• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

4Bm7LK5.gif

Great OT. It was a great and entertaining journey through POTD threads.

Picking it up from Best Buy tomorrow. My only fear is some people will be disappointed. I have pretty low expectations so I can be wowed.

Also I heard there was a trophy of Xenoblade spoiler party member in the game. You don't get them till halfway or something. Is this true. If so I'm probably not gonna do much with the game till I beat Xenoblade.

Trey

So, over/under before we merge the two Smash OTs? I say about when this one gets to OT2, 3 at the latest. The 3DS OT is going to be a ghost town.

samn

Haven't been paying too close to this particular point, but now that Americans have the game can anybody quickly confirm if Smash U's true 1080p, or just upscaled from 720? Not remotely a deal breaker but the former would be great if true.

It's 1080, you can see for yourself on Youtube.

Hi there SmashGAF. I rarely posted in any of the many previous OTs (I've mostly posted in a few Smash Directs) but I have lurked and read them as they've gone along since my time here. In a strange way, I feel like I've been on this journey of hype with you all, and, in some ways, these OTs have made me even more excited for this game and I'm already a huge Smash Bros fan.

Sadly, I can't afford this anytime soon (or the 3DS version still) but I hope to buy both versions by Christmas if not shortly after and would like to participate in some battles with you guys if I can, depends on what the next few months hold for me but I won't get off topic here.

SMASH BROS HYPE.

careksims

Whooo! Finally! Great OT! Tonight's the night for most folks and tomorrow for me! Amazon is preparing my shipment as I type this XD Never gonna touch the 3DS version after this! Need to think of what hype food to get!

semaanator

Neo Member
Hi Everyone! My local Target broke the street date for Smash Bros. Wii U, and unfortunately my phone was at home charging...otherwise I'd post a picture. I would have bought it right then and there, but I have the special edition with the gamecube controller + adapter pre-ordered using my Best Buy gamers club account (yay for 20% off)! If you're hurting for some smash and have some time, I suggest you check out your local Target store!

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
I can't believe it's finally here, I haven't posted much in the Smash Gaf threads but I've lurked here since e3 2013 and it's been a hell of a ride.

You guys are all hyped about Smash and I am hyped about 40 inch LED for $115.
Just messing around, looking forward to tomorrow as well.

Anyone else having issues buying a digital code from Gamestop's crappy website? I keep trying to do it and it takes the item out of my cart before I complete the transaction.

Ugh, only reason I'm using the crappy site is because I have some gift credit.

Excellent job on the OT, Heath. :) Can't believe we've finally made it. All the PotDs, all the hype, the surprises, the disappointments, the salt, the excitement... after all this time, it's finally here. So excited for you guys to join me in loving the fuck out of this game. :)

Only potential hype killer for me is that I'm having a Smash Wii U launch party at my apartment on Saturday, but I totally forgot to pre-order a GameCube adapter. I really, really, really hope I can find one somewhere tomorrow... somehow. I'm going to be at my local GameStop (ugh) the second they open.

Can't wait to jump online after the patch is released at 9pm (hopefully). Definitely want to play with you guys - there's a doc going around that I'm supposed to add my information to, right?

Feel the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

This is just the greatest thing. Having Mega Man in this game will never stop making me feel warm inside and hyped as well, even after it's out everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom