• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi

-Horizon-

zlCfzRrFiIstMhsuk_

Pic of the day. Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series.

A chicken? I'm ok with this.

ryanofcall

Oh man I want Mewtwo, Palutena, Sheik and ZSS confirmed already after seeing those pics D:

I keep wondering: do I really want Mewto to be confirmed in advance?
Because I remember how blown my mind was when suddenly a wild Mewto appeared in Melee as a new challenger.

Cucco confirmed is damn amazing hopefully its an item and not an assist trophy so I can do shenanigans like high item spawn all bombs, all motion sensor, all cuccos

R0ckman

zlCfzRrFiIstMhsuk_

Pic of the day. Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series.

This reminds me of how much I missed the cuccos when playing windwaker. Damn pigs didn't cut it. If I didn't know better I would think they were from a toon zelda game looking at this pic.

Cuccos should have been in from the very beggining of the smash series.

foltzie1

oh I see
I wonder if you can kill it by hitting it enough times

Kill? Not likely, as Nintendo has never allowed you to kill Cuccos.

It's possible here you will be able to knock them away and off a stage.

Will be interesting to see how one escapes the flock if they are called.

jph139

Ha ha, awesome! I remember thinking about how cool a Cucco item would have been a while back, glad to see Sakurai was thinking upon the same lines.

Pretty sure it's an item. MAYBE an Assist Trophy that spawns a "useless" Cucco, but item makes more sense.

Sometimes I feel like Sakurai is replacing pictures on the characters profiles but I know it's just me not remembering properly.

screen-10.jpg
screen-10.jpg

screen-9.jpg

I mean, it's been maybe ~2 weeks since I last looked at them and they're all 3DS shots so they're at the end. Still, I feel crazy, even though I know they're not actually changing.

georly

Sometimes I feel like Sakurai is replacing pictures on the characters profiles but I know it's just me not remembering properly.

screen-10.jpg
screen-10.jpg

screen-9.jpg

I mean, it's been maybe ~2 weeks since I last looked at them and they're all 3DS shots so they're at the end. Still, I feel crazy, even though I know they're not actually changing.

Those are new to me!

screen-10.jpg
screen-10.jpg

screen-9.jpg

Those all look familiar to me, particularly the Samus one.

EhoaVash

the game looks really great, really impressed with the wii u version especially the cute animations of the facial expressions characters make :3

Nia

As a Zelda fan, I feel this is the best item that could have been put in the game. I'm pleased. (At least, I hope it is an item.)

zroid

Banned
It will be interesting to see how this item might be used offensively. At first glance, it doesn't seem like it'll be much more than an obstacle.

R0ckman

Geez it bugs me that Toon Link has the fully powered Master Sword without the Mirror Shield, it just doesn't work out like this in the game, or promo art.

00138-1.png

tumblr_mtbcubs8Dk1qzwtdlo8_1280.jpg

ryanofcall

Geez it bugs me that Toon Link has the fully powered Master Sword without the Mirror Shield, it just doesn't work out like this in the game, or promo art.

00138-1.png

tumblr_mtbcubs8Dk1qzwtdlo8_1280.jpg

Hmm now that you mention it - we haven't heard anything about character customization after the announcement :eek:

It will be interesting to see how this item might be used offensively. At first glance, it doesn't seem like it'll be more more than an obstacle.
It could end up being like a mobile Wobbuffet. Just stay away if you don't want to chance getting hit, but you can use it to your advantage if you're smart.

Nezzhil

screen-10.jpg
screen-10.jpg

screen-9.jpg

This screenshots aren't really new. When the site was opened some character profiles didn't have ten screens until they were added some weeks after (I don't remind how many weeks).

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I think that new bird dealy is Looney Tune Link's new down b.

Or...it is something else. Nah, Probably a new down b.

georly

I think that new bird dealy is Looney Tune Link's new down b.

Or...it is something else. Nah, Probably a new down b.

no! mah bombs! Not to mention there were no cuccos in Wind Waker at all. Especially not the twilight princess ones :p

If anything, boomerang has not been revealed for either link yet. Was hoping Adult Link's B would be replaced by the beetle, but it looks like that's an item now.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I bet Mini Link doesn't even put tabasco on his eggs. Disgusting.

I'm pretty sure it's not an AT, since Sakurai has added "... joins the collection!" or something with each AT reveal. I'm hoping it's Mr. Saturn-esque.

Top Bottom