• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

Look at kid icarus uprising. Nothing in that game can't be unlocked by just playing the game long enough. Same goes for brawl. He won't lock actual game content behind NFC.

Even DLC.

The figures might not be able to be sold worldwide. They're not going to lose money due to supply constraints and legal limitations.

You will never see the Medusa (Rare) or Pit (Victory) idols without hacking.

A grappler is someone who primarily relies on his/her grabs to win, not just someone who "has grabs".

Doesn't that sometimes depend on play style, though? One person may rely heavily on grabs, while another person using the same character may not. I always though a grappler is someone whose moveset consists primarily of grabs. So Zangief is a grappler because a majority of his moves are grabs. Ice Climbers, conversely, aren't grapplers because none of their specials are grabs - they don't have any more grabs than any other character. Am I mistaken?

I've always had a sweet spot for my heavies in Brawl, so I'm glad to see Ike return.

Even though they aren't necessarily my usual picks, when I'm in the mood to change it up I almost always gravitate towards Dedede, Bowser, Ike, and Ganondorf.

Something just feels so satisfying about landing the heavy hits with those guys. Especially Dedede's hammer.

Feed the thread!! >:0

They were clearly made with that in mind. They're balanced around those grabs. That's also why both Melee and Brawl have the incredibly broken grab combos and why it wasn't 'fixed' for Brawl like Fox's reflector tricks were. It's the major strength of the character, they're grapplers.

If it was abuse, Sakurai would have tweaked it for Brawl. Instead it's back and more powerful than ever lol.

Well honestly, none of that is because of grabs. It's because there's two characters, which makes everything the way it is. I would think that would be difficult task. Haha.

Unless they go with Project M. >.> Hated them in that.

georly

You will never see the Medusa (Rare) or Pit (Victory) idols without hacking.

Hmmm is that so? I was under the impression you could get everything. Oh well. At least there aren't WEAPONS tied behind AR cards, which is more like what locking a smash bros 'custom move' would be like. Melee had pikmin trophy that you needed pikmin save files to get, so maybe something like that is ok.

Feed the thread!! >:0

Well honestly, none of that is because of grabs. It's because there's two characters, which makes everything the way it is. I would think that would be difficult task. Haha.

Their grabs are worse in Project M as far as I know. Either way, their grab game is intended to be completely broken (if it wasn't it would have been removed for Brawl) and only works when both are around. The difference in grab mechanics for smash means that having a character with a special move grab would be pointless (because normal grabs can't be teched), so our grab characters instead have a super-powered grab that can lead to 0-death combos if used correctly.

They're the closest to a grappler we'll ever get in a game like smash.

Tan

Well it's because they're two characters that their grabs are so strong. It's an endless loop!

tumblr_n4vg2poNyU1tpt0njo1_1280.jpg

Too cut to be cut.

:3
I can agree with this. But it'd still be nice to have to have a character who can still do something with that sort of thing in mind just specfic with that character.
Yoshi? Any kind of special move that simply grabbed characters would be pointless, as every other character can do the same thing, unlike in something like Street Fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the Koopa Klaw was changed to Bowsercide.

You have no sense of humor. It's saying "It's been a year, and we're still wasting this much time talking about it" or, "We've spent a ear talking about this shit and we're still not done". You might not have picked up on the humor because it wasn't aimed at small children.
You know, you can have an argument without resorting to petty personal insults.

Next thread is gonna be over before E3 ends. For real.
Next thread is gonna be over before E3 even begins.

Tom_Cody

It already released to the public like last year to three years.

NM4zqGR.jpg
Oh well.

I'm still of the mind that the Gandorf pack-in bonus for Wind Waker HD should be seen as an indication of what we're going to get:

The angles are different but the poses appear to be exactly the same. Is it possible that this is the first preview of what the figurines are going to look like?

Nintendo also has a blue shell statue coming with the Mario Kart special edition:

And here's Nintendo's preview image:

ANM3fC3.jpg

Top Bottom