• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Community Thread |OT| Next Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Richie

She'd probably use an X. We already know they don't mind switching logos around even if people are in the same universe.

Suppose you mean DK, Wario and Yoshi? The former two justify their own symbol perfectly, headlining series that have nothing to do with Mario. I'll concede Yoshi not being anywhere near as successful as attaining independence, though. He does have games on his own without Baby Mario (Story, Wooly World, Topsy-Turvy) but in all of those you see Bowser or Kamek kickstarting the plot. Hell, one of his stages is from Super Mario World.

This argument does hold irrefutable water when looking at the stages, though. Wuhu Island is featured in both the Pilotwings stage and the Sport Resort one and it's obvious it's the exact same place but those stages have different icons.

Do you by any chance have the whole list for the characters, I wonder how far down the list Shulk and Bowser Jr are, considering that they were some of the last few characters added?

http://www.smashcustommusic.com/

All you have to do is find a game and click on a track from it and there should be a drop down menu that says "Download or add to template for". Scroll down and select "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" and it should give you a list of all the music tracks in the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having got Runbow thanks to the recent Humble Bundle I was reminded of the Shovel Knight fake that suggested Runbow as a stage.

Funny thing is, a stage based on that game's main mechanic (disappearing platforms based on the background's colour) would make for an interesting gimmick.

TrueBlue

Why is Elma such an unpopular choice on NeoGAF? She's a highly requested character on Smashboards and is even among the top 10 (or 20?) most requested in one of the threads.

And how can you NOT want this one too? Seriously, don't look if you haven't beat Xenoblade Chronicles X.

[Redacted gif image due to spoiler tags not working on mobile devices]

Xenoblade X is a little divisive here. As time passes I think we'll see more interest in a second Xenoblade rep, and Elma will fit the bell.

She'd have a good moveset as well - she could even use guns now that Bayonetta has established precedent.

Plus, I want Caitlin Glass in Smash <3

http://www.smashcustommusic.com/

All you have to do is find a game and click on a track from it and there should be a drop down menu that says "Download or add to template for". Scroll down and select "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" and it should give you a list of all the music tracks in the game.

Greninja's at the bottom of non-third parties, guess because he was originally a placeholder for a new Pokemon fighter. Though seeing Shulk and Bowser Jr at the bottom doesn't surprise me now.

Menitta

I'll never be able to tell if people wanting Goku in Smash is a joke or not. It's the dumbest thing in the world yet people are so hellbent on it.

Neoxon

Xenoblade X is a little divisive here. As time passes I think we'll see more interest in a second Xenoblade rep, and Elma will fit the bell.

She'd have a good moveset as well - she could even use guns now that Bayonetta has established precedent.

You know what's better than just Caitlin Glass? Caitlin Glass with a British accent.
sfv_character_art_-_cammy.jpg
I'm not in any way suggesting that Cammy should be playable in Smash. Even if we did get a 2nd rep, it should be either Chun-Li, M. Bison, Akuma, or Alex.

Menitta

You know what's better than just Caitlin Glass? Caitlin Glass with a British accent.

I'm not in any way suggesting that Cammy should be playable in Smash. Even if we did get a 2nd rep, it should be either Chun-Li, M. Bison, Akuma, or Alex.

I don't know why I'm picturing Cammy as a Sonic clone.

ffdgh

In a just world we'd get morrigan as the second THIRD capcom rep.

I don't know why I'm picturing Cammy as a Sonic clone.

ZSS fits her more.

PK Gaming

Why is Elma such an unpopular choice on NeoGAF? She's a highly requested character on Smashboards and is even among the top 10 (or 20?) most requested in one of the threads.

And how can you NOT want this one too? Seriously, don't look if you haven't beat Xenoblade Chronicles X.

[Redacted gif image due to spoiler tags not working on mobile devices]

If you haven't played Xenoblade X, her design just makes you go "UGH" immediately.

(or at least that was my initial impression).

But i'm definitely very fond of her after playing Xenoblade X. I think she'd make for a fine character, but people are too obsessed with notoriety and other shit like that.

Also, for some reason people don't want any more human characters? Madness I say.

If capcom get's another rep I hope it's someone from Ace Attorney or Resident Evil.

Phoenix Wright assist trophy, will shout out Objections and Hold Its that hurt people like Brain Age, and often will move around and pick up random items out of nowhere and throw it like MvC3.

Clefargle

Elma would be straight up incredible in smash, just PLEASE don't play the voice clip for "SLIDING SLINGER" every fucking time she uses side-b. Please God sakurai. Slinger Sisters will be the new Backslash Boyz.

Menitta

Fair enough. But again, if we did get a 2nd Street Fighter, it'd likely be between...
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Akuma
  • Alex

Chun Li would probably be most likely. Granted, Akuma could just be a Ryu clone but with a divekick.

I was really bummed that for Ryu, they didn't do what they did with Bowser Jr. and have alt colors be the shotos. I understand why they didn't, but not even Ken?

Clov

Smash NX we'll give us at least Wolf, Ice Climbers, and newcomer Inkling.

I think the absolute minimum we'll see are HD versions of the 3DS stages. Though it would not surprise me if we got a few new characters, and those would be the most obvious choices.

TrueBlue

Fair enough. But again, if we did get a 2nd Street Fighter, it'd likely be between...
  • Chun-Li
  • M. Bison
  • Akuma
  • Alex

Whenever Ryu goes into crossover territory, Chun-Li is almost always right behind. I'd vote for her over the others - First Lady of Fighting Games and all that jazz.

Akuma and Ken can be Ryu skins, while Bison an Assist Trophy or something.

Also, as a Brit myself, hearing Caitlin Glass attempt the accent doesn't inspire the same reaction in me. :p

Zebei

Phoenix Wright is definitely my choice for another CAPCOM rep.

I don't think they are getting another character anytime soon though.

Elma was so flat of a character for most of the game I really can't have any interest in her.

I wish someone got Smash booting on the 3DS emulator. I want to see what some of the stages look like up-rezed.

I have a feeling most probably look better than I originally assumed they would, although some elements, like Magicant's houses (that are just a couple of polygons with a sprite on them) would look kind of bad.

Neoxon

Chun Li would probably be most likely. Granted, Akuma could just be a Ryu clone but with a divekick.

I was really bummed that for Ryu, they didn't do what they did with Bowser Jr. and have alt colors be the shotos. I understand why they didn't, but not even Ken?
If they went that route with Ken, then imagine the alt Shotos....
  • Ken
  • Akuma
  • Sakura
  • Sean
  • Evil Ryu
  • Oni
  • Gouken

Simon Belmont would be my pick for a third Capcom rep.
That's Konami

J@hranimo

Banned
Wow, another SmashGAF upcoming game discussion thread eh? :p

WELL for Smash NX I want either Smash Tour gone completely or stay with an online version of Smash Run in HD. That'll get me super hype to be honest.

Also they will probably add at least one new character. Like, what's the main thing that sells people on Smash? The fan service with the fighters.

Are we talking about the NX port in here or the full-on next game?

The NX port, but most people are speculating that it'll have new content because it'd be dumb if it didn't.

Elma was so flat of a character for most of the game I really can't have any interest in her.

I want a full-on Nintendo VS Capcom so we can have Captain Falcon, Wonder Red, and Viewtiful Joe in the same game.

TrueBlue

Elma would be straight up incredible in smash, just PLEASE don't play the voice clip for "SLIDING SLINGER" every fucking time she uses side-b. Please God sakurai. Slinger Sisters will be the new Backslash Boyz.

Nah screw that - go all in. Part of the charm for me in both Xenoblade games is the hammy cries of dialogue. Would be a shame to lose that.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if Pokémon Trainer could be brought back as part of an alternate costume for the main 'mons? Like having Red in the background while using Charizard, or Serena when using Greninja.

Enforced

Wow, another SmashGAF upcoming game discussion thread eh? :p

WELL for Smash NX I want either Smash Tour gone completely or stay with an online version of Smash Run in HD. That'll get me super hype to be honest.

Also they will probably add at least one new character. Like, what's the main thing that sells people on Smash? The fan service with the fighters.

Yeah I want that feature for NX too. I really want to play that mode.

MomoQca

To be fair,
it makes a lot of sense why Elma is so reserved for the majority of the main plot. And I honestly don't see how she's "flat." Her personality might seem a bit stoic, but can you really blame her after hiding her own identity for a few decades? Besides, you can see hints of her personality through dialogues such as her heart-to-hearts.

Zebei

To be fair,
it makes a lot of sense why Elma is so reserved for the majority of the main plot. And I honestly don't see how she's "flat." Her personality might seem a bit stoic, but can you really blame her after hiding her own identity for a few decades? Besides, you can see hints of her personality through dialogues such as her heart-to-hearts.

Plot developments that happen in the past aren't really an excuse for a character that pretty much shows no emotion until the last 2 or 3 chapters. Especially when you don't learn about those circumstances until the absolute end of the game so you don't even have context for her WHEN you interact with her.
Her heart to hearts were still pretty bland too. . . I think the only interesting thing I got out of them was learning Elma pretty much has no sense of humor. "I'm an Elma person"

Top Bottom