• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I like Temple more. But I want Pirate Ship too :p

Temple is probably one of the most popular maps the series has ever had. It's just so iconic of Smash, not having it would just feel incredibly strange and wrong, and chances are it returns. When I think of Melee stages, Temple is the first I think of, and it was used pretty heavily in promotions for Melee, AND was the only retro stage in Brawl to get a new music piece.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I could see those stages being in Wii U

Hyrule Temple
Pirate Ship
Onett
Big Blue
Pictiochat
Summit
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Luigi Mansion
Nofair

I still think it's weird that, in the wake of Dark Moon, the 3DS didn't get a new Luigi's Mansion stage, or even the Brawl one. It seems like such an obvious choice - not to mention a golden opportunity to get the excellent Haunted Towers and the original LM themes in the game.

hello late night smashGAF.

anyone have a clue when the demo hits?

Noon EST today
or whenever the eshop recovers from the inevitable crash

solomon

Man after watching D1's stream vi as they were calling it is terrible for the meta. Matches took even longer on 2 stock, people were living 170+ way to often and in general felt like it was going at a much slower pace. I know patching out vi isn't going to happen but I hope it doesn't hurt smash 4 on the wii u competitive wise.

Edit: not even gunna lie the first couple days of smash 4 from a spectators view looked good, with every passing day this game is looking fun to play very meh to watch.

Blizzard

Banned
Man after watching D1's stream vi as they were calling it is terrible for the meta. Matches took even longer on 2 stock, people were living 170+ way to often and in general felt like it was going at a much slower pace. I know patching out vi isn't going to happen but I hope it doesn't hurt smash 4 on the wii u competitive wise.

Edit: not even gunna lie the first couple days of smash 4 from a spectators view looked good, with every passing day this game is looking fun to play very meh to watch.
Comments like this make me extra-sad about the North America delay. I feel like some or most people may have already gone through an initial fun phase and will have negative conclusions by the time two MORE weeks pass and I actually get to play the game.

I wish I could have gotten in on the ground floor of the release before opinions changed or people found things.

Of course, if I have to wait until some time in 2015 for the Wii U version, that will be an even longer wait, and it sounds like Japan may get an early release of that as well. =(

Golnei

I still think it's weird that, in the wake of Dark Moon, the 3DS didn't get a new Luigi's Mansion stage, or even the Brawl one. It seems like such an obvious choice - not to mention a golden opportunity to get the excellent Haunted Towers and the original LM themes in the game.

The series has been touched by filthy Western hands, and is now ineligible for adequate representation along with Donkey Kong Country and Metroid Prime.
Little Mac's going to be cut from the Wii U game

Roo

o.o seriously?

...we have some amazing news for you

Please tell me
iJs4MzlRQ1SMv.gif

The one that's already been out a week.
Oh... that.
ibeJa80l7aztsP.gif

I forgot it was going public a week after the Club Nintendo platinum thing

Dr. Buni

smh

solomon

Comments like this make me extra-sad about the North America delay. I feel like some or most people may have already gone through an initial fun phase and will have negative conclusions by the time two MORE weeks pass and I actually get to play the game.

I wish I could have gotten in on the ground floor of the release before opinions changed or people found things.

Of course, if I have to wait until some time in 2015 for the Wii U version, that will be an even longer wait, and it sounds like Japan may get an early release of that as well. =(

Im also not getting the 3ds version but man I really do hope sakurai has a few surprises left because you can even tell on stream chats people optimism for this game are slowly going down(in it being highly competitive). Dont get me wrong im going to love the game but ill probably play it as I played brawl, learned all the hard stuff but played it casually.

BibleThump I still like the game.

botty

Banned
VI pretty much killed any potential this game had at being taken serious. Hopefully it can be removed in a future patch.

Blizzard

Banned
VI pretty much killed any potential this game had at being taken serious. Hopefully it can be removed in a future patch.

We don't know that for sure this early.

This is exactly the sort of thing I meant by:

I just want to play the game before everything changes and everything is discovered and people draw final conclusions! Two weeks is so long!

JoeM86

Could it be because they're trying to play it as a previous game, and not as the game it is?

haven't been keeping up.. what's ' VI ' ?

I too haven't kept up, but from what I can tell, it's the vector from hits and how you influence them.

Hey ya'll, I know it's kind of a moot point now since the Smash 3DS demo comes out tomorrow morning for everyone, but I just came across one more code for the North American eShop and figured I'd just post it here. At least you still get unlimited uses! First to enter it gets it:

A05VALK61CFXPSJN

botty

Banned
Being able to control the distance of the knock back you receive is just going to make matches longer and potentially kill a lot of combos.

For Fun people should probably not even pay attention to my rant.

solomon

Could it be because they're trying to play it as a previous game, and not as the game it is?

I too haven't kept up, but from what I can tell, it's the vector from hits and how you influence them.
Probably, like I said before in 6-8 months people will understand the game a lot better. Im not writting off smash 4 anytime soon.

munchie64

Being able to control the distance of the knock back you receive is just going to make matches longer and potentially kill a lot of combos.

For Fun people should probably not even pay attention to my rant.
Don't we all play for fun though?
HAHAHAHAHA

...Mmk not going to that stream for a bit.
Turns out he was talking about the celebrity picture leaks from a couple weeks back and how Jennifer Lawrence could get money for them being put up or something...

JLaw for top tier?

Thanks that explains it nicely.

Call me crazy but I prefer the VI. Smash 4 has the perfect mix of combos and footsies, IMO, and VI makes you have to make your combos just a little more dynamic to work.
If the community is going to play this game the same as Melee, then this can only be a bad thing, but I'm glad this has been discovered early cause it shows we have to treat this as its own game. Whether this game will work as an entertaining spectator sport, we'll have to wait and see. People claiming this game sucks for competitive play this early is silly, though.

J@hranimo

Banned
Instead of looking at the bad side of VI, I'm going to look at it as a way to adapt more and go for more aerial. Gotta adapt to this new meta, or get left behind
and continue to play Melee for another 13 years...

solomon

Thanks that explains it nicely.

Call me crazy but I prefer the VI. Smash 4 has the perfect mix of combos and footsies, IMO, and VI makes you have to make your combos just a little more dynamic to work.
For now you cant vi out of low percent combos, but mid and high percent combos are out of the question now.

Instead of looking at the bad side of VI, I'm going to look at it as a way to adapt more and go for more aerial. Gotta adapt to this new meta, or get left behind
and continue to play Melee for another 13 years...

Please lawd no more melee :(

I still don't get all the hatred about VI. Like I could maybe understand it if the game wasn't already out and everything was still theoretical, but the game has been out for a week now and people are having fun and already doing combos and playing decently long/short matches.

Someone just posted a video above, it should explain everything.

I'm not going to watch it :p

People that know all these mechanics seem to get upset about things all the time.

I've remained blissfully ignorant through Melee and Brawl and I'm going to keep it that way for Smash 4.

For Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom