• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

Awakening from what I've heard is Fire Emblem for casuals (Even on classic mode) so I had a feeling RD will be much harder and require a lot more thought lol

Awakening is for casuals even on hard.

Radiant Dawn also has more chapter objectives then "defeat all enemies". Theirs certain parts where you can get screwed over easily. It's awesome

Tip: Defense is your friend and Ike :)

Edit: Your right Haar is your best friend until the last few chapters unfortunately.

The thing about RD is it is absolutely possible to have ignored certain obligatory characters to your detriment and be unable to deal with the final tower because of it.

Kyzon

Has anyone bothered to hypothesize what the ridley stage boss will actually do? Clearly, he'll attack people, but what's the benefit to defeating him, other than having the attacks stop?

Everyone turns into kids when he's on stage. If they're a kid they turn into kid kids. When he's defeated the person who lands the last hit grows the fuck up. The other players are still kids for a little while..

Kids do half damage/knockback and their weight is half.

I still have hope that most veterans have new final smashes. I really want them all the be pulled directly from their own games, and not made up to be similar to some street fighter super move.

Samus is the only one we know who keeps their old FS, while Kinby, Pit, Luigi, Olimar and two veteran pokemons all have new FSs. I'd say Ike will keeps his aether, no idea for the other veterans.

The thing about RD is it is absolutely possible to have ignored certain obligatory characters to your detriment and be unable to deal with the final tower because of it.

Except the game gives you several OP characters for free right before the final tower. Even on hard the laguz kings can pretty much dominate the tower on their own. This isn't including the free pre promotes the final part of the game gives you to furher bail you out. The only forced characters who will probably suck are Micaiah, Soren, and Sanaki and you can just not use them. The only way you can really screw yourself in RD is if you didn't train Ike and even then you can easily hammer the BK to death if you stand still and let him come to you on that defense +10 space and the laguz kings can lower the final bosses health enough for Ike to finish her

georly

Samus is the only one we know who keeps their old FS, while Kinby, Pit, Luigi, Olimar and two veteran pokemons all have new FSs. I'd say Ike will keeps his aether, no idea for the other veterans.

Yeah, but Link and Mario have a high chance to be the same, since we've seen nothing yet. Still hoping!

SmithnCo

I still have hope that most veterans have new final smashes. I really want them all the be pulled directly from their own games, and not made up to be similar to some street fighter super move.

Yeah, I really hope for new FSs for DK, Peach, Falco, and Lucas especially.

Spinluck

Has Sakurai confirmed whether or not Ike will be fighting for his friends in this iteration? I don't think I'll buy it if he isn't.

Berordn

Not every character really has a move that would work as a final smash. Most of Mario's obvious choices (Star, Super Mushroom) are items, Link didn't have anything exciting in TP to draw from, Wolf and Falco had barely been seen outside their ships, Peach's vibes were... weird, Dedede already used all his notable abilities as regular attacks...

That's not to say there's nothing they could do with them, but I think they did pretty well with what they had to work with.

Except for Meta Knight. Galaxia Darkness is just boring.

no it isn't, the laguz royals murder the tower and unless you went out of your way to screw over Ike he can finish his segments too

the only game where this could actually happen is FE12 Lunatic, where if you didn't train Marth RIP in peace

georly

Yeah, I really hope for new FSs for DK, Peach, Falco, and Lucas especially.

Yup.

Remaining veteran final smashes that can stay the same because they're already great:
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Yoshi
  • Sonic
  • Zelda
  • Fox
  • Pikachu
  • Captain Falcon
  • Game & Watch

Ones that are PROBABLY ok to stay, but could be better:
  • Shiek
  • Link
  • DK (thematically OK, but mechanically boring)
  • Diddy
  • Wario (thematically OK, but mechanically boring)
  • Metaknight
  • ZSS (crystal flash normally puts her back in Power Suit)
  • ROB
  • Snake
  • Ganondorf (thematically OK, but mechanically boring)

Ones that DEFINITELY need to change, because even *I* can come up with something better:
  • Peach
  • Toon Link
  • Falco
  • Wolf
  • Jigglypuff
  • Bowser (at least just become giga dry bowser)
  • Dedede
  • Ice Climbers

Link didn't have anything exciting in TP to draw from,.

Powered up skyward strike would be fantastic.
Especially the one he uses in the last fight.

Berordn

Powered up skyward strike would be fantastic.
Especially the one he uses in the last fight.

It'd be cool now, but I was mainly talking about during Brawl. A bunch of those I mention got games more recently that give them some good options (i.e. Masked Dedede).

Though if we were going to get something from Skyward Sword, I'd want this.

JackelZXA

Seeing ike in it...anyone could come back at this point. He was so high up on everyone's chopping block because they thought he'd either become a newer FE character or get blended into ganondorf. I bet we get about 4 more character reveals about a week or two apart and then a new character. That's roughly how they've been going. (Betting on: Falcon, Ness, ROB, Falco)

georly

Hammer Brothers suit. C'mon, man.

Any of his suits, really.

• Tanooki suit with statue ability would be great.
  • Kuribo's Shoe would be awesome (my girlfriend would FREAK OUT).
  • Bee suit could be ok, but not great.
  • Spring suit could be chaotic.
  • He could also get the red star, but that would just be like super sonic, I imagine.
  • Penguin suit could change his fireballs to ice balls, which would be awesome. His dash attack could change to a slide (and 1 hit KO anything frozen)
  • Rock mushroom could make him a giant boulder and roll around the stage, causing chaos.

He has tons of power ups not featured in smash that he could use.

It's been a year, now Ike is here

::Thumbs up::

I feel like ike reveal today changed everything. There are way better possibilities now than what we had to vote on.

Zalman

you will get your Triforce Slashes and Landmasters, and you will LIKE IT

:p
iDs8Lo0r5LloM.gif

Top Bottom