• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars L, Nintendo DS announced.

Bebpo

Banned
Guess nobody is getting banned since it's not OG3

But this is worse than being banned:

Super Robot Wars L for NDS, the most offensive sprite-rip SRW yet!

Series included:
SEED (W)
SEED D (K)
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz (W)
Combattler V
Voltes V
Mazinkaiser OAV1/2 (W)
Godanner S1/2 (K)
Gaiking 2000 (K)
Jeeg 2000 (K)

new series for SRW:
Mac F (blah)
Dancougar Nova
Iczer 1 & 3
Steel Linebarrels (lol)
Eva Rebuild

Hope we get good music out of the deal.

And I can't wait to see how they reemphasize that Luna is a terrible shot this time.

Zengar

Seems like it's fake. I'll wait for a clearer scan. If it's real then Day Never. The series list is disappointing.

TreIII

Even though I have my bias, I'm not believing anything just yet. SRW hoaxes love to crop up at times like this especially, and well...I'd like to think that they wouldn't put out something quite like THIS. :lol

TreIII

Pureauthor said:
If this is a hoax, who on earth would go through the trouble creating such a disappointing hoax? What would be the point?

Because trying to set people up with an impossibly good roster is SO LAST GENERATION. Bona fide "kuso-ge" is the new way! :lol

duckroll

TreIII said:
Even though I have my bias, I'm not believing anything just yet. SRW hoaxes love to crop up at times like this especially, and well...I'd like to think that they wouldn't put out something quite like THIS. :lol

I don't think it's a hoax. In fact, these aren't even Famitsu scans. Look at them carefully. They're marketing materials which look exactly like what they generally look like, but with original design and layout which would be a bit too much effort for most fake attempts.

Also, Linebarrels is one of the new series, and there was some teasing from the Linebarrels manga or whatever recently that they were involved in a new major "project" to be announced soon.

duckroll

Pureauthor said:
Because it's not Z2 or OG3.

That, and they're reusing lots of stuff.

So what happens when they announce Z2 and OG3 on whatever platform, and they reuse tons of stuff from Z and OGs? :lol

TreIII

duckroll said:
I don't think it's a hoax. In fact, these aren't even Famitsu scans. Look at them carefully. They're marketing materials which look exactly like what they generally look like, but with original design and layout which would be a bit too much effort for most fake attempts.

Also, Linebarrels is one of the new series, and there was some teasing from the Linebarrels manga or whatever recently that they were involved in a new major "project" to be announced soon.

I guess the thing that off-sets me, among other things is....Eva Rebuild. I don't care about it that much, beyond the fact that it's not even finished yet. So, what's it doing here? Meaningless filler? What's up wit dat? :lol

duckroll said:
So what happens when they announce Z2 and OG3 on whatever platform, and they reuse tons of stuff from Z and OGs? :lol

Well we kinda expect direct sequels to reuse things, so... um, cheer?

(I want Calvina Coulange back. :()

I seriously have no idea what we're talking about.. guess it's like a gundam game?

It's a fanservice sRPG series that uses lots of Giant Mecha anime for the units and the plotlines.

ugh i am praying to every deity in existence for this to be fake. i would have preferred yucky OG3 to another DS game. especially after the mess that was K.

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:

Re-use is ok when the sprites are nice in the first place and make up FEWER than 50% of the sprites in the game :p

It also helps when re-use games feature AWESOME NEW SERIES to counterbalance.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That is an incredibly boring lineup. *snore*

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
OP, Icusa is actually Iczer.

Bit confused about the Iczer inclusion. Iczer are basically powersuits. I guess size wise, it could work, because they had Tekkaman Blade before, but it's still a bit odd that they would include Iczer.

TreIII

Acosta said:
Fuck that, where is my "HD" OG3?

More than likely? We won't be seeing that until TGS. Terada DID say that the PS3 SRW unveil wouldn't happen until then. And going by that, we still likely won't see the game released until next year.

So, however you choose to look at it....this game right here actually does sound like it's real.

king zell

Goldorak125.JPG

why didn't Japan like Grendizer?

So this one and Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity to be announced in Famitsu this week? PSP2 Infinity has been leaked from the original PSP2 budget re-release that advertises the possibility to transfer to stuff to PSP2 Infinity.

Kind of uninteresting week for me :/

Top Bottom