• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky 7

Thanks for the game Ricky! Sorry I had to cut it soon, but something came up.

Really like the Mewtwo you have there. I would try to cut back on the dash attacks as they become a bit predictable. :p

KK no problem. Yeah sorry about the stupid moves and SD's, still getting to grips with all his stuff. I was mainly using dash attack to see it's properties, it's alright but not as good as I thought it was. Teleport is hard to perfectly angle as you saw. T_T

You're pretty good too, I'll play with my main next time to give you more of a challenge lol.

Filter

So for Australia I had to have completed the surveys for both games back in January to get this code?

Is Aus the only region to do it like this? It's pretty annoying if true.

TheDanimal

This is my last game, speedwagon. Just FYI
Edit: What a way to go >.>
GGs! Btw, who is your main? Is it Mewtwo?

Edit 2: Yeah, that happens way too often to me

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
GGs! Btw, who is your main? Is it Mewtwo?

Nah, I've just been practicing him since he's new. I play about half the roster, so I wouldn't say any one character is my main. I've played Link and Falcon in every SSB, though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I watched those replays against Beats Karst. Could use a few more grabs. That custom headbutt could be punished easily with a grab. Personally when I play Mewtwo, Bowser, and Ganon I think about what way can I punish them for making a move. Kinda like rock paper scissors.

I think carrying fundamentals from Bowser might help us.

jorgejjvr

Well you got me figured out by the end there Karsticles, gotta go eat now and a small break, those were great games amazing bowser as always, hard to approach and that custom move it's super useful! I'll get you next time! Haha

I watched those replays against Beats Karst. Could use a few more grabs. That custom headbutt could be punished easily with a grab. Personally when I play Mewtwo, Bowser, and Ganon I think about what way can I punish them for making a move. Kinda like rock paper scissors.

I think carrying fundamentals from Bowser might help us.
Indeed!

Meant to do side b lol I'm getting hungry, two more and I have to eat!
Good games, sir!

If patch notes got released, that would mean Sakurai compares about it competitively.

dcedef6c66.gif
Perhaps he just likes seeing the players intensively playing each character for hours to figure out the difference. It is very impressive to see.

Jims

Holy cow. That was bizarre.

I just got a powerline connection for my Wii, based on the recommendations in this thread. And I literally just now went online with it for the first time to try it out.

Went in For Glory, 1 vs 1, and the first name that came up was FluxWaveZ. I was taken aback because at first I thought it was someone who streams that I had heard of, but then remembered FluxWave from here.

What are the odds? Crazy. First wired connection test and first time I had played a Mewtwo before.

GGs Flux. Another set of matches that confirmed I have no other character except Yoshi. I was trying to focus on mixing in more Egg Lay against the aggressive characters, so it was cool to get some practice with them. Your Sonic was awesome. All those spindashes are hard to combat.

Btw, how was the connection on your end? Good? Mine had pretty much no lag on my side.

uberluigi

Banned
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?

Edit:
Just finished downloading Mewtwo and I don't see him in the select screen...

Restart the game. You'll get a message saying Mewtwo joined the battle and you'll get a trophy.

Check the title screen to see if you're on 1.0.6.

Just did and Nada 😖

I downloaded mewtwo first and then I updated the game, did I fuck up by doing this?

Room up if anyone wants to play.

Edit: uberluigi, you are at 1.0.6 and restarted the game?

Thank you, likewise, I need to better approach you
I thought you improved a lot in your approach since the last set. I noticed more smash attacks, too, which I think is smart for that matchup. It is tough that you can't use your jabs safely.

uberluigi

Banned

I thought you improved a lot in your approach since the last set. I noticed more smash attacks, too, which I think is smart for that matchup. It is tough that you can't use your jabs safely.

First thing I did was download Mewtwo from the eshop than I loaded the game and it did the update. Once finished and I went to smash and no Mewtwo or no pop up mentioning Mewtwo and yes its the latest update. I was thinking of erasing the update data and download it again.

jorgejjvr

Thank you! Your bowser is a beast, he also improved so much as we went, bowser has some really safe moves, we had intense games indeed

No one wants to beat on my Mewtwo?

Thank you! Your bowser is a beast, he also improved so much as we went, bowser has some really safe moves, we had intense games indeed
Just the jab is safe. Anything else can be punished.

It takes me a while to transition between characters. Some people can flip between various characters and do fine, but I can't. My brain gets all messed up. :(

First thing I did was download Mewtwo from the eshop than I loaded the game and it did the update. Once finished and I went to smash and no Mewtwo or no pop up mentioning Mewtwo and yes its the latest update. I was thinking of erasing the update data and download it again.
Idk. You could try reinstalling it all.

uberluigi

Banned

Just the jab is safe. Anything else can be punished.

It takes me a while to transition between characters. Some people can flip between various characters and do fine, but I can't. My brain gets all messed up. :(

Idk. You could try reinstalling it all.

Yeah that's what I did and it worked. Now I can finally play!

JulianImp

Here I am, in case anyone wants to do some 1v1 or 2v2 matches (2v2 might be hard since it's more likely that I'll have bad ping to at least one of the three).

Cronox

Banned
OK I have to admit I was laughing hysterically as I daired you down into the water on Delfino over and over Karst :p

Edit: I think you haven't quite adapted to Mewtwo's throw range yet, it's not as long as one would hope :/

JulianImp

I never liked the water since Brawl. It feels like it's really unfair to characters with bad aerial maneuverability.

Still looking to play some games... anyone?

EDIT: Yeah, I noticed Mewtwo's grab range wasn't nearly as good as I though it would be. Then again Ness is my secondary, so I'm kind of used to his fairly good dash grab.

RomanceDawn

I tried but had to put the controller down for no more than 10 seconds and then you left. I got a new born and toddler, sometimes I need to jump up and grab a bottle or something.

FYI if anyone plays me and I start taunting and not fighting it means I'm trying to get your attention because of a quick emergency. It's rare but it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom