to build my own stick.

Excellent pickup overall.

EDIT: I should probably order a Octagonal restricter plate, huh?

StevieWhite

Hello all.... just thought I'd share something goofy I did. I decided to make a fightstick for my Saturn by using the shell from an Innovation Dreamcast Stick with the guts of a Saturn Eclipse Pad. I put in some colored buttons, and my wife commented that it looked like a McDonald's product... so I just leaned into it.

Fun little project!

gunstarhero

Hello all.... just thought I'd share something goofy I did. I decided to make a fightstick for my Saturn by using the shell from an Innovation Dreamcast Stick with the guts of a Saturn Eclipse Pad. I put in some colored buttons, and my wife commented that it looked like a McDonald's product... so I just leaned into it.

Fun little project!

I'm luvin' it

LowParry

I got the Omni, it's a really good stick, and heavy too since it's an all metal case.

Whew on that shipping price though. $50. I'll have to consider. I'm using a Real Arcade Pro. 4 Premium VLX at home, but it's such a bitch to carry around when I go over to friends house to play. Plus I've never owned a Korean style stick so...what to do. What to do.

noodalls

Anyone know if the T7 hori sticks are gonna be using the newer hori pcb? And speaking of said pcb, are there any tests or data available for the newer hori pcbs? Since I remember the hrap4kai originals (i..e the ones without a pc switch) had some pretty noticeable lag

https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/825863836385243136

Not the same board as the 2017 Hori, but response speed is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNHS0DNcLY5v27B52CwSM_w

This person has done a lot of testing, and has several tests for the the new Hori 2017.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Are there any smaller fight sticks for Xbox One? (similar to the HORI mini)

Now that MvC3 and SFIV are on the One the controller just isn't cutting it.

Does anyone know how the SOCD cleaner in the Brook Universal Fighting Board PCB works? That is, what output does left + right give (neutral, last button pressed, or something else?) and what output does down + up give (neutral, last button pressed, up, or something else)?

LowParry

Went ahead and purchased a Omni Arcade Stick -Korean Edition-. Extremely excited to use it. Probably not going to bother doing any sort of mods with it either.

Top Bottom