• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

DedValve

Banned
I really don't think the Direct is speaking in terms of fiscal years. The Direct was for the fans and was scripted in laymen's terms. It's probably not so precise as to reflect the literal calendar winter, either. It probably just means "holiday season." In other words, late November to mid-December.

I would certainly hope so but my faith in Nintendo has plummeted. Not in their quality of games but in the decisions they make with them.

It's going to be a haaaaard wait to avoid playing the 3ds version. Goddamn.

Kriken

OT7 theprodigy vs IntelliHeath! FIGHT.

I6GSf.gif

Holy crap, I just leaked some shit from my ass, here's what it tells me:

Chibi-Robo
Sora and Geno tag team
Birdo sprite
Tommy Pickles

T-T

I honestly do wish he was "leaked" just like Chorus Men/Marshal so that more people would put him on their roster/discuss him more.

*shrug*

In terms of the FD stuff, I have this instinctual feeling that in the final version there will be a toggle for platforms/no platforms.

Lunar15

Still bummed about the release dates being so separated. Wii U version is going to be old news by the time it comes out. Hopefully the Wii U version will have some extra surprises.

Azure J

|OT7| Your Favorite Character is Cut. CUUUUUUT!
|OT7| Everything Was Final Destination
|OT7| Cut la Cut
|OT7| All of my characters are cut

Drago

T-T

I honestly do wish he was "leaked" just like Chorus Men/Marshal so that more people would put him on their roster/discuss him more.

*shrug*
Hey man, Chibi-Robo is my most wanted newcomer too! Sorry if my bad joke post made it seem like I didn't want him, har har

I wish that more people would consider him but I guess he's just really unknown over here. The DS games sold pretty decently in Japan though, makes me wonder if there's any Japanese demand for the character.

DaBoss

Speaking of E3, do you guys think there will be Developer Directs again? That was probably the best part about Nintendo's E3 last year. The devs got to talk about the game to us.

I'm hoping they do that again and allow Sakurai to talk more about the game to us.

ffdgh

Speaking of E3, do you guys think there will be Developer Directs again? That was probably the best part about Nintendo's E3 last year. The devs got to talk about the game to us.

I'm hoping they do that again and allow Sakurai to talk more about the game to us.

Yes please. It's nice getting a detailed view of upcomming games.

I hope they do those alongside an actual conference.

WFU did release on the eShop in October/November but the physical release wasn't until December/January.

no, that was "holiday 2013", "winter 2013" was either December or the following year (for physical releases)

Huh. I remember whatever evidence it was being persuasive enough to convince a mod to change the thread title to remove mention of 2015 in the thread title...

Found it.

"Winter" has referred to retail skus as early as october.

If it's the same guy as before, the guy who confirmed Villager (despite Sakurai saying otherwise) and Wii Fit Trainer (despite no one guessing WFT) and Mega Man (despite everyone thinking he was no longer relevant enough), all right before E3, and who also said Little Mac was coming... If it's the same guy, I think it has a good chance of panning out.
Do you have a quote where Sakurai said "otherwise" about Villager?

jnWake

Winter means early December/late November for Smash's release... I hope. The game looks quite far along so I don't see delays happening, since the roster will be finalized by then anyway.

I can only see the game slipping if they have a major release scheduled for November, like Zelda or Pokken or something big.

Neiteio

Do you have a quote where Sakurai said "otherwise" about Villager?
Sakurai had previously shown a slide with Nintendog and Villager that said "characters like these wouldn't make for fighters" or something like that. So going into SSB4, not many people were guessing Villager because the common wisdom of the Smash community said Villager had already been ruled out.

Sakurai had previously shown a slide with Nintendog and Villager that said "characters like these wouldn't make for fighters" or something like that. So going into SSB4, not many people were guessing Villager because the common wisdom of the Smash community said Villager had already been ruled out.
Ah, I see. Was this pre-Brawl, or pre-4?

Ryce

Sakurai shot down an Animal Crossing character on a few different occasions after the release of Brawl. Few people were expecting him to change his tune for SSB4. Animal Crossing characters were rarely included in prediction lists prior to last year’s E3, and on the off chance that somebody was expecting an AC rep, it was usually Tom Nook.

1. Iwata Asks project planning document

2. May 2008 Nintendo Power interview:
As far as choosing which characters, we had to really look at the series that would be represented in the game and create a balance that would make fans of all the series happy. […] And of course, we looked at games like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs, where there aren't really any characters that lend themselves to fighting, and we decided not to include characters from those series as fighting characters.

Top Bottom