• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
If Takamaru ever shows up in Smash he will hopefully look like this:

D0HmuY0.png

Just a faithful update of the Famicom look.

Neiteio

I'm surprised they actually used it in a commercial.
It's just a montage of different character reaction shots. There's no particular focus on Luigi, he's just one of many.

Nintendo did focus on the Luigi Death Stare during their E3 Direct when they talked about Amiibo coming to MK8, though.

ffdgh

It's just a montage of different character reaction shots. There's no particular focus on Luigi, he's just one of many.

Nintendo did focus on the Luigi Death Stare during their E3 Direct when they talked about Amiibo coming to MK8, though.

I know. It's still weird to see Nintendo actually acknowledge it lol.

Village

Luigi just making that money

Haha I see now. I'm not surprised that this happened for that OP scene.

A little backstory ( you probably don't care ) the original was made by dude ( who took it off you tube it seems ) part of this not too known abridging group, they are pretty good. Forget all their names though, anyways they do abridge more moe stuff instead of the DBZ and one peice kind of thing. Its actually pretty funny if a bit random.

Marow

I keep seeing Takamura mentioned every now and then. Is there a reason as to why people want him in Smash? Has there been hints, or?

I keep seeing Takamura mentioned every now and then. Is there a reason as to why people want him in Smash? Has there been hints, or?
I think it's split between people wanting a samurai character and his recent "appearance" in Nintendoland. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him in, if only to see Heath lose his mind.

Ahnez

I like how Japanese singers can pronounce spot-on "la" sounds. If you're a classically trained vocalist in Japan, do you have to learn a bunch of phonetics you couldn't normally pronounce in order to sing in Latin and Italian and stuff?
You wouldn't believe how hard it is for a japanese to learn how to pronounce those sounds.

I believe those vocalists are trained to say any sound, because the japanese language is very rigid and very limited phonetically

-Horizon-

The Luigi Death Stare or Palutena Woop Woop?

...the Palutena one

<.<

>.>

Luigi just making that money

A little backstory ( you probably don't care ) the original was made by dude ( who took it off you tube it seems ) part of this not too known abridging group, they are pretty good. Forget all their names though, anyways they do abridge more moe stuff instead of the DBZ and one peice kind of thing. Its actually pretty funny if a bit random.
Never actually seen any of the moe abridges on YT. I didn't even know there were groups who work on them, only the bigger shows.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and

Sakurai talked about putting him in Smash if he showed up in some more games during Brawl's development.

Not

Banned
You wouldn't believe how hard it is for a japanese to learn how to pronounce those sounds.

I believe those vocalists are trained to say any sound, because the japanese language is very rigid and very limited phonetically

That's what I'm thinking! How much practice would it take to even be able to sing accurately in any European language?? The dedication blows my mind

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, During (or After) Melee development, Sakurai mentioned Takamaru in his developer blog (or answering someone's question about Takamaru) He said that Takamaru need to be in game again before he considered to put him in Smash.

He missed the boat in Brawl which isn't surprising. However he got in WarioWare FIY, Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warrior 3 and NintendoLand. After seeing his mini game in NintendoLand, I thought that they might want casual players to be more familiar with Takamaru's IP before they might make a new REBOOT.

I was hoping that it might meant something for Takamaru to become playable character in Smash Bros. Also I saw Fat Mac being trophy so I hope that Sakurai would take a notice that Takamaru was also in Cap Rainbow as well.

Here is the hope that Takamaru will ever make in Smash Bros 4, but I seriously doubt that he would now.

georly

I guess this is one of link's custom moves

uHu1PCI.gif

Lightning boomerang.

Vs the normal gale boomerang

V3rI0Ul.gif

(made the gifs myself, sorry if it's been pointed out before)

Ahnez

That's what I'm thinking! How much practice would it take to even be able to sing accurately in any European language?? The dedication blows my mind
It takes a lot of effort.

Just to put in perspective..

Iwata's english is really, REALLY good for a japanese

Village

Never actually seen any of the moe abridges on YT. I didn't even know there were groups who work on them, only the bigger shows.

Yeah, after kaizerneko simultaneous thought everyone how to edit good and up the anti on abridged editing to get your series half way looked at requires decent editng. Good editing takes time, along with that writting with more people seems to work out better than just one guy. And the you need multiple actors, so there are teams spread across youtube.

Here is the guy who made the thing, withe woop woop btw If you are interested check him out and the people on his " check em out section" because those are the rest of the people on his team, and regularly will be voice and abridging different stuff. These guys don't do the team 4 star We are working on DBZ and maybe two other things, the generally bounce around popular anime and do a lot of one shots.

If you want something Pokemon related you could go to 1kidsentertainment, or if you wanna watch the best Pokemon fan thing created ever? You can watch this Purple Eyes video, Imma get me a sweet as pokemans.

" what pokemans is that?"
" thats a sparrow, throw a rock at that shit "

CorvoSol

She's always such a bitch with her taunts. Between that and Smash's "Oh, did I win?" you just want her to lose everything.

