• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronox

Banned
Zing, want to play?

GGs Cronoc. It is always weird seeing you steal all my tech between our sets. You are like The Borg.

Good games Karst. I gotta have dinner and take care of a few things, I'll be on again in a couple hours or so. I think Mewtwo really demands that you not make mistakes, but there are so many 50/50's in this game... I think that's pretty hard.

Ha well our last ranbats matches sold me on dash slash so I'm working with it... Though I really need to stop using it as a ground approach tool unless you just threw out a laggy move...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ledge spiking for glory scrubs feels good as Ganon.

Why did they think they were safe hanging from the ledge?

On Mewtwo some of us think battles will be one sided. Either Mewtwo is kicking ass or he is getting wrecked.

Zing

Banned
I do. I'll create a room. :)

...Actually join Julian's.

...actually the connection was really poor. I created a room for us if you like.

JulianImp

I added you. :)

That was some serious input lag! Sorry, I guess my connection to you isn't good at all.

I could join 2v2s, but I already know my connection with Karst is laggy, and the same holds true for Zing, so I can't play with them even if I wanted.

Back to looking for 1v1 opponents, I guess.

Zing

Banned
Yeah it looks like no one else is going to join, sorry. Maybe tomorrow we can try again.

Is there a reliable way to face the opposite direction without sprinting a few yards? Is it just a matter of fine control? So many times I am facing the wrong way and trying to turn around just makes me run all over.

Did you want to play more games than that Zing? If not, ggs.
Yeah it looks like no one else is going to join, sorry. Maybe tomorrow we can try again.

Is there a reliable way to face the opposite direction without sprinting a few yards? Is it just a matter of fine control? So many times I am facing the wrong way and trying to turn around just makes me run all over.
You sprint if you mash the joystick (like a smash attack), so you have to tilt it.

edit: Still lookin for some 2v2s.. or 1v1 perhaps.

jnWake

How the fuck does Luigi's Down B work? I wanted to spam it as recovery for the "Survive 1 Minute in Cruel Smash" challenge but I don't know how to move upwards with that special... I managed to clear the challenge with some very crappy ledge spam haha.

In an unrelated note, I'm recording my ranbats this time (the replays I mean). If anyone can capture the videos off the TV it'd be cool if we had many ranbat sets in YouTube! I have my 4-5 loss against Out_of_Ammo saved in replays if anybody is interested (maybe some Bracket 3 fellows?).

JulianImp

How the fuck does Luigi's Down B work? I wanted to spam it as recovery for the "Survive 1 Minute in Cruel Smash" challenge but I don't know how to move upwards with that special... I managed to clear the challenge with some very crappy ledge spam haha.

In an unrelated note, I'm recording my ranbats this time (the replays I mean). If anyone can capture the videos off the TV it'd be cool if we had many ranbat sets in YouTube! I have my 4-5 loss against Out_of_Ammo saved in replays if anybody is interested (maybe some Bracket 3 fellows?).

You have to mash B to go up, and it works best if you have some upwards momentum (say, by doing the move right after a jump).

I know Boss (a pretty well known professional player who mains Luigi) can mash B enough to rise even when starting from downwards vertical momentum, but whenever I've tried I ended up losing more altitude from the recovery after the move's done than what I gained by mashing B like a madman.

Edit: I guess no more 1v1s for today. Too bad I only got two play two people, and both times our games lagged enough that we couldn't keep playing. Oh well, there's always tomorrow...

Boney

Banned

FluxWaveZ

'Sup.

GGs Flux. Another set of matches that confirmed I have no other character except Yoshi. I was trying to focus on mixing in more Egg Lay against the aggressive characters, so it was cool to get some practice with them. Your Sonic was awesome. All those spindashes are hard to combat.

Btw, how was the connection on your end? Good? Mine had pretty much no lag on my side.

Had I known I was playing against someone from here, I would have taken those matches a bit more seriously. GGs, the latency was great in that set.

Up for some 1v1s if someone would like to play.

Sure, let's do this.

Nabster92

Sorry SmashGAF, I failed to get any matches on the recorded setup. :(

Ended up getting 21st out of 120 I think. Both of my losses were super close but involved me doing something stupid to die. First one was against Zage, a good Pac-Man player. I was up about 20% to 80% or so on the last stock game 1 and he started his up-b from just off screen at the bottom of the stage. So I went off to hit him on the third jump from the trampoline and hit him with a luma d-air that hit him towards the stage and then I was just gonna up-b back to continue from there. Then I hit up-b and nothing came out and without really hearing any sound, I didn't realize that I must've hit the trampoline right before I did my up-b and got put in tumble falling through it, so I just continued falling and died at 20. Then in game 3, it went down to both of us above 100% on last stock and I hit him with a Luma f-smash at like 110%. Sparks came out and I thought that would finish him, but he managed to survive it and I didn't remember he had a key charged up on him. So he throws it at me coming back from off screen and I die to it instead.

Then after getting through the next several matches in losers bracket, I ended up playing a good Dedede that I actually roomed with when I went to Apex. That set also went to game 3 since I'm also pretty bad at the Dedede matchup. He just survives so long and has so much rage because of it. I end up getting him to about 180% most of the time before finally killing him but before that point, I have to be afraid of death at anything above 40%. So last game I'm at about 50 something % and on the ledge and I do my stupidest option of getting off the ledge and just do a regular get up and eat the back swing of an up-smash to the face because Luma's a dick and just extends the length of hitboxes to make sure I get hit by it as well.

Then to add a bit more insult to injury, the guy I beat in the first round ended up beating that Pac Man in loser's bracket and placed one round ahead of me <.<

Ah well, lots of solid players showed up today. Didn't get to play all the ones I wanted to, but still got some good friendlies in. Also found out the guy that got 5th happens to live in the same city as me, so might try to get some more offline practice with him sometime.

Heng

Im not sure if this is the place to post this, sorry if it's not; I don't see myself using Mewtwo all that often, does anyone want to trade a Wii U Mewtwo code for something on club Nintendo?

Azure J

Hey Nabs, who do you play in this version of the game? I owe you some games as one of the old BrawlGAF guys that got me to step up my Marth. :)

Revven

Played some For Glory late tonight and man I had some of the worst matches imagineable. A Bowser that constantly spammed Up B, even after I kept punishing it -- he even spammed it at the ledge when I was hanging on it. All I had to do was Uair him at the right time but the dude kept spamming it anyway lmao.

One thing that really made me annoyed, though, was this one guy... it was the first match of the evening. I pick my Doc and we play game 1, it was against a DDD. The match was fairly close, I could've made the comeback (he was at like 70% at the end of it) but I made too many critical errors with Doc (letting myself get hit by Bairs and Nairs while he's air camping me or whatever). Anyway, I lost, I wanted to play another game since I knew what he was about but instead... guess what happens?

He has the nerve to put the tag "U~R~BAD" and then I'm sitting there waiting for him to switch his tag back (I already queued myself up, waiting in the training or whatever) and he just leaves -- doesn't even play a SET with me, at least. Most players I've played at least have the courtesy to do a Best of 3, at the minimum (unless they lose and they're really bad and know they can't win the next match anyway).

Someone else did this to me later where I played one game with them, I lost, and then they left. I thought it was going to be a trend tonight but it wasn't.

Just annoyed me a bit because it's like, OK, you're going to do a bit of funny little trash talk with a tag and then we play a match, right? NOPE. Dude just leaves. What is that? I mean, really? I don't care he called me bad or whatever, I found it funny, but the guy leaving -- not even playing a full Best of 3 set -- is what bothered me. The audacity.

Played some For Glory late tonight and man I had some of the worst matches imagineable. A Bowser that constantly spammed Up B, even after I kept punishing it -- he even spammed it at the ledge when I was hanging on it. All I had to do was Uair him at the right time but the dude kept spamming it anyway lmao.

One thing that really made me annoyed, though, was this one guy... it was the first match of the evening. I pick my Doc and we play game 1, it was against a DDD. The match was fairly close, I could've made the comeback (he was at like 70% at the end of it) but I made too many critical errors with Doc (letting myself get hit by Bairs and Nairs while he's air camping me or whatever). Anyway, I lost, I wanted to play another game since I knew what he was about but instead... guess what happens?

He has the nerve to put the tag "U~R~BAD" and then I'm sitting there waiting for him to switch his tag back (I already queued myself up, waiting in the training or whatever) and he just leaves -- doesn't even play a SET with me, at least. Most players I've played at least have the courtesy to do a Best of 3, at the minimum (unless they lose and they're really bad and know they can't win the next match anyway).

Someone else did this to me later where I played one game with them, I lost, and then they left. I thought it was going to be a trend tonight but it wasn't.

Just annoyed me a bit because it's like, OK, you're going to do a bit of funny little trash talk with a tag and then we play a match, right? NOPE. Dude just leaves. What is that? I mean, really? I don't care he called me bad or whatever, I found it funny, but the guy leaving -- not even playing a full Best of 3 set -- is what bothered me. The audacity.
Looks like he accomplished his goal of pissing you off.

J@hranimo

Banned

Yeah, that sounds like half of For glory tbh. Sorry it started to get the best of you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom