• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

co1onel

What bothers me about this leak is that dr mario, dark pit and lucina are not next to the other characters of their respective series on the char select screen. Am I missing something?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah but don't you remember this?

NHJWFdb.png

Some people are crazy, man.

Holy shit that is beautiful. I wasn't aware of this existing. It's plucked straight from my dreams.

What about the fact that ESRB doesn't really play the games?

So, not that I think this is real, but when making a video for the ESRB to identify possibly ratings-sensitive content, you usually need to include things like naming options in there.

Theoretically, if you were making a video for them (the 3DS shots have no borders between screens, so it would have to be a capture device-recorded video), you would enter in a basic name. For your own record keeping, or maybe because you can't think of anything else, maybe ESRB + Identifier number would make sense.

If this does end up being real, it's very interesting that Gematsu would be vindicated again - via Shulk - and yet debunked again, via Chorus Kids.

Can't even begin to figure that one out...

I'd be legitimately disappointed if Chrous Men (or any RH rep, for that matter) weren't playable. It's such a fun idea and it would pave the way for a lot of well-deserved RH content.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just noticed Jr. is indeed hanging off the side of the KCC.

I really, really want more pics...what if this is it?

I remember a lot of people doubting Toon Link and Rob when that leak happened

Not saying this is real or fake, but I don't think we can 100% confirm or deny it based upon anything in the actual images as it looks like everything was originally rendered either by the Smash team or the faker.

The thing people who think it fake should be latching on to is the whole ESRB thing when they allegedly don't play the game. Now this could be explained if the video they sent used that custom name, but yeah it's easily the most suspect part of this leak

Cody_D165

Banned
What bothers me about this leak is that dr mario, dark pit and lucina are not next to the other characters of their respective series on the char select screen. Am I missing something?

They're all clones. Is this weird organization? Yes. Impossible? Probably not.

Neiteio

So, not that I think this is real, but when making a video for the ESRB to identify possibly ratings-sensitive content, you usually need to include things like naming options in there.

Theoretically, if you were making a video for them (the 3DS shots have no borders between screens, so it would have to be a capture device-recorded video), you would enter in a basic name. For your own record keeping, or maybe because you can't think of anything else, maybe ESRB + Identifier number would make sense.
Yep, that's what I've been saying. If nothing else, these builds are iterative, it stands to reason they'd track them in various ways.

Kouichi

My theory is that Sakurai or the faker set them like that because they are all former alt costumes turned playable characters.

Clov

If the DLC part of the leak is real, I'll be pretty happy overall. Otherwise I'll be upset.

Duck Hunt Dog looks great though!

Fireblend

Banned
So, who says this is the full roster? If it is I don't like the way the rows are organized. I say there's still a way for Lucas, Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids and the other are in.

Or, you know, just Lucas.

Please come back Lucas T_T

God, that was so awesome. Looking at it for the first time and knowing it could never be real... that hurt.

Still, that's one excellent render. But twelve?

They've had enough time to whip tons of renders up. The only danger is potentially making one and having it be revealed as a trophy or something before you can 'leak' everything.

What's interesting is the brinstar stage was revealed yesterday, but it's in here, and the guy posting the pics in this thread said that he'd been sitting on these pics for a while. Which I'm suspicious about being true or not.

Cody_D165

Banned
doc getting back but not mewtwo would be craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

I agree dude. I would have pinned Doc as an alt for Mario no doubt. But it does kinda fit Sakurai's Lucina logic. The pills vs. fireballs difference alone might justify Doc's slot to Sakurai.

As long as Doc gets Tornado for down B instead of FLUDD tho I'm for him. But Mewtwo's absence makes me kinda wish this is fake, as much as I love the idea of Duck Hunt Dog.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I guess Dr. Mario "technically" just got a new game, more or less, in Dr. Luigi.

I'm late on this but why is the UI in bottom left different from everything else?

Smash Run I think.

The bottom of the screen looks like an area from it.

Hatchtag

Banned
Anyone else mention how there's exactly 5 spaces for characters on the CSS, same amount as the mentioned DLC? Plus, Star Fox, Retro, Third Party, and Earthbound characters are all towards the empty spaces at the bottom.

Anth0ny

I'd be happy if this was real just for Snake's return alone. To me, he takes priority over Ridley, K Rool, Mewtwo and just about anyone else.

nintendo villains getting the shaft doe

Neiteio

Anyone else mention how there's exactly 5 spaces for characters on the CSS, same amount as the mentioned DLC? Plus, Star Fox, Retro, Third Party, and Earthbound characters are all towards the empty spaces at the bottom.
It's since been clarified the DLC rumor came from an anonymous user separate from the person who dumped the screenshots

That said, I anticipate there'd be DLC to round out those gaps

Top Bottom