You can be a total bitch when you're the God-Queen of a world spanning Empire with a two-man military force majeure so powerful that your most powerful rivals cannot even threaten them when they're unarmed.

The deepest lore.

Takamaru would be one of the perfect choices for a retro pick. It'd be great to have Link, Takamaru, Samus and Pit together.

He could offer something unique with his abilities. Especially with his invisibility.

He's had a couple of cameos in games: WarioWario DIY, Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3 (playable character, with his own missions), and has a Nintendo Land mini-game.

Sakurai talked about putting him in Smash if he showed up in some more games during development.

^ This too

Although, I thought it was if he got a new game.

-Horizon-

15 minutes? :3c

Yeah, after kaizerneko simultaneous thought everyone how to edit good and up the anti on abridged editing to get your series half way looked at requires decent editng. Good editing takes time, along with that writting with more people seems to work out better than just one guy. And the you need multiple actors, so there are teams spread across youtube.

Here is the guy who made the thing, withe woop woop btw If you are interested check him out and the people on his " check em out section" because those are the rest of the people on his team, and regularly will be voice and abridging different stuff. These guys don't do the team 4 star We are working on DBZ and maybe two other things, the generally bounce around popular anime and do a lot of one shots.

If you want something Pokemon related you could go to 1kidsentertainment, or if you wanna watch the best Pokemon fan thing created ever? You can watch this Purple Eyes video, Imma get me a sweet as pokemans.

" what pokemans is that?"
" thats a sparrow, throw a rock at that shit "
I clicked the first link to his channel and the Free! video started automatically. 50 seconds well spent, will check out more of his videos lol
And 1KE is good, Death Note abridge continues when?? ;-;

I'M FINISHED!

He's had a couple of cameos in games: WarioWario DIY, Captain Rainbow, Samurai Warriors 3 (playable character, with his own missions), and has a Nintendo Land mini-game.

^ This too

Although, I thought it was if he got a new game.

The appearances in games that you listed above should be enough. I don't know if Sakurai meant anything more specific, but that didn't stop awesome characters like the Ice Climbers from making the cut.

Neiteio

i've got to play strikers some day

or just look at all the art maybe?
OK, done eating and both hands freed. Lemme elaborate on why Strikers is so great.

First, watch this video. It's the FMV opening to the game, which establishes the surprisingly dark and edgy atmosphere. You have brooding thunderstorms, scorched landscapes, exploding turf, driving wind and rain, bloodthirsty crowds, electric fences, and armor-clad warriors beating the shit out of each other, hellfire in their eyes (literally)! They manage to maintain the Mario brand's playful charm while offering up this hard-hitting style that is SO refreshing after the bland homogeneity of just about every other Mario spinoff out there.

And this is maintained all throughout the game, with exceedingly clever stadium venues where, for example, referees watch the game from atop Blooper towers, or cows and tractors go tumbling by, Twister-style, as the game plays out atop a wind-whipped cliff. The loading screens rumble with ominous bass drums meant to evoke thunder, and the menus are depicted in futuristic holograms that make you think you're playing Mario vs. Judge Dredd (which I would totally fucking play, let me tell you).

The gameplay in Strikers is the real deal, too. You really feel each bone-crunching blow. Let me emphasize that phrase: bone-crunching blow. I mean, you're shoulder-checking fools with generous hit-stun, into lightning barriers that then immolate them on the spot, while you steal away with the ball and blast it back and forth between your team, which can consist of any combination of Koopas, Hammer Bros, Dry Bones, Boos, Monty Moles, etc. They all have unique abilities, like Hammer Bros unleashing a flurry of hammers, Monty Moles burrowing to the goal, Boos absorbing the ball and phasing through the other team, etc. And then you have your captain, which can be anyone from Waluigi doing "suck it" crotch chops, to Daisy literally licking her finger and touching her ass and releasing steam. These guys wield superpowers, like Waluigi whipping the ball with a thorny black vine, or Daisy encasing her fist in spiky crystals before punching the ball in a Super Saiyan volley.

Then as the goaltender (Kritter, the Kremling), you point the Wiimote at the screen and tag each incoming ball with pinpoint precision, striking down all that you can during the Charge Shot sequences that can net the enemy multiple points if you're not careful. It takes fast reflexes and is exceedingly satisfying to block every shot. In a hypothetical WiiU sequel, I wouldn't mind them using the GamePad in shield mode for similar purposes.

And man, that's what the Strikers series deserves -- a sequel on WiiU. It's an incredibly fun multiplayer game since it's all on a single screen, like Smash, so it would only benefit from the clarity of HD. You and a buddy can team up in local co-op in Charged and go online together to challenge other teams. I can't stress enough how fun this is (or was, before they shut down online services). Every match is harrowing and intense. Rarely in my experience is it a blowout. I suppose it also helps that there are Mario Kart-style items, but they hardly feel unfair or overpowered compared to how they can sometimes be in the Kart series. They're second fiddle, really, next to the captain powers and abilities of your handpicked team.

Strikers Charged is AMAZING. Best Mario spinoff not named "Kart." Depending on my mood, it may even exceed MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom