• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Melee guide was cool. It came with my GameCube bundle which also included a memory card and Melee. My parents made me wait until my birthday to have the actual system and game, but they let me read the strategy guide in the meantime. I read that thing cover to cover with great fervor.

It makes a few things apparent that might not always be obvious. Like, for example, Mewtwo's Disable is balanced with the express intention of doubles matches. It is timed to favor Ganondorf's Warlock Punch.

The guide also mentions Ditto, which we all know isn't present in the game.

Crayolan

It's gonna be soo good...
tumblr_inline_nkttp0oSxx1rius9z.gif

Now I want to see the entire roster Conga.

Time for Nintendo to start selling taunts.

Enthus

Will we be able to get the code from our Club Nintendo account or only through the email they send? I can't log in to the email for my account now.

ffdgh

Ah I didn't even think about the possibility of a Falcon nerf. Please no...he's damn near perfect the way he is.

*salt speaking*
Nerf that dash grab range, his forward smash's range slightly, and that wonky hitbox range/knockback on the final hit of his rapid jab.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't wait to download all those great custom stages since I know GAF has been using that mode every day since launch!

Here's a mockup someone on Reddit made with the assumption they aren't just in a DLC button:

Although it's possible it could look like this after Lucas releases, we know there's at least one more character coming (I'm guessing more than that) due to the ballot. So the final CSS will be different, and interesting.

It's so fun to participate in Smashgaf after obsessively lurking through most of the old OT hype threads. :) Whatever happened to the fanfic?

Boney

Banned
Falcon is completely fine as he is. Hem's great but nothing is broken about him, except maybe the nipple spike

Nerf her more! :)
She hasn't actually had any nerfs or buffs since the game was out.
And I'd say she was buffed from brawl, but still

#freedowntilt
#buffdownsmash

Zubz

Banned
lqchgf3gnwzlwfbqjyyx.jpg

it was a good day

Incredible.

I'm so glad that this DLC means that the Smash Hype will never die. We can all be a family again! Forever!

I can't wait to download all those great custom stages since I know GAF has been using that mode every day since launch!

... I drew Sanic with a hand-drawn, crooked abomination-doppleganger of Battlefield blaring City Escape; would that work for you? If that doesn't work, the level that's literally just a stair case and some cannons launching anyone leaving the staircase back onto it just might do it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I made a couple, but its not like it lets you do wonders...
Yeah, I've made two stages based on some ideas I had during Smash Hype but it's really limited. Such a shame.

A stage based off of a jar from Super Mario Bros 2. Rack up a lot of damage and shoot them out the top. Lava is there to just prevent someone camping outside the stage.

The summit from Ice Climbers. Much like Ice Climbers, if you fall off the bottom you're dead. It's a kind of inverse stage with the main stage being above the sub platforms. The moving platforms are meant to be like the moving clouds, shame they go back and forth rather than constantly coming from the right like in the original game.

Captain Falcon is pretty much perfect. No changes needed.

There are less than 5 nerfs I could give out to the entire cast in this game.

Buff, buff, buff!

Azure J

lqchgf3gnwzlwfbqjyyx.jpg

it was a good day

and yeah, I know we will run into several Mewtwos online, hopefully he isn't a broken mess with his own Hoo Haa

That and the Rosalina Riders were two of my favorite Mario Kart 8 moments to actively participate in. :lol

On another note, I have so many replays I want to save but I hate doing cell phone recordings... :(

Captain Falcon is pretty much perfect. No changes needed.

There are less than 5 nerfs I could give out to the entire cast in this game.

Buff, buff, buff!

My man.

Hatchtag

Banned
I just want Ganondorf's running speed to get a bit of a buff. I used equipment that buffed it, and even though it might have been a bit OP, it played heavenly. I hate how slow they made him after Melee.

TWILT

Banned
On another note, I have so many replays I want to save but I hate doing cell phone recordings... :(

You still have that replay where you get up attack stage spiked (I can't believe that's a thing...) my Shulk? I still have one of the Greninja dittos and one where my Shulk 2 stocked/got a stylish Dair on you :p

Azure J

You still have that replay where you get up attack stage spiked (I can't believe that's a thing...) my Shulk? I still have one of the Greninja dittos and one where my Shulk 2 stocked/got a stylish Dair on you :p

I think I do, I'm not sure. I also have a bunch of CRAZY assed Dragonlife replays that need to be immortalized because wall tech battles are the BEST part of Smash Bros.

This makes me wonder if they'll add challenges and stuff with the patch too. I already 100%'d the game but wouldn't mind having some more stuff to do.

I actually am so curious if Mewtwo will be added to past challenges I left a couple open.

Going to test "Get 700 trophies" with Mewtwo's trophies and "Beat 10 man smash with all characters" with Mewtwo as well to see if he's required if you have him.

I have it set up so I have just Toon Link left in 10 man smash. So I will beat it with Toon Link, leaving Mewtwo. I want to see if I will need Mewtwo to unlock it, or if he doesn't count for these challenges.

I also know Mewtwo's trophies will count, but I was at 699, so I figured I might as well just wait and test that as well.

Azure J

mariotehplumber 14 minutes ago · LINKED COMMENT
Well, I can tell you dumbasses are fans of Nintendo for the wrong reasons.

OK, which one of you lovable dorks left this gem on my YouTube channel?

Edit: Holy shit, it's that amiibo dude... LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom