• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Neoxon

Honestly if Bayo could only do one up B instead of two she'd be a lot more balanced. Maybe even make it longer but only one.
The fact that Bayonetta can do two is accurate to her games, plus it makes her recovery game actually decent.

In other news, Sakurai is apparently a JoJo fan. Not surprising considering the JoJo references in Smash 4.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-12-at-3.48.43-PM.png

One thing to keep in mind about small communities banning Bayo is that, given they either don't travel or have an overall weak playerbase anyway, they shouldn't be condemned for the rules they use if it means they can keep a healthy scene going in their region.

After all, nothing attracts newcomers more than "we banned a character you thought was OP after two weeks, join us for fair and balanced (and fun) tourneys."

One thing to keep in mind about small communities banning Bayo is that, given they either don't travel or have an overall weak playerbase anyway, they shouldn't be condemned for the rules they use if it means they can keep a healthy scene going in their region.

After all, nothing attracts newcomers more than "we banned a character you thought was OP after two weeks, join us for fair and balanced (and fun) tourneys."
Yeah this is what I've been thinking too. If you're never going to go to the big International Smash Tourneys and players in your community are complaining about her to the point where a ban is the best option then yeah... not much you can do but ban her.

Guys, if the trophy shop is only offering any I already got, does it mean I'm through?

Not all the generic trophies show up in the shop if I remember.

You should get a milestone notification when you get all the trophies (not a completed challenge). There should be 716 trophies without including DLC and 743 with DLC. I ended up getting all of them when grinding out Custom Moves and Mii costumes during Trophy Rush

PtM

Banned
Not all the generic trophies show up in the shop if I remember.

You should get a milestone notification when you get all the trophies (not a completed challenge). There should be 716 trophies without including DLC and 743 with DLC. I ended up getting all of them when grinding out Custom Moves and Mii costumes during Trophy Rush
That's okay, I just want to know if I should keep on looking out for new trophies in the shop.

Codeblue

Well, I went to my first tournament since Bayo and Corrin came out. I switched from Puff to Corrin and pretty much practiced Corrin exclusively for the last couple of months, granted I didn't have much time to devote. I was doing way better against friends that I typically can't take games off of, and online.

Went into this thinking "Gonna play Corrin exclusively and just grind, results be damned". Man, I got bodied in singles. I got knocked into losers early, went on a small run, then played this dude who had been trash talking me ever since my team knocked him out of doubles. Got destroyed game one and refused to go out like this, so I switched to Puff and took two quick games and fought my way back to top 8.

Finished 7th in Singles and 2nd in Doubles, so it was overall ok. It was a small 20-25 person local.

I think I'm just gonna explore and try to push the Puff metagame and pray for a patch. Clearly, none of the other 60 characters are clicking with me.

Well, I went to my first tournament since Bayo and Corrin came out. I switched from Puff to Corrin and pretty much practiced Corrin exclusively for the last couple of months, granted I didn't have much time to devote. I was doing way better against friends that I typically can't take games off of, and online.

Went into this thinking "Gonna play Corrin exclusively and just grind, results be damned". Man, I got bodied in singles. I got knocked into losers early, went on a small run, then played this dude who had been trash talking me ever since my team knocked him out of doubles. Got destroyed game one and refused to go out like this, so I switched to Puff and took two quick games and fought my way back to top 8.

Finished 7th in Singles and 2nd in Doubles, so it was overall ok. It was a small 20-25 person local.

I think I'm just gonna explore and try to push the Puff metagame and pray for a patch. Clearly, none of the other 60 characters are clicking with me.

Dont give up on having a second main, it helps.

Question, are miis still playable for tournaments? Not sure how they are being treated ever since EVO last year and the slight hate on customs. If so, I imagine they are forced to default moves. :(

I'm the same with Peach. Bayonetta is the closest to meshing with me, but with all the vitriol surrounding her I don't want to play her, lest someone get beat by me and bitch about it.
Peach and Bayonetta are my spirit animals.

Set up my wii u and I am ready to play smash!

Was gonna check discord, but did not realize the link Karticles put was a invitation that expires ( just made a Discord account so im still new to it).

Anyone care to send another invite? If not, then anyone want to go a few rounds 1v1?

Top Bottom