• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not like Classic Mode this time...

In 3DS, you could play on high difficulties to reap rewards, but skip out on Crazy and Master Core at the end, and just go with normal Master Hand. Saved a lot of time and frustration.

Guess you can't do that with how CM on Wii U is set up?

I don't think you can skip Crazy/Master Hand on the higher difficulties in the 3DS version. The path will always be black at the end.

Doesn't look like my download will finish by midnight (I probably shouldn't have procrastinated so much), but I guess it will be there for me to play when I get home from work tomorrow. Hard to believe it's finally time for Smash.

roknin

Once again, I am:

Locked in
Pre-loaded
Irravorgated
Hyped up
Reggified in the body region
On the ball
Off the chain
Standing by
T-4 hours

Read the list

No sign of "Really Feelin' it"

giphy.gif

Azure J

Posting from mid KartGAF racing. Can't wait to Smash. Also, dat Takamaru in the OP.

(You all are going to do an archive of the best moments of POTD-GAF right?)

Posting from mid KartGAF racing. Can't wait to Smash. Also, dat Takamaru in the OP.

I hope so! I made a post a while back linking to character reveal reactions and even just that was amazing.

Paid off my bundle at Gamestop. Wanted to get an extra Smash edition controller (love the way it looks) but the worker said Gamestop won't get them separate. Is there a good chance I could go to Walmart and just purchase a Smash edition controller?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why aren't Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt videos in the OP?

D:

Oh shit. we really overlooked that one. Hopefully we will have it fixed by tomorrow!

Yep, I made a special requests to Xane to included Takamaru and Cucco. We can't have OT without those special characters. RIGHT?!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent thread as always, IntelliHeath. I can't wait for next week when the game launches in Europe. Until then I'll look at the various GAF streams that are bound to appear over the weekend.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Going off reviews it seems like this one is less content heavy for single player than Brawl, which for me makes it sound like overall it's worse.

SSE and Break the Targets are the only things gone iirc, and Brawl's BTT was only 5 generic stages.

Got my copy from Amazon! :D

LITTLE MAC HERE I COME

Hey man, think you can do me a favor? I have a pretty unique problem. My Wii U gamepad charger broke and the replacement still hasn't come in yet. Can you check if you can boot and play the game using only your wiimote? Thanks for your time and attention.

Well, despite preordering the gamecube adapter and being told it would be available during midnight release at Gamestop, it turns out they didnt receive any shipments for them and have no clue when they will arrive.

Hype majorly deflated. (Thats what i get for not preordering the bundle sooner)

Haven't been paying too close to this particular point, but now that Americans have the game can anybody quickly confirm if Smash U's true 1080p, or just upscaled from 720? Not remotely a deal breaker but the former would be great if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom