• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

For 400PP though ? Not absolutely sure it's worth it.
I almost didn't used MB at all, the only time I remember using it was to get the trophy for it lol

Oh wow the proportions did change! It's still SD, but it's definitely different. They're probably changing the units who kept their proportions from the PS2 games.
Yep, given that the new sprites for 2ndOG are less SD (mostly the head i would say) it looked kinda odd when the units were side by side.

Teknoman

Sounds good.

It'll be great to be able to play this with English subs.

Extremely hyped for it. If they just kept doing those types of releases, resulting in me importing...i'd have no problems.

Would be nice if lots of people importing convinced them to do an actual NA/EU release, but i'll take what I can get.

I haven't seen it discussed but there's a 25th anniversary event three days from now. I assume we'll get new info on known games at the very least.

I haven't seen it discussed but there's a 25th anniversary event three days from now. I assume we'll get new info on known games at the very least.

Probably new info on MD and other games/merchandise or even an anime? Though I think it will be mostly OG to boost up interest on the latest game... maybe Mugen no Frontier 3, given that Nana Mizuki is one of the guests.

Probably new info on MD and other games/merchandise or even an anime? Though I think it will be mostly OG to boost up interest on the latest game... maybe Mugen no Frontier 3, given that Nana Mizuki is one of the guests.

Don't tease me like this! I'm desperate for more Haken & Co. after they were absent from PxZ2.

Don't tease me like this! I'm desperate for more Haken & Co. after they were absent from PxZ2.

Yeah, me too! I wonder why they were left out of PxZ2...
I really want another MnF game, my nick is in honor to one of KOS-MOS's themes lol

Just 3 more days and we'll know!

Teknoman

I still cant believe we're finally getting another officially english translated SRW. Even if its just releasing in Asia region.

Zerojul

Sorry to bother you with this guys but does anyone here know where I can find a good digest/summary/recap/whatever of the OG's/OGG/2ndOG story because I played those a feaking long time ago and I can't remember much, plus I never went far past the LaGias section in 2ndOG.
And I'd like to get back in the series with MD without feeling completely lost.
English or Japanese is fine. Thanks !

squall23

http://live.b-ch.com/srw25th

For those don't want to be kicked out of nico due to premium.

Show starts in 10 minutes.

EDIT: Miyazaki of Souls fame sends his regards

bv4CRAl.jpg

Haken! I would assume that's why he wasn't on PXZ2, I wonder if he's the only one showing up of the gang.

Yuuki piloting the Exexbein... nice (a bit weird though since I thought that only Ing could pilot it)

Now that Haken appeared on the trailer... maybe that SRT V thing is real.

Bebpo

Banned
To a degree it feels like both of these 25th anniversary titles, MD and V are kind of smaller side projects to hold fans over and make SRW money until the next big titles in both OG (3rd OGs) and Licensed (IBO/Delta).

Doesn't mean they won't be good, excited about MD. But it's just that with the cast it has it still feels like a Gaiden game to me, and V's cast is just...weird. Especially with all the re-use of tons of series and sprites from Z3.

To a degree it feels like both of these 25th anniversary titles, MD and V are kind of smaller side projects to hold fans over and make SRW money until the next big titles in both OG (3rd OGs) and Licensed (IBO/Delta).

Doesn't mean they won't be good, excited about MD. But it's just that with the cast it has it still feels like a Gaiden game to me, and V's cast is just...weird. Especially with all the re-use of tons of series and sprites from Z3.

I'm more excited for MD (I'm an OG fan after all)
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, V has a weird cast IMO (at least Crossbone is in it) but all those Z3 reused animations, would have expected more...

I'm more excited for MD (I'm an OG fan after all)
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, V has a weird cast IMO (at least Crossbone is in it) but all those Z3 reused animations, would have expected more...

Yeah. I was excited for V but those reused animations were a big turn off for me. I'll just grab MD.

Bebpo

Banned
Thinking more about it. I can totally see this being the SRW schedule:

2016 April-June timeframe: OG Moon Dwellers
2017 April-June: SRW V
2018 April-June: 3rd OGs
2019 April-June: All new licensed big budget SRW, all new sprites, start of new trilogy

That way they can have one big console SRW a year + the handheld ones every year or two (3d team went to XO -> next portable 3d one?; while UX/BX team -> next portable 2d one?) and the mobile ones.

From a business sense about keeping SRW relevant and making money that would all be pretty sensible to me and timeframe-wise I think it'd give enough time for developments. Like I have feeling they don't have the entire core of the big budget licensed team working on V, I could see part of the team doing that while the other part is spending these years on the next big all new sprite one.

If that's the case, while it's a bit of suck waiting until maybe 2019 for a hot shit new entry licensed SRW. If they want the starring Gundam series to be Iron-Blood Orphans, 2018/2019 makes sense and it'd be pretty satisfying to have that + a host of other new stuff like Valvrave/Aldnoah/Mac Delta.

Bebpo

Banned
We're never NOT gonna see Seed/Destiny, 00, and Z are we?

Seed/Destiny will be gone by the next one. I wouldn't be surprised if 00 was gone too and probably Zeta. Since this is a re-use, they might as well keep the popular ones where the sprites are already done. When it's time to actually make all new sprites, those series are finally getting kicked.

The only series that will probably still be in the next licensed 2d SRW will be Gundam Unicorn. That's got at least another title in it before they axe it for a while. They'll do the Re: 0096 or Manga version or something to keep it in.

But yeah, if the next one has Iron-Blood Orphans, Origin and Thunderbolt and maybe Unicorn, I would expect that would be all the Gundam new entries for one game unless they put G-Reco in. G-Reco not being in V and not being popular makes me a little concerned they're going to treat it like AGE and stick G-Reco in the next handheld SRW :(

Also if it makes you happy, you can hope that SEED and 00 and Zeta will be units only and not have any plot in V. There's way too many series to do all those plots. They usually do about 7-8 plots per game and there's like 7 new series. Although I guess 00's plot is like a 2 map thing and all the sprites are already there, so they'll probably throw the ELS in again yawnnn

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the plot thing is bothering me, since I thought they are done by the time around the end of Z1 for S/D and Z, and Z3 for 00?

Oh well, I'm glad Macross F and Dancouga Nova are gone.

Blue-kun

A shame about the reused animations but to be fair I'm just very very giddy I get to have both Ange and Kira in the same game.

I'm obviously just gonna have Villkiss and Strike Freedom wrecking chaos in the battlefield next to each other and god does that make me happy, lol. Can't wait for this game to come out solely for that!

Also, I didn't watch the actual event, but I guess no news about a The Best version for Tengoku-hen? I was holding out thinking they might announce one in this event so I'd be able to get it a bit cheaper, but I suppose not. Should just go and buy it already, 'suppose.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
V's purpose for existence is that SRW is finally able to have a Yuusha that isn't GGG. It's actually a pretty big deal.

Also the BEST Yuusha, dammit. Need to rush through the damn game to get to Great Might Gaine. :p

In reference to the overall plot of SRW V, we have some things going on which would both make the game plot hard to follow, but could go a long way to explaining how all these series are connecting.

1. We've got time skips (EVA, 00)
2. We've got alternate dimensions/time loops (Shin Mazinger/Shin Mazinger Zero)
3. We've got meta (Might Gaine)

We're going to need a bloody chart to figure out the plot, honestly. :p

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
It's third on my list. J-Decker's first and GGG's second.

BLASPHEMY. FIGHT ME.

If and when they put J-Decker in SRW, it has to be in a game where Turn A is in there, for the inevitable uncomfortable cross-dressing crossover scene.

cntr

Banned
incidentally I don't think this is supposed to be a fifth mainline game, the trailer gives "Voyage" in English after the logo shows up

Maybe a space exploration theme? The Yamato is available.

Top Bottom