• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

CPCunha

I'm having such a hard time killing duckhunt with MGW... a friend picked the damn dog and i lost like 7 matches in a row... WTF, this is driving me insane.

They would Ban Bayonetta before banning Corrin.......alrighty then. -.- #CorrinCounterSalt

Like, how may tournaments have had Bayo winning? I haven't been paying much attention. honestly....its not like shes Metaknight Brawl bad.

They would Ban Bayonetta before banning Corrin.......alrighty then. -.- #CorrinCounterSalt

Like, how may tournaments have had Bayo winning? I haven't been paying much attention. honestly....its not like shes Metaknight Brawl bad.
Zero majors.

ZeRo's excuse for not using her is that he loves the game too much and doesn't want to destroy the community.

After camping with Sheik for a year.

PK Gaming

Apparently Spain hasn't officially banned her yet.

qE6OM8g.png

They already nerfed the heck out of Corrin's counter!

Banning a character who hasn't even remotely put up the results to justify it in the two months that they've been out seems like a dumb move to me.

Diddy was a far bigger offender in 1.0.

Nightbird

The whole thing with Bayonetta is ridiculous, and really shows what's wrong if the community.

Banning something on the possible outcome of her dominating the metagame is absolutely ridiculous. But that's how we are right now: Ban first, verify later.

The whole thing with Bayonetta is ridiculous, and really shows what's wrong if the community.

Banning something on the possible outcome of her dominating the metagame is absolutely ridiculous. But that's how we are right now: Ban first, verify later.

I guess the community is following Batman's philosophy from BvS.

"If we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty."

Everyone is deathly afraid of Bayonetta becoming the Brawl MK of this game. The only issue is that we don't have much results as of yet, and of course people are gonna lose to her given they haven't had time to fully learn the matchup yet.

People however aren't willing to wait, and it's ridiculous. I'd rather suffer 5 months of upsets than set a ban-happy precedent because "oh well maybe we'll get a patch later."

Codeblue

Banning Bayonetta is laughable. The community was split on Metaknight and he actually had a long long long record of dominating top 8s. Bayonetta hasn't won a major yet. It sucks that she's such a threat at mid level of play, but until she's breaking the game at the top level, this isn't a discussion worth having.

JulianImp

Everyone is deathly afraid of Bayonetta becoming the Brawl MK of this game. The only issue is that we don't have much results as of yet, and of course people are gonna lose to her given they haven't had time to fully learn the matchup yet.

People however aren't willing to wait, and it's ridiculous. I'd rather suffer 5 months of upsets than set a ban-happy precedent because "oh well maybe we'll get a patch later."

The weirdest part is that there's a huge difference between Smash 4 and every other prior game in the franchise, and it's that they can and have been patching the game continously, even releasing an update a couple weeks ago when they've already said there would be no new characters or stages released (at least until a NX version hits, I guess). If Bayo does end up ruling over the competitive scene with an iron fist, there's nothing that would prevent Nintendo from releasing a new patch to keep her in check.

GenG3000

I know from personal experience that the Spanish Smash community is very entitled. It's basically a bunch of friends ruling the whole thing as they please, having the last say on everything. Probably some of the top dogs never had true Bayo experience until those matches and had to vent out by wanting to ban her.

Most things regarding the matter have been been painful to read.

Cronox

Banned
As far as I'm concerned, once the next official tier list comes out every character above Bowser should be banned. For balance, of course.

As far as I'm concerned, once the next official tier list comes out every character above Bowser should be banned. For balance, of course.

It'll eventually become everyone above Zelda.

New metagame becomes Zelda's only, Final Destination, Smashballs on high.

105.Will

Really glad I didn't return to this thread to see a bunch of shit slinging about Bayonetta.
<3
. Banning her is ridiculous.

I think the Bayonetta hate is overblown. She'll get adjusted. I mean shit, all she really needs is a more punishable Up B and the ability to DI out of her combos and she won't be broken.

FSLink

Banned
I think the Bayonetta hate is overblown. She'll get adjusted. I mean shit, all she really needs is a more punishable Up B and the ability to DI out of her combos and she won't be broken.

IMO just get rid of her 0-deaths and make grounded upB slower and she'd be fine.

Cronox

Banned

The problem is, if it becomes too easy to DI out of her combos it'll break her as a character. She's a tough one to patch, she's designed entirely around what people hate about her.

jnWake

Honestly if Bayo could only do one up B instead of two she'd be a lot more balanced. Maybe even make it longer but only one.

mStudios

Why wasn't Diddy banned?

People complaining about Bayonetta are salty as hell. Diddy could literally killed you from up-air around 70%-80% and wasn't banned at all.

And Zero is an hypocrite.

Git gud

I gotta show this thread some love, anyone down for some games, my NNID is Strap230. Always looking to fight good players.

PS: Glad that Bayo is getting banned, she needs some work, ie, patches...please Sakurai....fighting a Tourney level Bayo is just insane!!

Hungry box for president! His first ruling would be buffing jiggz. Make jigglez great again!
I love using her even now though

Also, it's true that diddy did not get any hate in comparison.....maybe it was cause he is easier/safer to use compared to the glass cannon that bayo is?

I honestly hope the Spanish community gets some sense in what they are trying to do.....

JulianImp

So this time it's Shamrock accepting a fight request instead of making it... how times have changed.

Actually, I think most of us use the discord chat to arrange games, and even then there aren't that many people looking for a fight whenever I drop by.

So this time it's Shamrock accepting a fight request instead of making it... how times have changed.

Actually, I think most of us use the discord chat to arrange games, and even then there aren't that many people looking for a fight whenever I drop by.
I've given up asking for matches on here or the discord lol. But if I see a request I'll respond!

Top Bottom