• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

I'll have a gif for meteor bomb in a moment.

Apologies in advance for the offscreen.

tumblr_n6yrd9uUnQ1r494u0o1_400.jpg

PKrockin

Yeah, his Melee voice clips sounded a lot more... into it. The lack of new voice clips for specifically the Mario franchise is really odd to me. I highly expected characters like Mario, Luigi, and even Wario to inevitably get some new voice work done. It feels so lazy. Ech. Maybe the Wii U version will actually be more defined in that department.

I want their "HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAaaaaaa..." from Smash 64 back. lol

rekameohs

Banned
I'm still sorta shocked that Wario was made an unlockable in this game. Like, I dunno why I am, but he just feels like he should be there on the starting roster. Then again he had to be unlocked in MK7 as well so it isn't exactly the first time something like this happened, hah.

Fun fact; Wario is the only Smash character that debuted as a starting character and was made unlockable in a later entry. :0

Similarly though, Captain Falcon went from unlockable to starter to unlockable to starter in Smash 1 through 4.

georly

I mean partially charged silver arrows should be good for edge guarding for people that are recovering from below.

Peach For Glory ban glitch is fixed.

And some stability stuff or something.

I'll have to test it, but it could be. Not sure what the damage/knockback is if uncharged, it might just give them a 2nd recovery for free if it doesn't do a lot of knockback.

Here's the meteor bomba

M4tHqyj.gif

ffdgh

I'll have to test it, but it could be. Not sure what the damage/knockback is if uncharged, it might just give them a 2nd recovery for free if it doesn't do a lot of knockback.

Here's the meteor bomba

iAq2uU6K9LPtQ.gif

I say awesome! Kinda makes his down air meteor redundant tho.

TheOGB

Banned

Here's the meteor bomba

iAq2uU6K9LPtQ.gif
Well then, lemme boot up this demo and practice my Link...

Here's the meteor bomba

iAq2uU6K9LPtQ.gif

aww now I almost want Wonder Red playable just so Link can throw one at him!

PKrockin

Around 120% I think.

Wow that's good.

However I just read Problem2 on Smashboards say this

I've unlocked Link's 1st custom arrows. The custom arrows I unlocked follow a Melee arc when uncharged, but deal a pathetic amount of damage and even disappear if it tries to drop below Link's foot, so you can't use it to hit people below off stage.

Silver arrow seems like a no-go for edgeguarding characters recovering low assuming partially charging it doesn't make it last much longer.

Revven

Here's the meteor bomba

iAq2uU6K9LPtQ.gif

Holy moly I may have to reconsider who I'm going to play now, omggg (loved Link in 64 but was disappointed in how he changed in Melee/Brawl so yeah). I don't even care if it's slightly weak, that looks like literally the best version of the bombs.

georly

I mean partially charged silver arrows should be good for edge guarding for people that are recovering from below.

Just confirmed you CAN'T use it to edge guard. It disappears as soon as it reaches what WOULD be ground level. It does not drop below ground level to hit people below. Hitting people at the edge of the stage w/ it, uncharged, does practically nothing.

It's an 'all or nothing' arrow.

Wow that's good.

I've unlocked Link's 1st custom arrows. The custom arrows I unlocked follow a Melee arc when uncharged, but deal a pathetic amount of damage and even disappear if it tries to drop below Link's foot, so you can't use it to hit people below off stage.

Silver arrow seems like a no-go for edgeguarding characters recovering low assuming partially charging it doesn't make it last much longer.

Heh, that just confirmed what I found!

emb

Meteor bombs sound amazing. I love it.

Wow that's good.

Wooow, that's really weird.

Can you confirm Georly? Edit: Gotcha. Lame. :(

georly

Meteor bombs sound amazing. I love it.

Wooow, that's really weird.

Can you confirm Georly? Edit: Gotcha. Lame. :(

It's still fantastic, it can KO at like 80-100% if you hit it just right. It'll almost definitely KO anyone off the stage.

Valus

Just confirmed you CAN'T use it to edge guard. It disappears as soon as it reaches what WOULD be ground level. It does not drop below ground level to hit people below. Hitting people at the edge of the stage w/ it, uncharged, does practically nothing.

It's an 'all or nothing' arrow.

Heh, that just confirmed what I found!

Sounds a bit too situational in that case. 20% kill shot arrows are ridiculous but most people will see it coming a mile away.

georly

Sounds a bit too situational in that case. 20% kill shot arrows are ridiculous but most people will see it coming a mile away.

Yeah. I'm pretty good at timing arrow hits, but if you know it's coming, you'll avoid it. It'll force an air dodge, though.

Unbounded

So, uh, meteor bomb would totally complement my Link playstyle.

Throwing a bomb at them while they're overhead to basically force them into a smash of my choice?

Yes. Yes please.

DaBoss

NEEDS AN ANSWER.
Everything is the same regarding moves, but there are probably some differences here and there.

I know that the Super Sheet (side special) doesn't stop any momentum at all and is useless for recovery. It seems like overall, Dr. Mario's recovery isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom