• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

L Thammy

Oh, hey, there's another "leak". I've been away from these threads too long.

I refuse to believe in any Smash roster with the Duck Hunt Dog. If that's the actual game's select screen, I will go to the store and buy another copy because someone has obviously sold me the first Wii U bootleg.

Durden77

If it was a combination of things in the game I'm going to have to put my foot down that Snake was a major part of it, if only because I literally cannot think of anything else.

But I didn't even remember Master Hand so please destroy my very faulty reasoning.

Well for instance Fox's blaster looked nearly like a real gun.

fox_070621c-l.jpg

Over all weird themes in the SSE. Samus being drug by Ridley, R.O.B.s pretty much destroying worlds and their tragic little story, Master hand and things. Lots of stuff in Brawl was weird and darkly themed.

You leave Snake alone he even stopped smoking for Nintendo. That's determination.

What kills this list is the lack of options for Miis, and also

1276285-039jigglypuff.png

This art looks like it experienced a bit of shopping.
The is an option for Miis, it's a separate menu that was leaked. And looks like they made the same mistake with shopping Greninja's official art for XY lol.

L Thammy

Over all weird themes in the SSE. Samus being drug by Ridley, R.O.B.s pretty much destroying worlds and their tragic little story, Master hand and things. Lots of stuff in Brawl was weird and darkly themed.

Fun fact. Suda51 is listed in the special thanks section of Brawl's credits.

jnWake

I bet Sakurai will post a stupidly troll-ish image just like he did for the Palutena "leak". Or maybe he decides to reveal Lucas and absolutely destroy the leak.

My friend just pointed out something else.

Compare:
http://i.gyazo.com/0023c8269109b326c8f8f03dc314f343.png
http://i2.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ssb4-leak-2.png

The series icon are behind Sheik and Pikachu's heads in the real screenshot, but not behind these characters in the leak.

The REALLY weird thing is that this part of the leak still has the icons... super weird inconsistencies, dude.

Smash-Bros.-Friday-30.jpg

That is from Smash Run

Which is also why the lv is displayed, it's a Smash Run thing (probably? who knows!)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I bet Sakurai will post a stupidly troll-ish image just like he did for the Palutena "leak". Or maybe he decides to reveal Lucas and absolutely destroy the leak.

Here's Lucas...we were saving him for DLC, but we thought we'd reveal him tonight!

Neiteio

That's definitely a serious strike against it being real, but then again, the fact that no one has been able to source the new renders is just as serious a strike against it being fake.
Honestly, if it's real, it's probably just them naming different builds to keep track what they use for what. Treehouse said they routinely receive new builds with new content. At some point they'd receive the one used for ESRB submission. I don't think it's that farfetched to think they might name it and then gather their videos/screens from there.

Berordn

Well for instance Fox's blaster looked nearly like a real gun.

fox_070621c-l.jpg

You leave Snake alone he even stopped smoking for Nintendo. That's determination.

It's a different from Melee's but I'd argue that also looked like a real gun. Pretty much all the other stuff was fantasy violence, but none of it ever seemed so extreme as to warrant a T.

But I dunno. Brawl's T rating was always a mystery to me anyway, since it seemed pretty consistent with E10+ guidelines.

MrBadger

To whoever made that fake.

Your work will be forgotten forever in less than a month.

This is why I have some faith in it to be honest. Making all those 3D renders for a brief spark of hype before everything dies down just doesn't feel worth it.

Plus I feel like they would have hit Gaf or /v/ way sooner than they did if this was just a tricky trickster trying to stir up the community.

Almost jumped out of my seat whilst playing Xillia 2 when I saw that fake leak, lol.

I'm fine with any leak that contains Shulk in it. Dude's the first thing I look for when a new leak is posted.

If I had to guess when the next newcomer trailer will be, it would have to be by the end of August at the very latest. The earliest being next Monday. Or at least that's what I hope.

Revven

I wish I could defend a leak based off only seeing menus and no convincing gameplay shots lel

I wonder what you thought of Brawl's CSS leak lol. That was just an image and no one posted video footage.

Granted, it was I think at least closer to release of the game but it's definitely a similar scenario (although the CSS was in Japanese if I recall).

JediLink

I don't know why, but I'm genuinely frustrated that so many people are falling for this.
I'm legitimately frustrated that so many people are in denial. Text leaks are all fun and games, but when when a big picture blowout happens less than a month from release you know shit is getting real.

Kouichi

But it's not. All you have to do is rotate the camera to what you see fit, and brighten the colors to fit Smash 4's art style.

Nah you won't get that pose no matter how much mess round with the camera. If it it's fake, it would have to have been edited. Though given the amount of effort put into this supposed leak put into all the other characters, I doubt he would have just slightly edited Falco's brawl model.

Neiteio

Different angle than the SSB artwork. The Jigglypuff artworks look near identical in pose and angle.
Yeah, different angle as in looking the other way. My point is, Sakurai closely follows the original art when making some renders. See Greninja, Palutena, Lucina, etc.

But there are also percentages there...

They're from different moments during Smash Run. I got to play it, you see different stuff at different times. It's hard to explain without seeing the upper screen and what they're doing right at that moment, but this is potentially explainable.

Or it could be a slip-up and it's all fake.

I'm just saying that it's not necessarily inconsistent.

If this does end up being real, it's very interesting that Gematsu would be vindicated again - via Shulk - and yet debunked again, via Chorus Kids.

Can't even begin to figure that one out...

Neiteio

If this is a fake, it sure is a lot of effort to put into something where a single character reveal during PotD would disprove the entire effort. It's leaking in the middle of the week when more veterans can be shown at any time, too.

SaikyoBro

They're from different moments during Smash Run. I got to play it, you see different stuff at different times. It's hard to explain without seeing the upper screen and what they're doing right at that moment, but this is potentially explainable.

Or it could be a slip-up and it's all fake.

I'm just saying that it's not necessarily inconsistent.

Yeah I know what you mean dude.

#TeamInBetween

Durden77

This is why I have some faith in it to be honest. Making all those 3D renders for a brief spark of hype before everything dies down just doesn't feel worth it.

Plus I feel like they would have hit Gaf or /v/ way sooner than they did if this was just a tricky trickster trying to stir up the community.

Yeah but don't you remember this?

NHJWFdb.png

Some people are crazy, man.

georly

If this does end up being real, it's very interesting that Gematsu would be vindicated again - via Shulk - and yet debunked again, via Chorus Kids.

Empty slots tell me it's not 100% unlocked. I'm still praying for my ice climbers. Biggest hit to me if they're not in. Cry-worthy.

L Thammy

Travis Touchdown as DLC confirmed.
Travis.gif

You joke, but he's going to be in the starting lineup of Smash 5. You mark my words.

Wtf....you're right. I love Suda. Had no idea about this. Weeeeiiirddd....

I really, really want to know why this is. Maybe it's just that Sakurai is friends with Suda and shot some ideas by him? For the record, Suda did make some comment about wanting Travis Touchdown in Smash. Probably not a serious comment.

Neiteio

DLC. Even if it was a different dude who suggested that, I still could see Chorus Kids being a fun DLC idea.

Top Bottom