• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFreak

Same here! They're all ready for pickup except for the Villager. It's like he's totally disappeared off of bestbuy.com... like, you can't search for him and bring up his product page, even if you search his SKU that you can see if you browse your order. Weirdness...!

He's still there when you search for Amiibo, but is listed in the Amiibo for the December releases. You can still go to the product page from there. I have no idea what's going on but hopefully they got shipments. If not, I guess I'll just head over to Toys R Us since it's right next to the BB I'm going to.

georly

Is Smash Tour like SSE levels of fun or something? Seems like people aren't too hot on it.

The mode is really boring solo, worse than smash run. Like playing mario party by yourself. That said, i've only played it solo once.

It's more fun with more people but... the problem is you have to convince 1-3 people to play crappy mario party over 'regular smash bros.' It's a hard sell. Every time I've tried so far, everyone just wants to go back to regular smash after 1 smash tour run.

Did you miss the "at the moment" part? They'll bring more eventually, they just don't have a plan at this exact moment.

Reading the quote "...What I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren't working on anything at the moment. We've put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people." implies to me that there's a high chance that's it. Especially the part where it says it requires the involvement of a lot of people, which might be a contractual nightmare if it wasn't planned in advance. They'd have to 'bring the team back together' if they plan on doing DLC.

*shrug* he could be planning on it for the future, but i'm not keeping my hopes up. If we get anything, hopefully it's mario-kart-levels of DLC. The way sakurai does stuff though, we wont see or hear anything for a year. Would be a cool way to keep people playing smash 2 years from now if new smash DLC is a big holiday release (Smash + DLC physical copies sold as well.)

GringoJB

He's still there when you search for Amiibo, but is listed in the Amiibo for the December releases. You can still go to the product page from there. I have no idea what's going on but hopefully they got shipments. If not, I guess I'll just head over to Toys R Us since it's right next to the BB I'm going to.

Ahh, good catch! I swear he was gone off of that list when I looked earlier, but I see him now. How weird. Anyway, hope it's no big deal for you to track one down elsewhere... I'll probably be doing the same!

It's been fun guys. I started as a baby junior posting in the smash threads. I really enjoyed following the progress of the game and withstanding all the creepy things posted here. I hope to play some matches against everyone!

I've searched for a bit and haven't really found any information on this. Are you able to view people you've recently played against so you can add them like in Mario Kart 8? It wasn't in the 3ds version so I'm really hoping they didn't drop the ball with the Wii U version, too.

Just did some really awesome combos with a random person in team battle and am a bit miffed I'll never see them again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
And again, Heath, that was a perfect "24 HOURS" banner; I wasn't sure what you meant when you said "not hype, but fitting," but I still feel it was both fitting and hype!

Good! I was concerned that people might want more actions for 24 hours GIF but I felt that GIF was just right because you know the content. :D

So...this is the end. Best hype threads ever lol.

Indeed, it was a quite awesome but rocky ride.

When the OT goes up, will this thread be closed? Will the PotD's be posted in the OT instead?

I hope that moderators wouldn't lock the thread because there are some people that are actively avoiding OT threads because their release date isn't for other week or more.

Best choice of gif Heath! Finally only one day left!!

I must say it has been an honor to hype with you SmashGAF :)

Thanks! :D

wheres the Smash wii u OT? the pokemon game OT is already out o__o

We should have it ready when we can.

Only losers will stop playing Smash 3DS because of the Smash U's release.

Official.

I'm sorry but as a smash player since 64, I want my Gamecube controller over the horrible positioning of the L+R buttons on 3DS. But if you can do it, all the power to you bro! <3

My name is NNID is Finalefireworker, just like here. Send me a PM if you add me so I can add you back! I currently have zero friends registered, so I would love to change that.

Play 1 on 1s pretty exclusively, if my internet connection will allow it.

Only losers will stop playing Smash 3DS because of the Smash U's release.

Official.

I'm not stopping with Smash 3DS until I finish my Challenges screen. Just like with Kirby Air Ride.

Maybe if I finish the Challenge screens on both versions, then connect the two together, then use Strength on the truck behind the S.S. Anne, I can finally unlock Ice Climbers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Damn. My local bestbuy isn't doing a midnight release for the game!!!

I wonder though, can I just return a sealed copy of the game back to gamestop even if I buy it from Bestbuy?? I was going to buy the game from GS tonight and then tomorrow buy a new copy from Bestbuy since I have GCU unlocked and return that copy to Gamestop.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, Ash, how many Trophies have you gotten so far? How are the Trophies compared to the 3DS Version? Are a lot more series represented? More original models? Any surprising ones you've found?

I got a phonecall, so I guess the tiny GameStop right near me is doing a Midnight release.

Jesus, sort of wondering how packed it's gonna be with ORAS/SMASH. When I went to the XY one, at a slightly bigger store, it was overly crowded...and really, really smelly. I was probably the cutest person there. Not that surprising, of course, but still...

I pre ordered at Nintendo World months ago but I dont want to stand in line. You guys think I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon around 2-3 without waiting? Or would it be better to come back another day?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
12hours7gfk0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom