• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
bHjHrKo.png

Ijs5rnl.png

txj6kuK.png

PlFfgip.png
qG0NoZn.png
uyLpXTw.png
Ugz6sJc.png
tA5DbWF.png

JdGsCkk.png
EA9fSTd.png
WVNSMTp.png
yZfrJjY.png

afYL3C6.png

3lIa4xw.png
oSoaiAA.png
Z0Bs5Ck.png
spNvPKW.png
2pPTpyg.png
MKqMGQV.png
P7c0PBM.png

lO9hdxb.png
WtOr19M.png
iaaMUVi.png
YmDD9MK.png
2bhm2pw.png
8PZjQPh.png
8uUORqS.png

NP3Rn53.png
u9kuAu1.png
fvq5DUj.png

JeFzKWh.png

8f2PExC.png

XbMFI9d.png

ksVvFpe.png

ly5vpia.png

otUOOuw.png

9SySjM6.png

r115eow.png

GldLvxg.png

bGQNqhq.png

CRSHgIy.png

MMcj91W.png

wRruGyM.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really want to thank everyone for helping me out with Super Smash Bros. DLC OT! I really appreciate all helps that I have got from y'all; SunnyD for FAQ, Roo for Official Thread buttons and Xane for allowing me to borrow his works.

IRC Chat
Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

SmashGAF Tourney
For Glory ID: 55791645480276
For Fun ID: 13924304280726

Quote this post to get password for the rooms.

Karsticles' Ranbats Season 4

Karsticles said:
SMASHGAF RANBATS – SEASON FOUR

All invitations to edit the brackets have been sent out.  If you have issues editing your bracket while properly logged in, please PM me and I will try to resolve the issue.  

BRACKETS:

The link for viewing the final brackets:

http://tinyurl.com/obn5xeh

SETUP:

• Each player belongs to a bracket.

• Player names are listed as GAFNAME(NNID).

• Each week, you are responsible for playing one new person – of your choice - in your bracket by Sunday night.

• Record the score in Google Spreadsheets using the invitation you were provided with.

o 1 = Winner.

o 0 = Loser.

o The horizontal cells from your name are your score; the vertical is for reference against who you played against.

• The format is Round Robin – everyone plays everyone in their bracket once.

IN-GAME RULES:

• First to 5 wins takes the set.

• 1v1.

• Customs are legal, items and equipment are not.

• Either player may switch characters between matches.

• 2-stock with a 6-minute timer.

• Time Out Clause: if the match timer hits “0”, the player with the lowest damage % wins.

• In-game mechanics result in the stage decision (each player picks; game decides).

• When starting a set, each player may post two stages that are banned for the set.

• For the purposes of this rule, omega-version stages are all one “stage”.

• If a player wins on a stage, that player may not pick that stage for the next two rounds of the set.

• Legal stage list:

All For Glory Stages

Battlefield

Smashville

Town and City

Lylat Cruise

Skyloft

Castle Siege

Halberd

Delfino

Duck Hunt

Wuhu Island

GENERAL EXPECTATIONS:

• Be honest.

• Be respectful.

• Be responsible.

GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL:

• Dishonest score reports.

• Disrespectful conduct.

• Consistent failure to play matches on time.

• Consistent complaints about connection quality.

FAQ:

I am new to SmashGAF – can I join?

Yes!  Anyone is welcome to play!  This is about having fun and fostering a sense of community.  If you missed the sign-up deadline, keep an eye out so you can join in next season.

What should I do to try and find my matches?

PM people on NeoGAF!  Try to work out times instead of hoping it all works out.  If a player has been banned, PM me for an e-mail contact.

What if my opponent and I are having trouble making our match happen within the one-week period?

You have a two-week grade period to play each match, but do your best to play your match within the one-week period provided. If you do not play a match one week, you must play two the next to catch up.  I will be lenient on ranbans, however, and will only ban a player after the ranbat season has concluded and matches are left unplayed.

What should I do if I have tried to set up a ranbat match with someone, but they are unresponsive?

PM me the evidence of your attempts so that I can make an informed decision regarding ranbans.

Why is <Insert Rule> the case instead of <Insert Other Rule>?

Everything exists as it does because I feel it is a good policy. Nothing is cut into diamond, however, and if the majority player base feels a policy change is needed, I fully welcome discussion on the issue.

Can I join late?

Unless someone drops out mid-season, you will have to wait until the next season begins. There is no player cap, however, so you will be welcome to join when the next season begins.

Can I play ahead, or even finish my entire season right away?

Sure, go for it! I encourage this, actually.

Should I wire my connection?

Hell yes you should!  Here are two methods to improve your connection:

1) Wiring your Wii U through an Ethernet adapter is the best option.  A wireless connection will never stack up to a wired one.  Here is a link to a cheap adapter that many players here use, and it works wonderfully:

http://tinyurl.com/qej8w74

2) If your modem is far away from your Wii U, you can try a Powerline Interner Adapter.  These work by channeling your internet connection through an electrical socket.  I do not use one personally, but several GAF members have praised their efficacy.  Here is a list of options; if a GAF member wants to weigh in on the various levels of quality present here, I am glad to recommend one over the others:

http://tinyurl.com/n7xsckk

How were the brackets decided?

This season, the top 2 players will move up, and the bottom 2 players will move down.  Brackets featuring new players will be far more flexible in moving up or down levels.

I was banned in a previous.  Can I rejoin?

All bans are one-season long.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
no snake reference in title, I am disappoint :p

Fandangox

A new thread, new beginnings.

