• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U POTD Thread XVIII: Today, we are all Mewtwos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Who else is going to get their copy of the game tonight? The EB Games in my area will be releasing it at 9:00 PM tonight, along with having a Smash Bros. Tournament. I'm hoping that they will also sell the Amiibo's, as well, as I want to pick up my Samus & Kirby figurines.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You're always talking about "Smash on the bus." This phrase has stuck in my head since I joined SmashGAF months and months ago and one of the consistent phrases that has always stuck in my mind is "I for one welcome Smash on the bus."

And I'm just piecing together that it's been you every single time.
Ha ha! Well I'll be honest, it is literally my one reason for owning Smash 3DS. I hardly play it at home so I could say for Smash U "I for one welcome Smash in the home". ;)

Funny thing is, the one mode which I thought would be great during the commute is Smash Run, but I've not played it that much because I've been busy completing the other challenges. Well I'm almost done with Classic and half way through All-Star so eventually my journeys will likely just be Smash and Smash Run.

I'm on mobile and the op keeps crashing my browser so I need to ask:

Is there there an arcade mode in this? I know there is no traditional sp like brawl but I'm just wondering if arcade mode is in. Also, if so, can you play it cooperatively?

emb

Is there there an arcade mode in this? I know there is no traditional sp like brawl but I'm just wondering if arcade mode is in. Also, if so, can you play it cooperatively?
Classic mode is in, though it's not really traditional. You basically fight a series of different opponents under different conditions. All Star mode is also in there, where you go through all the fighters while having limited health.

Short answer: yes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Yeah, Classic, but it's really different...you basically pick four fights with a group of characters, fight the Mii Fighters, then fight Master/Crazy Hand. Hard to explain.

And All-Star, of course, where you fight all the characters with one-life.

Classic mode is in, though it's not really traditional. You basically fight a series of different opponents under different conditions. All Star mode is also in there, where you go through all the fighters while having limited health.

Short answer: yes.

Yeah, Classic, but it's really different...you basically pick four fights with a group of characters, fight the Mii Fighters, then fight Master/Crazy Hand. Hard to explain.

And All-Star, of course, where you fight all the characters with one-life.

Cool, thanks.

Vecks

Has it ever been mentioned anywhere about the cord length of the smash gc controller? Not sure if I'm going to need an extension.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cool, thanks.

Oh, and both are local co-op (2P max, I think).

The benefit of this is both characters will get their Trophies, so it makes getting all the Trophies with the 50+ cast much, much easier.

I've yet to found out how it works with All-Star, if one person dies, does both die, or does only one need to win.

Roo

Then you and your friend should face my team so I can teach you how to give a mercy to opponents. :)

I may be pacifist in Mario Kart but heck I'm not in Smash.

*blocks from friend list*
My rep in MK is going to bite me in the ass for other online Nintendo games isn't it? :(

Then you and your friend should face my team so I can teach you how to give a mercy to opponents. :)

I may be pacifist in Mario Kart but heck I'm not in Smash.

You got all the hats in the 3DS version, right? How many hours did it take you? My total score in Target Blast is over 50 billion, but I haven't gotten a single new hat from there. I still need 5 more apparently, but it's been days since I've gotten a new one. I have over 100 hours put into the game already, most of which are in the single player mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You got all the hats in the 3DS version, right? How many hours did it take you? My total score in Target Blast is over 50 billion, but I haven't gotten a single new hat from there. I still need 5 more apparently, but it's been days since I've gotten a new one. I have over 100 hours put into the game already, most of which are in the single player mode.

Yeah, some people think I was very lucky with rng in Smash 3DS. I got last hat under than 4 hours in Target Blast.

Now I'm seriously concerned about my luck in Smash U!

Roo

Maybe! :p

You are quite talented in Mario Kart so that's good thing!

Seriously though, I need to practice a little bit more.
Fighting games are not really my thing and you already have quite some time playing Smash 3DS, you know how it works so that gives you the edge here lol

Amazon just notified me that my controller adapter preorder has shipped. I preordered it back in late September. Expected delivery is tomorrow.

Also, an Amiibo I ordered for a friend just shipped as well.

AgeEighty

Hey, if any of you want some Miis to use as the Mii Fighter, I've got a site I set up to show all the ones I've made since 2006. I've got celebrities, cartoon characters, and a bunch more, including full casts from Star Trek TNG, Firefly, Doctor Who, and other stuff. QRs are included. It's at

http://miisbyandy.com/browse

Let me know if you like them and especially if you use any in Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom