• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Edzi

I would, and it does not. You'd want instead the Xbox One Hitbox, which works out of the box perfectly for Windows (it gets recognized as a standard Xbox One controller and doesn't require any remapping).

Edit - This is one area where one of the custom sticks works out because you can order them with the Brooks UFB which is dope and works on everything.

Ah, that's annoying since I mostly play on PC and PS4 at home.

Are custom hitboxes sold anywhere prebuilt?

Wallach

Ah, that's annoying since I mostly play on PC and PS4 at home.

Are custom hitboxes sold anywhere prebuilt?

I should actually clarify that - it doesn't get recognized natively as an XInput device.

It is actually recognized by Windows as a DirectInput device (shows up as a "P4 Wired Gamepad" or something) with some sort of weird button assignments.

If the game you're playing works with DirectInput and you can easily reassign your buttons in game, you can use it fine. Like you'd have no issue playing Street Fighter V now after the DirectInput update.

Both Marvelous Customs and Jasen's Customs sell pre-built all-button layouts (the latter just since this morning after speaking with them about it). I'll actually have sticks from both places coming within the next couple weeks hopefully.

Edzi

I should actually clarify that - it doesn't get recognized natively as an XInput device.

It is actually recognized by Windows as a DirectInput device (shows up as a "P4 Wired Gamepad" or something) with some sort of weird button assignments.

If the game you're playing works with DirectInput and you can easily reassign your buttons in game, you can use it fine. Like you'd have no issue playing Street Fighter V now after the DirectInput update.

Both Marvelous Customs and Jasen's Customs sell pre-built all-button layouts (the latter just since this morning after speaking with them about it). I'll actually have sticks from both places coming within the next couple weeks hopefully.

Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.

Wallach

Thanks, I'll definitely check them out.

For what it's worth, if you've never used an all-button layout, I think it is kind of hard to recommend going with either a Marvelous Customs or a Jasen's Customs stick. Both are over $300 USD (Jasen's came out to a little over $400 for me with shipping) and will likely not be that trivial to resell if you find you don't take to the layout.

Not to make this my personal B/S/T thread, but given I have two more coming with PS4 compatibility, I'd be willing to sell off my PS4 / PC Hitbox at a fair price. The downside being that currently they still don't fucking have proper firmware for the PS4 4.55 system software; the installation of the one they posted on the 4th fails (at least on my end) and they said it was temporary until the day after that but it's now the 10th and its still not available. So it is going to run into the 8 minute lockout on PS4 until Hitbox gets the proper firmware out.

PM me if you want to discuss it further.

not sure where to buy, but be aware that the black vlx has kuro buttons instead of the newer hayabusas. most people seem to prefer hayabusas. also the paint around the wrist area can rub off which looks kinda bad.

Where is a good place to grab a vlx hayabusa?

Is it still recommend to go with the older black vlx?

I heard lots of folks over at shoryuken's tech forum say that the Kuro has a higher quality paint finish than the newer Hayabusa. Other than that the buttons as incredibly easy to swap out if you don't like the feel. If you are in the states then the best place to purchase is from arcade shock for the Hayabusa, not sure about the Kuro.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections...4-premium-vlx-controller-ps4-ps3-2016-edition

If you don't need the ps4 functionality then I recommend the below, not as flashy but still a fantastic stick and a whole heap cheaper.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections/hori/products/hori-real-arcade-pro-sa-special-addition-ps3-pc

Yes Boss!

I heard lots of folks over at shoryuken's tech forum say that the Kuro has a higher quality paint finish than the newer Hayabusa. Other than that the buttons as incredibly easy to swap out if you don't like the feel. If you are in the states then the best place to purchase is from arcade shock for the Hayabusa, not sure about the Kuro.

https://arcadeshock.com/collections...4-premium-vlx-controller-ps4-ps3-2016-edition

I have all four and the two latest definitely have a slightly cheaper paint job. They have more marks after less use then the first two. That said the red one is less prone to dirt and black shows it quicker. Also, the matte buttons on the red are better.

Diamond is still the best quality paint.

Hori store USA still sells the black:

http://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-4-premium-vlx-for-playstation-4/

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HAKX36/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So it looks like Hori pulled the Xbox One version of the RAP V Kai for a while and Amazon is now showing ~2 months for new inventory. Anybody know if there's any hardware changes going on like Hayabusa buttons?

Any news on those Nintendo Switch controllers and sticks that Hori was supposed to launch with Street Fighter?

I'm looking at getting into fighting games with injustice 2 and Tekken 7. As my first stick I'm looking at either getting a Hori RAP or waiting for the Hori Tekken 7 stick. What would you suggest?

Are there any other sticks I should consider?

I was interested in picking up that Hori Tekken 7 stick. It looks similar to the Hori Pro N3 SA so I was wondering how easy it is to replace the art work and buttons on it?

I really dig my TE2 but the broken latch is beyond annoying!

Yopis

I have all four and the two latest definitely have a slightly cheaper paint job. They have more marks after less use then the first two. That said the red one is less prone to dirt and black shows it quicker. Also, the matte buttons on the red are better.

Diamond is still the best quality paint.

Hori store USA still sells the black:

http://stores.horiusa.com/real-arcade-pro-4-premium-vlx-for-playstation-4/

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015HAKX36/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks for info.

Skilletor

I was interested in picking up that Hori Tekken 7 stick. It looks similar to the Hori Pro N3 SA so I was wondering how easy it is to replace the art work and buttons on it?

I really dig my TE2 but the broken latch is beyond annoying!

Not sure if the new ones will be the same, but I have the SC5 stick that looks like the same case and I had to buy plexi to place on top of the stick to put my own art in.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
So I used to have a USFIV TE stick a few years ago, it was my first ever and I moved it but after a bad breakup I sold it and pretty much abandonned fighting games. But now I'm feeling an urge to get back to it.

A guy sells a Soul Calibur V Soul Edition fightstick near me, 60€, apparently in pretty much perfect condition (almost never used it). Is that a good move ? Is this stick easy to mod if I say want to change the artwork (which I find hideous) or buttons ? I'm a complete noob in stick modding as I've never done it.

The shtick :

Mad-Catz-Soul-Calibur-V-FightStick.jpg

WeskerXXI

I'm also torn between an HRAPIV Kai (this one) or the new Tekken 7 one. I'm still rocking my original TE1 + TE Kitty board and need a second stick, since my girldfriend has started playing with me and also likes to play on stick.

I'm on a budget and the Tekken RAP is more expensive, but I'm kinda worried the normal HRAP will be unconfortable for me, being used to the wider TE1.

BTW, why isn't the Tekken RAP on Amazon? Free shipping with Prime would help.

I've checked out the Qanba Obsidian wich looks like a real nice stick. There's a problem though - it looks kind of impossible to get a hold of in europe. Anyone know of a place that ships internationally? Preferably in europe so I can avoid paying toll.

So I used to have a USFIV TE stick a few years ago, it was my first ever and I moved it but after a bad breakup I sold it and pretty much abandonned fighting games. But now I'm feeling an urge to get back to it.

A guy sells a Soul Calibur V Soul Edition fightstick near me, 60€, apparently in pretty much perfect condition (almost never used it). Is that a good move ? Is this stick easy to mod if I say want to change the artwork (which I find hideous) or buttons ? I'm a complete noob in stick modding as I've never done it.

The shtick :

Mad-Catz-Soul-Calibur-V-FightStick.jpg

Man I honestly miss that stick! Yeah it was fairly easy; just take off the top the change buttons and bought a plexi to add art.

davidmt

eyBJs3g.jpg

I think this was the nicest design of the MadCatz TE series. I recently decided to change out the button colors (as I wasn't a fan of the original layout) and put in a clear ball. I also put in a 8-way restrictor which suits me better, it is so nice to play on.

Redx508

eyBJs3g.jpg

I think this was the nicest design of the MadCatz TE series. I recently decided to change out the button colors (as I wasn't a fan of the original layout) and put in a clear ball. I also put in a 8-way restrictor which suits me better, it is so nice to play on.

it looks nice!!

WeskerXXI

Mmmm, the HRAP4 Kai got a price cut on Amazon.es (119€ down from 159), I think I'm going to go for it over the Tekken 7 RAP.

EDIT: ordered

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm I say got for it. What system would you be playing on?

The stick is the 360 version, but I would be playing on PC. I think it's a pretty good deal, especially if the stick is in excellent condition. I'll go try it tonight.

Uraizen

Banned

Do you know the types of parts Marvelous uses for the stickless/hitbox? Eleven Sanwa OSBF 24mm and one OSBF 30mm like the hitbox? Do they have a button for the touch pad if you decide to get the UFB? Their site didn't give too many details, sadly.

Wallach

Do you know the types of parts Marvelous uses for the stickless/hitbox? Eleven Sanwa OSBF 24mm and one OSBF 30mm like the hitbox? Do they have a button for the touch pad if you decide to get the UFB? Their site didn't give too many details, sadly.

Looking at the color selection I'm pretty certain they are indeed using Sanwa OSBFs. Not sure about the touchpad button but looking at the case layout I'm guessing it has one. If I ever actually get mine in I'll let you know, though I am hesitant to recommend them at the moment because they've been pretty hard to reach since putting in an order. I'm currently 13 days out on a response from an e-mail I sent to them.

Zackat

Yeah I've started noticing mine getting a little worn. Still have the matte, but my lp and lk buttons definitely looking worn down.

Uraizen

Banned
Looking at the color selection I'm pretty certain they are indeed using Sanwa OSBFs. Not sure about the touchpad button but looking at the case layout I'm guessing it has one. If I ever actually get mine in I'll let you know, though I am hesitant to recommend them at the moment because they've been pretty hard to reach since putting in an order. I'm currently 13 days out on a response from an e-mail I sent to them.

I heard you have to use facebook
(ugh)
to get quick responses from them. So I guess I'll ask them there on Monday and tell ya what they say.

Uraizen

Banned

They responded very quickly on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousCustom/status/866162798736228352

Sounds like it's exactly what I was looking for and more. Guess Twitter might be the best way?

I also saw you on SRK, you snatched up the panzer I had been contemplating. I was going to bite the bullet until I found Marvelous Customs.

Wallach

They responded very quickly on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousCustom/status/866162798736228352

Sounds like it's exactly what I was looking for and more. Guess Twitter might be the best way?

I also saw you on SRK, you snatched up the panzer I had been contemplating. I was going to bite the bullet until I found Marvelous Customs.

Yeah they responded to me on Facebook (rather briefly, though it was kind of a weird hour), they just don't really seem to have anyone on the boards for their sales e-mail. It was a pretty big difference compared to Jasen, which surprised me because that guy is literally on deployment right now and was rather actively responding to me (so much so he literally had the store page built just to accommodate my order sooner).

These can be small operations so I'm trying to not be too hard on anyone. Still, just based on service it would be an easy recommendation to go for a Panzer if the price difference isn't too much of a factor. I'm still going to keep both orders, and will compare the sticks themselves once I get my hands on both.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
So I got the SCV stick I talked about a few posts earlier. Works flawlessly, got to try it on a quick SFV match at the seller's before sealing the deal. Really happy with it, a solid deal (60€, like new, all sanwa).

Now, it's time to train again. A lot.

Danielsan

There is a guy near where I live selling his Xbox 360 Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Fightstick TE for € 50. Yay or nay? I own most of my fighting games on Playstation platforms, but I've hardly ever used an arcade stick and would like to get some practice in first before I dump a huge sum of cash into a useless object. I mostly plan to use it on the PC, but I also have an old 360 lying around.

I ended up ordering the Mad Catz TES+ for playing Tekken 7 with. Did I do an ok choice? It was marked down on amazon to 160€.
Which Amazon did you get it from? I've been looking all over and the lowest I've been able to find it at is € 223 on Amazon.de.

Just started having a button start to stick on my original Mad Catz TE. When this happens, do folks typically just swap the button out or should I be looking for some kind of fix?

Skilletor

Just started having a button start to stick on my original Mad Catz TE. When this happens, do folks typically just swap the button out or should I be looking for some kind of fix?

Take it apart and clean it.

Less effort to replace it, but that's only if you have spare buttons lying around.

Top Bottom