• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Bayonetta actually has to land a *solid* hit on you before she can do anything. Even the slowest characters can work around her if you're patient enough to look for openings.

FSLink

Banned
Also....Dtilt guns can force people to approach. And Bayonetta does so much better when she's punishing your approaches. She can also start some uair/upB combo starters off of her uthrow if the opponent DIs in, and I think fair strings if they DI away. Pretty easy to condition people to shield if you're using guns + doing shield pressure with bair. Nair is also super safe on shield. And if she gets the life lead, she can just run and force you to come to her, and punish approaches with one of either sideB/upB/Witch Time. A good Bayonetta shouldn't give you that many opportunities for openings unless they make mistakes since imo an optimal Bayonetta should be campy as fuck and predict one of your approaches and punish with a 0-death combo or a high damage string.

Not opposed to a defensive character for the meta, but the reward is a bit skewed at the moment which is why there's so much salt towards Bayo, lol

Though people in general need to play more patient against her. It's why I think Cloud does really well against her since charging Limit forces her to come to you, making it much more easier to condition her to burn Witch Time or use an unsafe move in pursuit of you.

PK Gaming

Bayo aside, the game's balance is in a really good place right now.

Look at these amazingly varied tournament results.

These aren't just good for Smash, these are good for fighting games period.

images

jnWake

Other than Witch Time I feel Bayo's specials are too fast. I didn't they know they were frame 4 but that seems way too good IMO.

G.ZZZ

Game is surely in a good spot right now, but bayo is so lame to watch , she just witch twist all the time and it's hard to punish that. She's too centralized on that OP move, she need a bit more lag on that imho. Wouldn't mind the game staying like it is now anyway.

TLink for president.

Honestly, while Bayo is certainly in need of adjustments, I can live with this meta personally. Buff Roy tho, those changes two patches ago weren't worth much at all =__=

no one uses Zelda :( i've been playing her a lot on For Glory recently and it's been fun. Praying that there's more patches to come and that they don't forget about her again

leroidys

Bayo aside, the game's balance is in a really good place right now.

Look at these amazingly varied tournament results.

These aren't just good for Smash, these are good for fighting games period.

images

Pretty varied, but it basically boils down to speed & frame advantage > *. Wish there were more viable axes of character strength, given how many fighters and playstyles there are.

Perhaps a counterpoint though (playing devil's advocate to my own post), I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Sonic.

PK Gaming

Pretty varied, but it basically boils down to speed & frame advantage > *. Wish there were more viable axes of character strength, given how many fighters and playstyles there are.

Perhaps a counterpoint though (playing devil's advocate to my own post), I'm a bit surprised at the lack of Sonic.

The characters who weren't used aren't necessarily unviable (as you've pointed out, Sonic was unused)

And some of the characters were used (ie: Robin, Palutena, Link, DK) don't necessarily excel at speed or frame data, so there's definitely a wider range of viable characters than before. You were absolutely right a few patches ago, but now? Pretty much any character's got a shot of placing well.

It's great.

EDIT: A G&W just placed 3rd at a regional with strong players. La Vida Es Buena

Rizzi

Is the Bumper Fighter Bundle the cheapest way to get all the characters and stages?
I'm assuming it is, but I figured it's best to check before I buy it.

PtM

Banned
Is the Bumper Fighter Bundle the cheapest way to get all the characters and stages?
I'm assuming it is, but I figured it's best to check before I buy it.
If you're talking about a download package, that's everything added up to the comma. You just save time.

leroidys

Did online for glory die for this game? Been away for a while and have been playing online again. I've lost one match in the past three days and I'm not great. I used to go pretty much 50/50.

i will never understand how anyone can fuck up this badly and make a character as bad as Zelda. She's fun to play but she has terrible everything :l imo the fact that they insist on incredibly tricky sweet spots to make most of her aerials mean something is terrible.

entremet

Random online is really becoming a place of decent to great players. Not many scrubs in sight.

Either that or I'm the scrub lol.

FSLink

Banned
I made 10th in the Hawaii Power Rankings! :D
Hawaii's PR list has my main as "random" lol

Hard work is finally paying off. Now I need to actually win a tourney....

RomanceDawn

I made 10th in the Hawaii Power Rankings! :D
Hawaii's PR list has my main as "random" lol

Hard work is finally paying off. Now I need to actually win a tourney....

Good job!

i've been so hooked on Pokken lately I almost completely forgot about Smash. I've barely had any time to enjoy the new patch. Hearing about Mewtwo winning that big tournament and Jiggly doing well in that other does my heart good!

Any other crazy upsets lately?

Top Bottom