• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediLink

I'll have to test it, but it could be. Not sure what the damage/knockback is if uncharged, it might just give them a 2nd recovery for free if it doesn't do a lot of knockback.

Here's the meteor bomba

M4tHqyj.gif
#BANNED

Revven

NEEDS AN ANSWER.

I would assume he retains all the differences in his move properties as he did in Melee but the ones that are confirmed to be there are:

Fair isn't a meteor, it's the strong KO Fair from Melee.
He has the drill kick aerial instead of the tornado as an aerial
He has his pills (obv)
His tornado is his Down B (yes you can mash to make it gain height)
Down throw is stronger than Mario's Dthrow
Bthrow seems to look stronger than Mario's
Up B is a strong one hit, in between Luigi's and Mario's Up Bs (so it has one hit but it's not as strong as Luigi's)
I think Nair might still function like it did in Melee but I haven't seen enough of it to confirm
Also not sure if Usmash on grounded opponents meteor bounces them but I can confirm it does KO aerial opponents similarly to the way it did in Melee (from my observations of watching streams)
I'm not sure if his Cape can cape people below the ledge like it could in Melee nor am I sure if it does more damage than Mario's cape
Bair does have its lower angle than Mario's (effectively making it stronger than Mario's).

That's about all I've noticed from watching streams. Someone with a Japanese copy of the game could probably tell you more definitively on some of the things I'm not sure on. It doesn't help that the people who do have the game haven't tried to look into this more (afaik). It's the same issue with Dark Pit, no one really knows what's different about his normals (although he's tougher to figure out since he's a new clone unlike Dr. Mario).

Anyway, I hope what I listed helped enough.

When I first heard people in the other thread talking about a possible shulk reveal a while back I thought they were discussing some weird pseudo she-hulk character.

I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles

georly

So, uh, meteor bomb would totally complement my Link playstyle.

Throwing a bomb at them while they're overhead to basically force them into a smash of my choice?

Yes. Yes please.

Kinda hard to pull off, but it's possible. You can't do smash/tilts w/ a bomb out, and the bomb takes a while to pull out. Oh, and the bomb doesn't last as long, nor does it fly as high.

He pocketed Link's Final smash.

No, he didn't, he just has invincibility frames while doing the pocket.

emb

I saw the video of Otori's Sheik vs Zero earlier... and wow, Sheik is looking fun. Those fairs, that bouncing fish. Has probably been the most satisfying character to watch so far, along with Robin.

I wish Link had a Remote Bomb attack. Let it work like Duck Hunt's oil barrel, where you push Down B again to set it off.

I wonder if Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings will get alt costumes as DLC

Maybe even let you change up their Clown Car designs

Villager's flower pocket custom sounds really good. Unless it is hard to hit with it sounds like a great way to rack up damage fast. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Unbounded

Kinda hard to pull off, but it's possible. You can't do smash/tilts w/ a bomb out, and the bomb takes a while to pull out. Oh, and the bomb doesn't last as long, nor does it fly as high.

Well I was thinking the scenario where you hit them with the dash attack or some other move that tends to send them pretty high vertically.

Pull out the bomb, jump -> throw, land, and prepare your smash the instant you hit the ground.

Doesn't seem that hard, I usually lead my bomb throws well enough. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Funny how much less hype it gets once we know everything. I can actually refresh the page now and see no new posts, sometimes for minutes in a row.

No one want to hype right now because they don't have the game. The thread might move little faster by time we got the games.

udivision

I'm worried about Little Mac's recovery. I've seen him gimped by so many characters, and without much effort.

Maybe he has a custom Up+B that does no damage but has twice the vertical range...

emb

No one want to hype right now because they don't have the game. The thread might move little faster by time we got the games.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll pick up. We're in a weird place right now where we know (almost) everything, but most of us can't play it yet.

emb

I'm worried about Little Mac's recovery. I've seen him gimped by so many characters, and without much effort.

Maybe he has a custom Up+B that does no damage but has twice the vertical range...
They tried to make him strong on the ground and weak in the air... and they succeeded, above and beyond. Might be a little more of the latter than the former though.

Please.

I hate the robotic look the Koopalings got. :(

It's so weird that the Koopalings share this weird car design while Jr. gets his own. Morton needs his star, Larry needs his teeth, Ludwig needs his tooth, Iggy needs his glasses, Roy needs his sunglasses, Wendy needs her lipstick, and Lemmy needs his wacky eyes.

It's so weird that the Koopalings share this weird car design while Jr. gets his own. Morton needs his star, Larry needs his teeth, Ludwig needs his tooth, Iggy needs his glasses, Roy needs his sunglasses, Wendy needs her lipstick, and Lemmy needs his wacky eyes.

I feel like that design choice was specifically done to establish the fact that the Koopalings have never actually owned their own clown cars. Yeah, I know they could've just kept the non-creepy eyes and used the individual colors to show that, but I guess they decided to make it more... obvious? I dunno.

DaBoss

Someone Zero is facing right now is VI-ing properly.

EDIT: Zero left the guy. >_>

Robin went to the 160% range before he got killed. He/she was playing as Robin and was getting bodied by Zero's ZSS.

Neiteio

I feel like that design choice was specifically done to establish the fact that the Koopalings have never actually owned their own clown cars. Yeah, I know they could've just kept the non-creepy eyes and used the individual colors to show that, but I guess they decided to make it more... obvious? I dunno.
I think the idea with the Koopalings' cars is they're a mass-produced version of the original. It also helps unify the Koopalings as, well, the Koopalings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom