• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Onemic

I think its time to make some custom art for my Hori FE. If only I knew a good designer...I can do it myself since I have a basic understanding of photoshop, but my actual graphic design skills are ass.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Dammit I was looking forward to that Noir setup ._.

well, good news
3tmT3tr.gif

Laws00

well, good news
3tmT3tr.gif

My favorite stick but I was expecting/wanting a different mold by now.

I may get this but I really want a HORI Real Arcade Pro Hayabusa for Xbox One but i'm not paying the price(s) people want for these things since they don't sell them anymore

hori_scv_006.jpg

Hassun

Neo Member
I've been having some issues finding certain items and I wonder if anyone here can help me out.

I'm interested in getting my hands on an all-buttons Hitbox-style leverless input device and also a Korean-style arcade stick, a Myoungshin Fanta in particular.
Sadly I live in Europe at the moment and I have not been able to get my hands on either of these.

So far I've only found 2 options for acquiring an all-buttons arcade stick:
1. Importing a Hitbox from the US.
2. Building my own.

Importing a Hitbox would cost me around $300 which is frankly too steep for me. On the other hand I don't have the necessary tools or equipment to build my own either.

On the Korean stick front I've also only found 2 solutions so far:
1. Import one of Laugh's Etokki Omni sticks.
2. Only import the lever from the USA or Korea and try to mod it into another stick.

Importing an Etokki Omni would cost me between $250 and $300 which is, again, a whole lot of money.
Just importing the lever will also not be all that cheap and then I would still have to get another stick to try and mod it into myself or try to mod it into the Hori RAP 4 Kai I already own. Again I don't have the tools or knowhow for this so it would be quite difficult to do.
(For reference: A Razer Panthera costs €240 including shipping out there.)

So my questions are:
Am I missing something? Are there other ways to get my hands on these fighting game controllers? Maybe a European retailer who does sell these products that I am not aware of?
Any advice is more than welcome because at the moment the most feasible course of action I am looking at is importing an Etokki Omni and praying that I won't get shafted with import taxes.

I've been having some issues finding certain items and I wonder if anyone here can help me out.

I'm interested in getting my hands on an all-buttons Hitbox-style leverless input device and also a Korean-style arcade stick, a Myoungshin Fanta in particular.
Sadly I live in Europe at the moment and I have not been able to get my hands on either of these.

So far I've only found 2 options for acquiring an all-buttons arcade stick:
1. Importing a Hitbox from the US.
2. Building my own.

Importing a Hitbox would cost me around $300 which is frankly too steep for me. On the other hand I don't have the necessary tools or equipment to build my own either.

On the Korean stick front I've also only found 2 solutions so far:
1. Import one of Laugh's Etokki Omni sticks.
2. Only import the lever from the USA or Korea and try to mod it into another stick.

Importing an Etokki Omni would cost me between $250 and $300 which is, again, a whole lot of money.
Just importing the lever will also not be all that cheap and then I would still have to get another stick to try and mod it into myself or try to mod it into the Hori RAP 4 Kai I already own. Again I don't have the tools or knowhow for this so it would be quite difficult to do.

So my questions are:
Am I missing something? Are there other ways to get my hands on these fighting game controllers? Maybe a European retailer who does sell these products that I am not aware of?
Any advice is more than welcome because at the moment the most feasible course of action I am looking at is importing an Etokki Omni and praying that I won't get shafted with import taxes.

ArcadeForge (germany) sells hitboxes.
They used to sell ones made from modded TEs, but now they appear to be selling entirely costume made ones. They look rather nice:
http://arcadeforge.net/Arcade-Stick...Playstation-4-PS4-PS3-PC-or-xbox360::230.html

oneida

Ordered a Crown 309mj through makestick. been bat-curious ;D
octogates are still for weirdos though

Hassun

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;237837075 said:
Please share your impressions if you end up ordering one.
I'll have to contact them about the PCBs they are using.

I generally only need a PS4/PC one but the options are:

• PS4 +40 EUR
  • PS4, PS3, 360, Xone, PC +115 EUR (I assume this would be a Brook Universal?)
  • PS3 +25 EUR
  • 360 +35 EUR
  • PC +25 EUR

149 + 115 + shipping would make it almost as expensive as importing an actual Hitbox from the USA so that would be kind of bad.

I'll have to contact them about the PCBs they are using.

I generally only need a PS4/PC one but the options are:

• PS4 +40 EUR
  • PS4, PS3, 360, Xone, PC + 115 EUR (I assume this would be a Brook Universal?)
  • PS3 +25 EUR
  • 360 +35 EUR
  • PC +25 EUR

149 + 115 + shipping would make it almost as expensive as importing an actual Hitbox from the USA so that would be kind of bad.

If you only need PS4/PC, then the PS4 option for +40 EUR should suffice.
You'll have to use tools like x360ce for some games, but it should be no different than if you bought a regular PS4 controller or stick.

But please let me know what they say, if you contact them.

Orayn

I exchanged a few emails with Focus Attack today, sounds like they will probably be offering plexi and art prints for the new Tekken 7 sticks from Hori in case anyone was on the fence about them.

Also relevant if you want that stick body but don't like the Noir layout since they offer Vewlix layout for everything.

Danielsan

So I kind of caught the bug after picking up a used TE stick and want to get a new stick for my PS4. What would you guys recommend? Go for a Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai (with Hayabusa buttons) at € 150, pick up a TE S+ for € 200 or go the cheaper route and get a Venom or Mayflash F500 for around € 90 and mod it with sanwa parts (eventually)?

oneida

So I kind of caught the bug after picking up a used TE stick and want to get a new stick for my PS4. What would you guys recommend? Go for a Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai (with Hayabusa buttons) at € 150, pick up a TE S+ for € 200 or go the cheaper route and get a Venom or Mayflash F500 for around € 90 and mod it with sanwa parts (eventually)?
go for the T7 stick imo.

SCB3

Got this stick this week ready for injustice 2 and Tekken 7

9XsI3VRt.jpg

First stick I've had since the PSOne days with Tekken 3, loving it on I2 and SFV so far, people have been saying to upgrade the buttons and stick, but why? What is the purpose of it?

Danielsan

go for the T7 stick imo.
Haven't seen the Tekken 7 stick available or for pre-order anywhere. I live in Europe by the way.

Also. I found this little stick whilst cleaning out my attic. I bought it on ebay a long time ago but was never able to use it due to the stick being pretty much numb. Pitty as the stick's body is in pristine condition. Do you guys reckon that I can swap out the stick/gate?

vBgelUH.jpg

AjqWalb.jpg

oneida

Haven't seen the Tekken 7 stick available or for pre-order anywhere. I live in Europe by the way.

Also. I found this little stick whilst cleaning out my attic. I bought it on ebay a long time ago but was never able to use it due to the stick being pretty much numb. Pitty as the stick's body is in pristine condition. Do you guys reckon that I can swap out the stick/gate?

vBgelUH.jpg

AjqWalb.jpg

No way in hell could you mod this thing without far more work than it's worth. The button holes would need significant widening to put decent buttons in, to the degree that the holes would probably be too close together.

As for the joystick, the case doesn't look like it is tall enough to fit a JLF anyway.

Danielsan

No way in hell could you mod this thing without far more work than it's worth. The button holes would need significant widening to put decent buttons in, to the degree that the holes would probably be too close together.

As for the joystick, the case doesn't look like it is tall enough to fit a JLF anyway.
Bummer. Guess I should just bin it. Would have like to at least have it playable.

DiGiKerot

9XsI3VRt.jpg

First stick I've had since the PSOne days with Tekken 3, loving it on I2 and SFV so far, people have been saying to upgrade the buttons and stick, but why? What is the purpose of it?

Mostly that the buttons are rather mushy feeling compared to, say, the typical Sanwa or Hori button option, and arguably even more so than Seimitsu pushes. If you like how the buttons feel, then stick with them, but I personally swapped them out with a set of Seimitsus on one and a combination of Hayabusas and Sanwas on the other.

Similar story to the stick, I guess. I don't personally feel that the stock stick feels that bad, but I like mine rather stiffer than is stock on most stick parts, so ended up going for modded JLFs and Hayabusa's. It's all about personal taste at this point, though - again, as with the buttons, if you like how it feels and don't have a problem with it, there's no reason to switch from stock.

oneida

Bummer. Guess I should just bin it. Would have like to at least have it playable.

Modding legacy controllers is a lot of work and in some cases it's just not possible. I've had a PS2 project stick going for a while that involved sanding down the case and clipping huge chunks of plastic off the base of a JLF to mod it full sanwa. Then there's soldering work and the usual wiring and everything, and yeah, not worth the trouble. Kind of a fun distraction but there are easier and better alternatives left and right.

EmiPrime

9XsI3VRt.jpg

Those stock parts are good but modding it is so cheap and quick that you may as well. I kept the old parts post-mod however, they're too good to bin especially the stick.

oneida

IMO if it's your first stick and you're fine with how it feels then don't mod it. Save the cash. You're not at the point where the parts will matter yet.

SCB3

Thanks for the feedback, yea its the first stick I've bought so until I try another I may not ever swap buttons, I am however planning on a few local tournaments so may ask to try out and get a feel for other parts

nikos

Wondering how hard it would be to padhack a stick for the Nintendo Switch, be it from a Joy-Con, Pro Controller or one of the 8bitdo controllers that are now compatible with the Switch following a firmware update.

I have an extra Mad Catz Femme Fatale stick from back in the day that I wouldn't mind modding for the Switch.

WeskerXXI

I've only seen it for preorder in my country (Spain) in this shop

https://www.xtralife.es/playstation-4/fighting-stick-tekken-7-hori/23336

It looks like they ship to other european countries, but I can't see the expenses being worth it.

I got my new HRAP4 KAI two days ago from Amazon, but have still to try it. I would have liked the Tekken 7 one but I could not spend that much at the moment (got the Kai for 119€ delivered)

I'm in EU, so my options atm are:

- Razer Panthera 239,-
- TES+ 219,- Imported
- TE2+ 249,- Imported
- HRAP 4 KAI 149,-
- Pray that the Tekken7 stick comes out somewhat soonish but you can't preorder it anywhere

What would you suggest? Leaning towards the Panthera. Thanks!

Hassun

Neo Member
I'm in EU, so my options atm are:

- Razer Panthera 239,-
- TES+ 219,- Imported
- TE2+ 249,- Imported
- HRAP 4 KAI 149,-
- Pray that the Tekken7 stick comes out somewhat soonish but you can't preorder it anywhere

What would you suggest? Leaning towards the Panthera. Thanks!
Depends purely on your budget and personal perference really.

If you want the cheap-but-good option go with the HRAP. Do note that the buttons are not to everyone's taste.

The other sticks all have a Sanwa lever and Sanwa buttons. In which case I would go with the Panthera. Razer offers free shipping to a selection of countries in Europe and of course MCZ is a dead company.

Has anyone modded a Brook Universal PCB into a Razer Atrox? I've got an Atrox for 360 sitting around, and while it works well with PC games (thanks to it's x-input drivers), it doesn't work with PS4 (where I'm playing Injustice 2, as well as MvC3) or XBONE (where I'd prefer to play Killer Instinct).

I know where to buy the PCB on Focus Attack, and I'd probably be smart enough to order the version with the headers - but I'm curious if anyone has advice about attaching the PCB to the Atrox case. Also, how do you recommend I get USB out from the PCB?

Depends purely on your budget and personal perference really.

If you want the cheap-but-good option go with the HRAP. Do note that the buttons are not to everyone's taste.

The other sticks all have a Sanwa lever and Sanwa buttons. In which case I would go with the Panthera. Razer offers free shipping to a selection of countries in Europe and of course MCZ is a dead company.
Not a big fan of the 4 KAI feel/shape. Mostly wondering how people in this thread feel about the Panthera.

The Tekken7 Hori looks sweet but it looks like it'll be a while until it releases here.

notworksafe

Has anyone modded a Brook Universal PCB into a Razer Atrox? I've got an Atrox for 360 sitting around, and while it works well with PC games (thanks to it's x-input drivers), it doesn't work with PS4 (where I'm playing Injustice 2, as well as MvC3) or XBONE (where I'd prefer to play Killer Instinct).

I know where to buy the PCB on Focus Attack, and I'd probably be smart enough to order the version with the headers - but I'm curious if anyone has advice about attaching the PCB to the Atrox case. Also, how do you recommend I get USB out from the PCB?

I used small pcb board mounts on the four corners to attach the board to the bottom of the case, but you could also use thin zip ties or even just screws if you wanted.

USB out is easy and there's two main options: feed a small USB B->A cable through a Neutrik NAUSB-W passthrough and mount that to the case (after removing the passthrough that is already there) OR just solder the usb connection that is already on the stick to the Brook board.

Not my guide but this should help you: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10739478/#Comment_10739478

Danielsan

Ordered the HRAP4 last night and it just arrived. Played around with it a little bit and I love the way the stick feels. The buttons are fine as well. However, unlucky as I am. The cable cover has some slight damage. My girlfriend thinks I'm nitpicking, but it's just too noticeable to me. I feel that at € 149 it should at least arrive undamaged. Decided to order a new one and I'll send this one back as soon as the new one arrives.

v8jbkoG.jpg

Also, so far the only issue I have with the stick is the shoddy cable cover quality. It's really loose and shoddy whereas the rest of the stick feels really solid.

Ordered the HRAP4 last night and it just arrived. Played around with it a little bit and I love the way the stick feels. The buttons are fine as well. However, unlucky as I am. The cable cover has some slight damage. My girlfriend thinks I'm nitpicking, but it's just too noticeable to me. I feel that at € 149 it should at least arrive undamaged. Decided to order a new one and I'll send this one back as soon as the new one arrives.

v8jbkoG.jpg

Also, so far the only issue I have with the stick is the shoddy cable cover quality. It's really loose and shoddy whereas the rest of the stick feels really solid.
The sooner you accept that your cable cover will fall apart, the happier you'll be. I understand you, but knowing the HRAP 4 KAI, your girlfriend was right on this one.

oneida

Ordered a second 309mj from FocusAttack when I noticed they had it in stock & are having a store-wide(almost) sale...
And some buttons and a spring

Then realized, after completing my order, that I have $20 worth of store coupons

orz

Wallach

The cable door on Hori sticks are pretty garbage. There is probably an entire episode of Unsolved Mysteries about these things, don't expect to actually know where that cable door is a year from now.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;237792183 said:

Damn I love that clean, simple matte black finish on that thing. Wish my shtick had the same, I absolutely hate 99% of all sticks designs and the artwork they always put on those.

Hassun

Neo Member
How much work would the Razer Panthera need to be adapted to Korean levers? I'm trying to figure out if it's cheaper to try and get one of those modded than it is to import an Etokki Omni.
Although modders are exceedingly hard to find in Europe.

LowParry

Alright so I'm getting around to start using my new etokki korean edition stick. Checked it out on PC and works fantastic. Try using it on PS4? Not working at all. SFV was my test. Any idea's? I've seen JDCR use this for Tekken 7 with no issue.

When trying to update the firmware (which their site suggests) it comes back with this error:

H1ZSfi4.png

deim0s

Alright so I'm getting around to start using my new etokki korean edition stick. Checked it out on PC and works fantastic. Try using it on PS4? Not working at all. SFV was my test. Any idea's? I've seen JDCR use this for Tekken 7 with no issue.

When trying to update the firmware (which their site suggests) it comes back with this error:

H1ZSfi4.png

Most likely the firmware youve downloaded is corrupt or wrong. Try downloading it again.

LowParry

Most likely the firmware youve downloaded is corrupt or wrong. Try downloading it again.

I've tried multiple downloads and it will not work. Looking at other versions to see if they match anything close to that error.

Edit: I think I found. Testing now.

Edit 2: Looking good so far. Not sure where this no 8 minute time out is but no disconnects so far or time outs.

Danielsan

Got my replacement HRAP4 stick in on Saturday. This one thankfully in good condition. I've put in a couple of hours of Tekken 6 on the stick so far and I really like the hayabusa stick. I do think I will replace the buttons with Sanwas at some point. Based on my TE stick the sanwas feel snappier to me. For now the hayabusa buttons will do though.

Hassun

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;237842454 said:
If you only need PS4/PC, then the PS4 option for +40 EUR should suffice.
You'll have to use tools like x360ce for some games, but it should be no different than if you bought a regular PS4 controller or stick.

But please let me know what they say, if you contact them.

Arcadeforge got back to me today and this was the reply:
- Xbox One / Xbox 360 / PS4 / PS3 / PC / Wii U via Brooks Ultimate Fighting Board

- Sony Playstation 4 via Brooks Fighting Board with SOCD

- Sony Playstation 3 via Dual Strike with SOCD

- PC Game Controller HID or Keyboard HID

- Xbox360

- Without Controller PCB for your own encoder pcb

derFeef

Hey guys!
I have a TE2 Xbox One fight stick (KI) and a TE Xbox 360 (SFIV) fight stick.
If I buy two Brooks Xbox 360 / Xbox ONE to PS4 Super-Converter I should be fine on PS4 right? Or is there any drawback compared to the single converters?

Or should I get the Cronusmax?

Top Bottom