• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros (name?) Roster Contest Discussion

SkyOdin

Hah, Sakurai really put us all in our place on day 1. I guess all of those people who talked as if they knew how his mind worked were dead wrong.

Anyways, I guessed Mega Man correctly (yay! Mega Man is in!) and failed to guess the other two. So I am at 8 points right now. I will probably lose big time, if this is setting the pattern for things. I didn't really expect to win in the first place, anyways.

Revealed Characters: 12
Characters Guessed: 10
Characters Guessed Incorrectly: 1
Characters Not Guessed: 3

Current Score: 6
Yikes, I'm probably screwed d:

Dixie Kong's likely reveal is not going to do me any favors.

Stoked about the psychopathic Villager and a true WTF reveal in Wii Fit Trainer.

And of course Megaman.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wonder if anyone actually predict Wii Fit Trainer here. I will work on Stats and Leaderboard tomorrow if bad weather happened.

Thores

I wonder if anyone actually predict Wii Fit Trainer here. I will work on Stats and Leaderboard tomorrow if bad weather happened.

Honestly you might wanna wait to tally all this until e3 ends. If the 6 newcomers leak is true, we're lined up to get one reveal a day for the rest of the show.

Ezalc

Well I didn't have the Villager, Wii Fit trainer, and I put skyward sword style link. Guess that's three points off but at least I guessed Megaman and all the others correctly. If the rumor is true then I get 2 more points and 1 taken off due to Mii.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Let's see, I got: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57013698&postcount=417

1. Mario
4. Bowser
6. Pikachu
13. Link
18. Kirby
22. Donkey Kong
25. Samus
28. Pit
31. Fox
48. Little Mac *NEW* (Punch Out!)
53. Pac-Man *NEW* (Namco)
54. Mega Man *NEW* (Capcom)

Assuming the rumors posted by Gematsu are correct. I specifically said SS Link, so do I lose a point?

I got two stages right though!

3. Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
7. New Hyrule, atop the Spirit Track Train (Spirit Tracks)

Off to a good start! Got three of the New Characters right, although they were expected imo, and a safety to help tie breakers since I imagine quite a few people guessed these three as well.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For game specific character, such as Luigi Mansion's Luigi and Skyward Swords Link will not lose any points because they are same character.

However, Toon Zelda/Link and Paper Mario/Peach, you will lose the point because they are technically different characters.

Edited: I will update the ruling tomorrow. I'm tired, atm.

spanks

For game specific character, such as Luigi Mansion's Luigi and Skyward Swords Link will not lose any points because they are same character.

However, Toon Zelda/Link and Paper Mario/Peach, you will lose the point because they are technically different characters.

Technically, Skyward Sword Link and Twilight Princess Link are different characters born hundreds of years apart...

Wow.

I just realized that out of the five characters I guessed at the reveal, the only one I got right was Mega Man (OMG HE'S IN!). I also realize that I totally didn't get Villager or Wii Fit Trainer like at all and that the roster I predicted here is not going to be anywhere close to the final roster.

Hmm... so far, not looking too hot. The only confirmed character so far that matches what I said, I didn't really include him (Mega Man). I'm at least confident that Palutena, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Little Mac, and Mewtwo will show up in some way. My new FE character pick definitely indicates my indifference to victory in this roster race

Forkball

I'm disappointed I forgot to sign up, but I probably wouldn't have predicted Mega Man so there goes that. That dude from Murasame Castle will be in the game though, BET ON IT.

If that's so then...
Revealed Characters: 12
Characters Guessed: 10
Characters Guessed Incorrectly:0

Current Score: 7

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Technically, Skyward Sword Link and Twilight Princess Link are different characters born hundreds of years apart...

Good point but essentially, they are "same" character. Alright, I will think about the rules and come back with the answer right after three supposedly leaked characters.

Tan

Wow I really didn't expect villager but I put Balloon Fight guy? I should get 0.1 points since he's at least represented haha. Also I'm getting some serious vibes that zoroark might be a new addition and I went back and forth on that a lot before making the list. Starting to regret deciding not to put him on there.

Man, if Sonic and BomberMan make it, we'll have total 90's mascots slugfest.
I don't see Bomberman happening. Konami bought out Hudson and would now rather pretend they never existed.

Since Konami already has Snake, I doubt they're in any rush to add Hudson's (that is, more of Konami's) characters into the game.

Let's see...

Mario
Bowser
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Link
Fox
Pit
Donkey Kong
Villager (Should have put this in...)
Wii Fit Trainer (WFT)
Megaman (More than 1 new third party character? Who would have thought it?)

Characters Revealed: 12
Characters Guessed: 9
Characters Guessed Incorrectly: 0

Current Score: 6

Codeblue

Guessed Ryu as the Capcom rep. Didn't get the other two new ones either. Off to a terrible start, but pretty content with being wrong on those three.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Would you like us to calculate our own scores or will you be taking care of it, OP? I don't mind either way, just wondering. : )

I will take care of it when I can. I'm still waiting for that rumor, but I have a feeling that we will not see it anytime soon. Also I have to setting up my excel soon.

Here is the full image for one of the prizes that will be donated:

Game & Print Club Print #7: December 28th, 1979 by Elia Fernández

Game_and_Print_Club_Release_Number_7_--_December_28th__1979forweb.jpg

8"x10" Giclee on Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival. Hand-numbered, limited edition with the edition size TBD because this hasn't gone on-sale yet. It will be hand-embossed too.

While it doesn't matter yet I find it neat I already guessed two new stages correctly, Skyloft and Wily's Castle. I wonder if at the end we could see how people did at guessing stages, items and Pokemon.

DaBoss

While it doesn't matter yet I find it neat I already guessed two new stages correctly, Skyloft and Wily's Castle. I wonder if at the end we could see how people did at guessing stages, items and Pokemon.

Yea, I'm interested in that too. I think my items list is terrible now lol.

Here is the full image for one of the prizes that will be donated:

Game & Print Club Print #7: December 28th, 1979 by Elia Fernández

Game_and_Print_Club_Release_Number_7_--_December_28th__1979forweb.jpg

8"x10" Giclee on Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival. Hand-numbered, limited edition with the edition size TBD because this hasn't gone on-sale yet. It will be hand-embossed too.

Ohmahgawd, she's one of my favorite artists! This is such a beautiful design. Too bad I'm probably not going to win. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just want to announced that I just started working on the statistic. I hope that everyone are looking forward for the conclusion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, update on the rosters' characters that are being game specific.

If you put Skyward Sword Link or TP Link, then they will count as a point because they are mainstream Link, however if you said TP Link Wolf then you will lose the point if it's confirmed that Link can't transformed into one. It applied for Luigi and Vacuum Luigi.

There is a stipulation with Link, if you listed more than two "regular" Link then you will evenly lose a point for one of them, unless they are in the game.

For Young Link/Toon Link/LTTP Link, It's situational.

If you have any question about game specific characters, just let me know.

If you put Skyward Sword Link or TP Link, then they will count as a point because they are mainstream character, however if you said TP Link Wolf then you will lose the point if it's confirmed that Link can't transformed into one. It applied for Luigi and Vacuum Luigi.

For Young Link/Toon Link/LTTP Link, It's situational.

Phew! Hopefully Train Conductor Link being in the BG of a stage means that Toon Link is out, and maybe LttP2 Link is in... c'mon, let me be right about something! And I said Samus's appearance would be based around the latest Metroid game, which it was! (Truth be told I had hoped it would be a newer Metroid game maybe announced at E3 ;_;)

FluxWaveZ

I made the mistake of basing my roster mostly on who I wanted in the game and not actually who I expected.

I screwed up!

Top Bottom