• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 12: Gwah, hah. Welcome to the Bowser's game.

Neiteio

Is it just me or does Shulk look like he has Robin's exact same face in that pic?
Not really

QMw4yOU.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If this is the final roster, my big problems with it are:
-Bowser Jr. in over K Rool or Ridley
-DK only having two reps
-Kid Icarus getting three reps while other, bigger series have two, even if one of them is a clone
-Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Snake being cut.
-Duck Hunt Dog being in
-Roy not returning despite being arguably just as easy to bring back as Dr. Mario

It still looks like there are spaces.

Plus this matches up with the text leak on Smashboards which also mentioned Dixie and Ridley.

Toxi

Banned
Guys, the DLC is not part of the same leak.

I messed up, I apologize, but it wasn't the same poster. The one posting the leak was an Anon, the guy making the DLC statement had a username.
A trip isn't the same thing as a user name. You can change your trip whenever you want and it's generally encouraged to post without one.

Hatchtag

Banned
Take a look at the Falco render.

1201600910678lq0.jpg

As with Wario, very similar pose, but the render's a bit different. Falco's collar shows in the Icon, while it's now shown in that picture. Also, the colors seem a bit different.

It still looks like there are spaces.

Plus this matches up with the text leak on Smashboards which also mentioned Dixie and Ridley.

That would save this leak for me, honestly. Combine this with the DLC thing and I'd be 100% fine with this leak.

Neiteio

That Falco shot proves nothing, since the roster screen shows his chest

I don't know why, but I'm genuinely frustrated that so many people are falling for this.
I wouldn't bet money on it being real, but I wouldn't bet money on it being fake, either

Until the renders are properly sourced, it seems plausible

Juansho

Banned
If this is the final roster, my big problems with it are:
-Bowser Jr. in over K Rool or Ridley
-DK only having two reps
-Kid Icarus getting three reps while other, bigger series have two, even if one of them is a clone
-Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, and Snake being cut.
-Duck Hunt Dog being in
-Roy not returning despite being arguably just as easy to bring back as Dr. Mario

Kid Icarus does not deserve more than 2 reps, hell, I didn't even want more Kid Icarus characters than Pit (although now, with the palutena inclusion, i'm kinda liking her), and FREAKING DONKEY KONG NEEDS FUCKIN' 3 CHARACTERS

Growlie19

I don't know what to think about the leak. On one hand, the roster lacks the Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas, but then again, it gains Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, and Bowser Jr.. The customization menu is spot on, but the stage select screen is too blurry to discern much. I'd need to see an in-battle picture to give my final answer on the matter. I'll put my allegiance on #TeamFake for now.

Durden77

Snake's realistic looking weapons and certain extreme looking elements like his grab. So basically, yeah.

Otherwise it's not like it was a huge departure from SSBM in terms of the way the cartoon violence was depicted. Certain content descriptors for the ESRB changed between SSBB and SSBM but the latter probably would've been labeled as E10+ had the rating existed. Snake is the biggest departure between the two at that point.

But this is all just conjecture on my part. I don't think this thing is real in any way and maybe they've reconciled something about Snake so that he's still in Smash 4 without bumping up the rating in the event he ever did. I don't actually have any insight on how Smash got rated.

Also... what blood on master hand? All I remember are the holes from being a ripped glove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRl-3tPFXw8&t=0m45s

Always looked like blood to me. Definitely has a red tint. I still doubt it was Snake that got the game bumped up to T. I don't see a few explosive weapons doing that. It was a combination of things in the game as a whole.

Ryce

As with Wario, very similar pose, but the render's a bit different. Falco's collar shows in the Icon, while it's now shown in that picture. Also, the colors seem a bit different.
I'm not saying that's the source of the Falco render, but stuff like that could be Photoshopped in literally minutes. The incredibly low resolution and off-screen nature of this leak helps hide a lot of the technical flaws, too.

Berordn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRl-3tPFXw8&t=0m45s

Always looked like blood to me. Definitely has a red tint. I still doubt it was Snake that got the game bumped up to T. I don't see a few explosive weapons doing that. It was a combination of things in the game as a whole.

If it was a combination of things in the game I'm going to have to put my foot down that Snake was a major part of it, if only because I literally cannot think of anything else.

But I didn't even remember Master Hand so please destroy my very faulty reasoning.

My friend just pointed out something else.

Compare:
http://i.gyazo.com/0023c8269109b326c8f8f03dc314f343.png
http://i2.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ssb4-leak-2.png

The series icon are behind Sheik and Pikachu's heads in the real screenshot, but not behind these characters in the leak.

The REALLY weird thing is that this part of the leak still has the icons... super weird inconsistencies, dude.

I think the pic with the Duck Hunt Dog is not from the character select screen, but from a post-character select screen, maybe the stage select or a loading screen.

Neiteio

I'm not saying that's the source of the Falco render, but stuff like that could be Photoshopped in literally minutes. The incredibly low resolution and off-screen nature of this leak helps hide a lot of the technical flaws, too.
It could be real, is my take on it. Those renders are incredibly good. They have the same sensibility to them as all of the real renders, something no fakes have been able to accomplish so far. And here we have multiple such renders. I say it's worth acknowledging the possibility it may be real. No one should take a hard stance either way, IMO. And like I said, the nice part is it won't be long before we know.

My friend just pointed out something else.

Compare:
http://i.gyazo.com/0023c8269109b326c8f8f03dc314f343.png
http://i2.wp.com/shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ssb4-leak-2.png

The series icon are behind Sheik and Pikachu's heads in the real screenshot, but not behind these characters in the leak.

The REALLY weird thing is that this part of the leak still has the icons... super weird inconsistencies, dude.

The latter screenshot from the leak that still has the icons is for CP fighters. In the leak, human fighters have their icons moved to the top banner.

Hatchtag

Banned
So you think Kid Icarus doesn't deserve three reps while you want FE to have five?

I love Uprising and think it deserves three reps. But I don't think Starfox and DK having two and Earthbound having one while KI has three seems right at all. And I do think FE deserves five reps, especially since two of them are clones.

SaikyoBro

I think the pic with the Duck Hunt Dog is not from the character select screen, but from a post-character select screen, maybe the stage select or a loading screen.

I would say that's grasping but the fact that the background seems to be different tells me you're probably right.

I'm not saying this is real, but... man, I don't know.

L Thammy

My friend mentioned the other day that he wants Hyrule Warriors' Ganondorf to replace classic Ganondorf. He's afraid that "Sakurai won't have enough time to add him", which is, uh. But I thought it was interesting to hear.

Side note, does anyone else thing that the stages in the Wii U version are much more plain than the 3DS version?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yep, this is definately based off the Smashboard leak...mentioned IC, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake being cut, Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. (let's see the Koopaling alts), Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Ridley, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and Dixie were mentioned in a seperate post that appeared on /v/ around the same time, which also mentioned Jr. and DHD. So...unknown if those are true.

If we have two legit sources, perhaps the first took these pictures which is why Ridley and the other three are absent.

Galang

Banned
I gotta say that's a pretty good fake (if it is) as the models look nice. I'm glad its likely not real as it still gives Lucas a chance

Top Bottom