• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

GamerJM

Banned
I don't expect Smash 3DS to come out before August. Is a 3-4 month lead time enough separation for both games?

You guys are too negative with these release dates. I'm saying July for 3DS and November for Wii U. Granted I'm expecting late in month for both.

Tan

OT7 | Every Ridley is a Stage Boss

You guys are too negative with these release dates. I'm saying July for 3DS and November for Wii U. Granted I'm expecting late in month for both.

I'm expecting to buy it as a birthday present for myself
in september

Tripon

NOA doesn't like releasing games in July-August and June is probably too soon. If it was solely up to NOA, they'd probably release Smash in Sept, but that would be too late for the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm old fashioned so I just say summer is June, July August and Autumn starts 1st September. Keeps things simple.

Tripon

Summer this year ends on September 21st... So I'm going with that.

If it was NOA's decision, I'd be with you, but NCL is going to make this decision, and they don't mind releasing games in August. Thankfully, NOA's hands are tied on this release date.

GamerJM

Banned
NOA doesn't like releasing games in July-August and June is probably too soon. If it was solely up to NOA, they'd probably release Smash in Sept, but that would be too late for the game.

Pikmin 3 was released in July last year and that was one of their biggest games of the year.

Pikmin 3 was released in July last year and that was one of their biggest games of the year.

.....ouch
What are Nintendo's biggest games so far for the Wii U (as in released already) anyway?
NSMB U, Nintendoland, Super Mario 3D World, and Wind Waker HD are the only million sellers right

justchris

Okay, we'll be doing normal stages. All stages including scrollers.

FD won't be as fun.

I say two weeks from launch and we'll kick it off. It's more casual than serious at first.

I reiterate, we should plan two separate tourneys. One for release day (or the weekend of release anyway) that is all items, all stages, 1v1 fun tourney. That will also let us get feedback on stages and such, then two to four weeks later, we can have a serious, items off tourney with only SmashGAF approved stages.

Did 3D World actually break a million?

Yes, Famitsu had it around ~550k somewhere and NPD has it at 655k as of the end of January 2014.
if anything, it's relatively safe to assume it's at least 1.5 million by now

edit: also we should get an update on it (and 3DS/Wii U in general) with the fiscal report, looking forward to that

Kriken

Did 3D World actually break a million?

I'm pretty sure they announced 3D World and Wind Waker HD as Million sellers at their conference

Edit: Here we go http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98812574&postcount=1

Yes, Famitsu had it around ~550k somewhere and NPD has it at 655k as of the end of January 2014.

edit: also we should get an update on it (and 3DS/Wii U in general) with the fiscal report, looking forward to that

Last report says 1.94 million, should be over 2 million by next fiscal report

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

When will we get fiscal report?

rawktapus

I didn't know much about Advance Wars until the recent GBA release on the Virtual Console. One trip to the wiki and maaaaaaaaaan…. now I really want some Advance Wars characters. Really hope we get at least one.

SuperJay

So what's the consensus on NFC figurines and Smash Bros 4?

My theory is the Wii U is releasing this winter so they can also implement NFC collectibles that somehow tie into the game and serve as the main differentiator between Wii U and 3DS.

That said, I have no idea how the NFC integration would work from a gameplay standpoint.

Hatchtag

Banned
So what's the consensus on NFC figurines and Smash Bros 4?

My theory is the Wii U is releasing this winter so they can also implement NFC collectibles that somehow tie into the game and serve as the main differentiator between Wii U and 3DS.

That said, I have no idea how the NFC integration would work from a gameplay standpoint.

If Sakurai does anything NFC related for Smash, it'll most likely just be like the cards in Kid Icarus Uprising. It won't affect regular gameplay at all, but be a neat little side mode
also 90% of the figures will be damn near impossible to get.

Sakurai shot down an Animal Crossing character on a few different occasions after the release of Brawl. Few people were expecting him to change his tune for SSB4.

I knew he probably would given how he'd noted how the lack of newer character-driven franchises. He, Little Mac, and Chrom IMO were always shoo-ins. Two down, one to go.

inb4 WELLY'KNOW HE COULD CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT RIDLEY

Top Bottom