Cannot wait for Lucas ITS SO CLOSE

Remember to find a way to save your replays people, they will most likely be gone with the Update that Lucas will bring.

Inkling DLC will come before too long, I can feel it in my bones!

Excited to see what we get come E3. Thought they would keep Lucas for after the direct to be honest.

Pretty excited for everyone to pick up Lucas only to drop him two weeks later.

Edit: Oh damn, why did we get moved to community? :-/ Don't games get new GAMING threads when new DLC launches?

In the end, every match in tournament will be played on Smashville either way.

I usually ban Smashville just to mess with people. ;-D

What else other than Ryu is likely for dlc? I'd love for some more stages and music in addition to characters. Oh, does the Miiverse stage include it own music tracks?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What else other than Ryu is likely for dlc? I'd love for some more stages and music in addition to characters. Oh, does the Miiverse stage include it own music tracks?

Yeah, Miiverse stage would have their own songs. I recalled that it would have Mario Paint Medley but I couldn't remember other songs.

Neoxon

Inklings right after Inkling Costume DLC seems odd.
Let's be honest, who else is there
(besides Wolf, but he's a lock for one of the mystery slots anyway)
? Besides the Chorus Kids & maybe Chibi-Robo, there aren't a whole lot of other options that have a feasible chance outside of the ballot. And it's not like DLC Mii costumes for characters who are also playable is anything outside of the norm (see Link). Plus given how hard Nintendo's pushing Splatoon, a playable Inkling with a stage isn't out of the realm of possibility. As for the others, I hate to be the one to say it, but the likes of King K. Rool & Wonder Red will never get in without the ballot (this isn't a problem for King K. Rool given that he's insanely popularity amongst ballot voters, but the rest are up in the air).

Roy was also leaked in the same files that Ryu was leaked in.

I played Falco, Lucas, and Snake in Brawl, and since two of those characters are dead now, I don't see why I would drop Lucas. I even played Ness a bit to quell the raging void that was Lucas's absence.

Falawful

New thread smell.

I am expecting one big reveal at E3. They have to give an update on post-Lucas content, what better time would there be to do that?

pichu trailer incoming

Fandangox

What do you all think would be better?

Significantly increase recovery on Needles.

OR

Needle throw range halved.

I'd increase recovery on needles, would at least make the Sheik player go for something else in neutral instead of just needles all the time.

I played Falco, Lucas, and Snake in Brawl, and since two of those characters are dead now, I don't see why I would drop Lucas. I even played Ness a bit to quell the raging void that was Lucas's absence.
:^)

I'm so happy about Lucas's release being near. He's honestly one of my favorites from Brawl; Ness just doesn't compare for me enough to fill the void Lucas left up till now.

jaosobno

Sorry if this is slightly offtopic (I'm not sure whether this is Smash |OT| or just a thread for DLC discussion), but I've been looking to buy Smash (for 3DS) for a while now. While fighting games have never really interested me, I really like this concept. I've been playing demo for a while and I had a lot of fun.

Now, my question is, should I wait until E3 for potential Smash 6 announcement (there was a rumor about Smash 6 coming out this year for 3DS and WiiU), or should I just pull the trigger and buy it now? How is the online part, are there many active players? Is the single player part fun (is there a lot of stuff to do), or is this game all about online play?

Neoxon

Sorry if this is slightly offtopic (I'm not sure whether this is Smash |OT| or just a thread for DLC discussion), but I've been looking to buy Smash (for 3DS) for a while now. While fighting games have never really interested me, I really like this concept. I've been playing demo for a while and I had a lot of fun.

Now, my question is, should I wait until E3 for potential Smash 6 announcement (there was a rumor about Smash 6 coming out this year for 3DS and WiiU), or should I just pull the trigger and buy it now? How is the online part, are there many active players? Is the single player part fun (is there a lot of stuff to do), or is this game all about online play?
Pull the trigger. Nintendo only releases 1 Smash game per console, that Smash 6 listing was for Smash 4 DLC. The online is solid (though the Wii U version is a bit more consistent based on my experience), though the single player is a little lacking. If nothing else, Smash Run is fun to mess around with on the 3DS version.

jaosobno

Pull the trigger. Nintendo only releases 1 Smash game per console, that Smash 6 listing was for Smash 4 DLC. The online is solid (though the Wii U version is a bit more consistent based on my experience), though the single player is a little lacking. If nothing else, Smash Run is fun to mess around with on the 3DS version.

Alright, thanks!

Oidisco

I think I'm gonna try out ZSS again. I really struggled with trying to use her a couple months ago, but I've gotten a bit better since then. So hopefully it works out this time

Puruzi

Banned

Edit: Oh damn, why did we get moved to community? :-/ Don't games get new GAMING threads when new DLC launches?

I usually ban Smashville just to mess with people. ;-D
I'm not dropping Lucas. Maining him unless he's trash somehow

I don't know if that's totally fair. I still see Mewtwo fairly often in FG.

Anyway, I know I'll be using Lucas a lot since Ness is my tertiary. I'll happily play them both, as I enjoy their differences!

Yeah I'm sticking with Lucas. He's the only character aside from Wario and DK that I feel really strongly about, and unless they change him to the point where I don't find him fun compared to previous games (Like DK sigh) I don't think I'll drop him.

On the other hand I FINALLY found a secondary that I'm dedicated to learn in Meta Knight, so who knows.

Oidisco

ZSS is weird. I'm not used to playing characters with such good air mobility and speed. I'm having fun with her though.

Top Bottom