• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars Community Thread

Man, the Japanese version is slated for release before my summer vacation, but there has been no word on the Asian English version. So it likely won't be on time...

While I could play both, it's not the kind of financial habit I want to get into lol.

Bebpo

Banned
New trailer still gives me iffy vibes about what kind of game this is. Bunch of generic grunt looking boss enemies + couple of OG units we've seen already + Ryouto and Compat Kaiser. Just seems very...limited in cast.

I mean we have the box art and we know a lot of the mainstays like SRX and Zanger, Kyosuke, and even 2nd OGs newbies like the SRW D guy are in, aka there's enough mainstays that it looks like this is a sequel to 2nd OGs. But if you hadn't seen the promo art pictures with all those guys the trailers totally make it look like an expansion pack Gaiden.

SRW trailers spoil the shit out of their games. It's so bad that I generally try not to even watch them after the first trailer since like 75% of the units and animations are spoiled. But we're on the second trailer and this is all they've got? Either there's gonna be a 3rd PV that's impressive and total spoilage, or they don't have much. Not sure what to think, but I'll play it either way. Just hope it's a solid entry since 2nd OGs was pretty great outside the intro.

Reishiki

Banned
New trailer still gives me iffy vibes about what kind of game this is. Bunch of generic grunt looking boss enemies + couple of OG units we've seen already + Ryouto and Compat Kaiser. Just seems very...limited in cast.

I mean we have the box art and we know a lot of the mainstays like SRX and Zanger, Kyosuke, and even 2nd OGs newbies like the SRW D guy are in, aka there's enough mainstays that it looks like this is a sequel to 2nd OGs. But if you hadn't seen the promo art pictures with all those guys the trailers totally make it look like an expansion pack Gaiden.

SRW trailers spoil the shit out of their games. It's so bad that I generally try not to even watch them after the first trailer since like 75% of the units and animations are spoiled. But we're on the second trailer and this is all they've got? Either there's gonna be a 3rd PV that's impressive and total spoilage, or they don't have much. Not sure what to think, but I'll play it either way. Just hope it's a solid entry since 2nd OGs was pretty great outside the intro.

This trailer is marked as the first (第1弾PV). The first one released was probably more of an announcement/teaser thing, especially considering it was fronted by The Inspector footage. A second trailer (第2弾PV) should be forthcoming, and will probably be the big meaty one.

Compare these:

BX 第1弾PV

BX 第2弾PV

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like there's be a 25th anniversary event for the series on June 4th: http://www.suparobo.jp/topics/2016/25th.html

I can't help but wonder about possible announcements...

Consideirng how they said that there's suppose to be a lot of SRW projects going on this year, and that event is already halfway into the year, there better be a crap load of announcements.

They havent come out and said all those projects are actual games though, so maybe there's an anime in there, maybe some remastered SRW games, maybe a boxed set collection of remastered games.

I would think that being the 25th anniversary, they would start a new main line SRW game. Its obvious though, isnt it? Since Z is over.

Tsukumo

Consideirng how they said that there's suppose to be a lot of SRW projects going on this year, and that event is already halfway into the year, there better be a crap load of announcements.

They havent come out and said all those projects are actual games though, so maybe there's an anime in there, maybe some remastered SRW games, maybe a boxed set collection of remastered games.

I would think that being the 25th anniversary, they would start a new main line SRW game. Its obvious though, isnt it? Since Z is over.

This.
Though here I am hoping for Alpha 2,3 ps3 versions, Generations and Generations Gaiden ps3 versions, and finally a The Best edition for Tengoku.
An R or W remakes would also be VERY welcome.

Blue-kun

The Best for Tengoku would be very, very appealing. I finished Z3.1 the other day and I'm dying to start Z3.2. But got some unexpected stuff to pay for and running short on money for now, so a discount would definitely help! haha.

Here's hoping it happens. But to be fair, what I'd really go crazy about is a new main series announcement. Would love seeing SRW fix some of the recent robot shows where I dig the mechas but feel like the plot could get a little make-up, lol. Cross Ange, Valvrave, Majestic Prince... here's hoping some of them make it into the next game.

Oh and please save Star Driver from mobage.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

Teknoman

The only thing I dont like about the SRW OG series is the habit of introducing female pilots that look like they are wearing maid outfits or non-combat formal wear while piloting mecha.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I dont like about the SRW OG series is the habit of introducing female pilots that look like they are wearing maid outfits or non-combat formal wear while piloting mecha.

It's not like OG isn't alone (nor the first) with having maid outfits and non-combat formal wear.

Tsukumo

did anybody watch the nico nico stream? I was at work.

edit: only info I got from 2chan was tomorrow the new famitsu issue will have an article for Moon Dwellers, illustrating two "new" systems (one is the interchangeable weapons already present in previous games).

did anybody watch the nico nico stream? I was at work.

edit: only info I got from 2chan was tomorrow the new famitsu issue will have an article for Moon Dwellers, illustrating two "new" systems (one is the interchangeable weapons already present in previous games).
FWIW, here's the article in question : http://www.famitsu.com/news/201604/21104145.html

The twin battle system screenshot shows a lot of returning characters. The only notable omissions from that shot are Masoukishin units, but I guess the writing was on the wall for them.

What's the problem with them ? Licensing issues with Winky Soft I guess ?
Sorry if I made it sound that way, I just meant that their story is pretty much done, and MK3 and "4" sold terribly. Which is why I already assumed we wouldn't be seeing these characters anymore.

Then again, if redshirts like Leona and Tusk can be in the game, they could have thrown us a couple of Masoukishin characters for the sake of it.

Zerojul

Sorry if I made it sound that way, I just meant that their story is pretty much done, and MK3 and "4" sold terribly. Which is why I already assumed we wouldn't be seeing these characters anymore.

Then again, if redshirts like Leona and Tusk can be in the game, they could have thrown us a couple of Masoukishin characters for the sake of it.
Thanks for the clarification.
I mean, even Russel is in it so why not, yeah.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...game-developer-winkysoft-files-for-bankruptcy

Well they filled for bankruptcy, so for now they are probably in limbo. Just have to wait and see where all of their rights and assets end up.
Thanks for the link.

Hi everyone, new around here!

I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid, specially of the OG series (the first game i played was 4 and then LoE). I hope to see the masoukishin guys again in OG at least the other 3 heralds.

Just preordered the special edition of MD yesterday, less than 2 months now.

Regards!

Hi everyone, new around here!

I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid, specially of the OG series (the first game i played was 4 and then LoE). I hope to see the masoukishin guys again in OG at least the other 3 heralds.

Just preordered the special edition of MD yesterday, less than 2 months now.

Regards!

Welcome.

This thread isn't too active but it will probably pick up around when Moon Dwellers releases.

Sad news :(
I knew Mizutani the most for the role of Excellen, I remember when I used to play Impact some years ago and found her voice to be somewhat catchy... R.I.P.

Top Bottom