• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

Anbec7

Where is the Smash bros fan art!?
At leas the safe and good one.

Someone posted information of a japanese artist who was really good, does anyone remember that link?

icy_eagle

The thing about RD is it is absolutely possible to have ignored certain obligatory characters to your detriment and be unable to deal with the final tower because of it.

Not really, you get a bunch of
laguz royals
thrown at you endgame, I can't imagine it being difficult with them.

Radiant Dawn spoilers:
It's that dragon blood in him that will keep him young forever.

spoilers:
speaking of laguz lifespans, what's the order, is it dragons>herons>hawks/ravens>beast tribe? I forget

also Micaiah is better anyway

#teamnocuts wins again.

between no cuts, the Gematsu leaks, and more newcomers beyond the Gematsu leaks, something's gonna give, and somebody's gonna be holding that L at the end of the day

georly

between no cuts, the Gematsu leaks, and more newcomers beyond the Gematsu leaks, something's gonna give, and somebody's gonna be holding that L at the end of the day

What I actually want from E3 is a newcomer NOT on the gematsu leak, just to freak us all out. I was totally NOT expecting greninja, just because he was too new. I want to be surprised again.

Thirty3Three

Neo Member
What I actually want from E3 is a newcomer NOT on the gematsu leak, just to freak us all out. I was totally NOT expecting greninja, just because he was too new. I want to be surprised again.

250px-652Chesnaught.png

weaKwillO

spoilers:
speaking of laguz lifespans, what's the order, is it dragons>herons>hawks/ravens>beast tribe? I forget

Yeah. That's at least what it said from a translated Q&A:
Q) How do the Laguz lifespans differ?

A) The Beast tribes have 5~6x the average Beorc lifespan, while for the Hawk and Raven tribes it is 10x. Herons live up to 1000 years and Dragons up to 2000 years.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5613

georly

Not too familiar with his actual moves, but I'd love a 'grappler' style character in smash. We need our 'Zangief.'

I also want someone with a lance :( We have no lances, polearms, staves, or anything. Palutena will likely be magic based, and not predominantly using her staff, but that's still better than what we have.

If I had to choose a Namco Bandai rep, myself, I'd want Kilik, but only because I like Bo Staff weapons.

The "simplicity" of the title makes it bland and boring as all hell. It's got a good idea, but it needs more to flesh it out.
The last thing it needs is a stupid and uninspired rhyme. The title is fine as is, and even has a comedic element to it. As opposed to a rhyme that a five year old would come up with.

Not too familiar with his actual moves, but I'd love a 'grappler' style character in smash. We need our 'Zangief.'

I also want someone with a lance :( We have no lances, polearms, staves, or anything. Palutena will likely be magic based, and not predominantly using her staff, but that's still better than what we have.

If I had to choose a Namco Bandai rep, myself, I'd want Kilik, but only because I like Bo Staff weapons.
Ice Climbers are grapplers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The "simplicity" of the title makes it bland and boring as all hell. It's got a good idea, but it needs more to flesh it out.

then I will add three periods.

It's been a year... It would make us sound like we are depressed middle-aged mens that are waiting for some kind of miracles.

Thirty3Three

Neo Member

Oh, I was joking, because he'd be surprising, but it'd be like the same kind of thing as Greninja. However you spell that. I'm not big on Pokemon.

And right? We should've gotten Sain from fire emblem. He or Lynn would've been my first choice (And I would've preferred either over Ike). Sain uses a lance, if I remember correctly. He would've been interesting, eh?

I agree. Kilik would be interesting. And you know... Namco Bandai. Smash. Could happen, haha! Who knows?

I'm sure Palutena's in. The leaks seemed fairly convincing, and Pit's Final Smash had changed.

...that means that kirby's cooking pot is now a character. Trololo. Could you imagine? Haha.

I'm not even joking here. I'd love a joke character. Preferably This guy:

capn-crunch-realistic-1.jpg

munchie64

It won't in the long run.

S- Snake.....

Poor squirtle, ivysaur and ike Snake.

Except Ivysaur and Squirtle.

It seems some sacrifices must be made. They will not be forgotten.

The last thing it needs is a stupid and uninspired rhyme. The title is fine as is, and even has a comedic element to it. As opposed to a rhyme that a five year old would come up with.
How is statement of fact "comedic"? There's no delivery. Yes, it has been a year since the game was revealed. And? You're stopping there? Lame.

For a game with as much running/jumping/platforming as Smash, would a grappler be plausible? It seems like it would be too easy to just hit-and-run him the whole time. As a Zangief main, I'd love to see a grappler, but I'm not sure it would work too well.

EDIT: Maybe if his specials all worked like Bowser's side-B (i.e., could grab in midair and were pretty easy to connect) then it would be fine.

Alright! 18 more days! :D

ibzEhGnhdszlCj.gif

That looks amazing - best one yet.

Something NFC related just hit me

What if the figures of the smash characters come with "mysterious special moves" like referenced in the last Nintendo Direct? And that's how you create characters with custom/different moves? The only way to get those special moves is with the figure of X character.
I'd be okay with that.

Tan

What if the figures of the smash characters come with "mysterious special moves" like referenced in the last Nintendo Direct? And that's how you create characters with custom/different moves? The only way to get those special moves is with the figure of X character.
I'd be okay with that.

That sounds expensive and not worth it, no thanks.

mrhej

I'd be okay with that.

Help my wallet.

georly

I'd be okay with that.

I don't want any ACTUAL content in the NFC stuff. I'm ok with them IMMEDIATELY unlocking it (captain falcon NFC unlocks captain falcon character, trophy, moves, etc), but there needs to be ANOTHER way to unlock it that doesn't require NFC. LIke KI:U and the AR cards.

I'd be okay with that.

It scares me how plausible this is.

Spiderduff

I'd be okay with that.

Holy crap. Something just hit me! What if the figures Sakurai was holding in the direct are the NFC figures?

I don't think it is even plausible, but it scares me a lot that people would be okay with stuff like that.

Custom moves can't be used online so I wouldn't mind paying extra just to get some bonuses with my favorite character or two. But that's just me, hopefully too many people won't take offense to my personal standards...

Top Bottom