• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

All I want for Ganondorf is dual move-sets.

Like, maybe neutral-b or down-b makes him draw/materialize a sword, making all of his regular moves and b-moves slightly different. Neutral-b again, and he returns to his fists.

The sword fighting style would give him greater reach, but his specials would lose some "special" effects. The fist fighting style would reduce his reach, but his specials would gain increased daze/stun/whatever/flame-effects.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Like, maybe neutral-b or down-b makes him draw/materialize a sword, making all of his regular moves and b-moves slightly different. Neutral-b again, and he returns to his fists.

The sword fighting style would give him greater reach, but his specials would lose some "special" effects. The fist fighting style would reduce his reach, but his specials would gain increased daze/stun/whatever/flame-effects.

That reminded me. Sakurai didn't add dual poses character (two different move sets like Gen) without transformation. I think it could be perfect for Little Mac, Offensive and Defense mode.

There are many variable of archetype that haven't debut in Smash 4 yet.

Dual Moveset - Gen
Item or Stock Based - Polimar, Phoenix Wright, etc
Level Up - Frank West and Watson (Battle Fantasia)
Powered up - Lucas (Project M)

DaBoss

Could Toon Link have his crawling from Wind Waker as a crouch walk thing? That would be kind of funny.

Project M has Samus' morph ball as a crouch walk which is cool. I wonder if it is possible if they can implement double-tapping downwards would make Samus turn into a morph ball.

That would be really cool.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Give him Demise's Sword or get out.

----------

I would like to see a plethora of Special B attacks and customize them for button input.

Ergo more then 4 special moves.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I found my old post in Smash 4 Community.

Well I would love to have several concepts from umvc3 but I want them to give it smash vibe instead.

Item Based Character
Example: Phoenix Wright (UMVC3)
Candiate: Balloon Fighter or Duck Hunt Dog/Laughing Dog

Balloon Fighter could pump up to 3 Balloons which would be Down+B, however I have plan for Duck Hunt Dog. if you press down taunt, which will have brief slow start up for him to pick up knocked out ducks. He can pick up to three ducks which would help him to recover better, and buff his damages.

Multiple Stance -
Candiate: King K. Rool

Down + B or Taunt: He would pull out crown or pirate hat and put on his head so he would have two different moveset based on Crown or Pirate hat.

Combo Character -
Example: Lucario in Project Melee
Candiate: Little Mac

Just like you mentioned in your OP.

Level Character -
Example: Frank West (UMVC3)
Candiate: Mike Jones or Shulk

Naturally, you have to level up your characters to boost up the power of attacks and items would changed. So it would work way better for RPG characters, such as Mike Jones, Shulk, etc.

jph139

I'm honestly all over Anthony Higgs. He'd be such a weird, "who the hell wanted this guy?" character on the level of Roy or Dr. Mario that I'm absolutely certain would get a hardcore fanbase.

And of course the absolute mountains of salt.

zroid

Banned
I probably should play Other M just so I can understand a lot of the hate for it in more depth.

I feel similarly at times, haha. But honestly I'd rather just be oblivious so I won't risk Pyrosphere and whatnot causing me deep-rooted emotional anguish as it seems to for so many here.

Azebra

Banned
KGAelPk.png

I probably should play Other M just so I can understand a lot of the hate for it in more depth.

Honestly, your expectations being so rock-bottom would probably not make it the worst experience in the world. The game isn't cancer, it's just not very good and has a lot of identifiable flaws that recent and better Metroid games did not have.

It was a confluence of a lot of issues people were having with Nintendo and it caused some people to just erupt. By the time it came out, people were still pissed Retro was making a 2D platformer, people were pissed Team Ninja still existed, it changed a lot of what people thought about the characters in the series (for the worse), and was stilted and badly localized from an already bad script.

It's probably worth playing to decide for yourself whether it's just a bad Metroid game or something that should govern your mood in to extremes whenever it's mentioned.

Village

I know it's old news, but I just finished with Reborn. I thought the ending was just right, so I don't see any problem with the manga being ended just like that. I don't think it's cancelled.

They were literally smack dab in the middle of a thing, and then it ended. No explanation , no nothing just ending?A non canceled/discontinued ect manga has all the time it needs to set up the ending, there was no set up, it was just that chapter. You don't end manga's like that, if you have the time not end a manga like that, you don't end anything like that. Because not a literary and narrative mess its super rushed and explains nothing. That shit got canned dude.

Spinoff or sequels only include the main character.

I know this is largely dropped,( I feel asleep ) but just to sit back and take a look at a thing

DK is a Spin off,Mario is technically very long spin off series.

A spin off series is still a series.

Just wanted to respond to that, people forget that mario just didn't spawn from thin air he came from a thing. And DK came from two things.

Not mad or anything , just some interesting perspective. Maybe being a spin off character might not be the ultimate dis qualifier for anything, since nintendo built itself on those.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Smash Direct on Jan 21! I BETACHA!

They were literally smack dab in the middle of a thing, and then it ended. No explanation , no nothing just ending?A non canceled/discontinued ect manga has all the time it needs to set up the ending, there was no set up, it was just that chapter. You don't end manga's like that, if you have the time not end a manga like that, you don't end anything like that. Because not a literary and narrative mess its super rushed and explains nothing. That shit got canned dude.

Ah, I see.

Smash Direct on Jan 21! I BETACHA!

Whenever they show something for Smash I get goosebumps. Sakurai knows how to showcase reveals hahah

I can't get over how significant online is to me for the next Smash. My enjoyment for the long haul is dependent on it! Hopefully we get more info on that this time around, maybe even in a Direct but that'll probably be revealed separately closer to launch.

Mista Koo

Speaking of Zoroark reminded me that Victini missed his chance to get in. I think the next Pokemon character should be another cutesy mascotish mon.

I didn't know Luigi was into that kind of thing.
Luigi is too awkward to ask her out.

1. Is she a girl?
2. Is she hot/cute?
3. If no, can she be made hot/cute through fanart?

If you answered "yes" to at least two of those questions then you have yourself a fan-favorite character.
Waluigi laughs at your general direction, "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Mallo
I think a Pushmo stage would be better.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Honestly, your expectations being so rock-bottom would probably not make it the worst experience in the world. The game isn't cancer, it's just not very good and has a lot of identifiable flaws that recent and better Metroid games did not have.
Well that's what I suspect which is why I don't fear playing it, that and I can get enjoyment out of bad things (I watched the whole of Sword Art Online). It's only a fiver on Amazon and I suspect my local secondhand store sell it for even less.

Sciz

I also wouldn't equate a slow trickle of innocuous pictures with the occasional bit of actual information "teasing", in the sense that none of the pictures have been meant to be dissected to such a degree (new characters movesets notwithstanding), or are really open to extrapolate other content from.

Every trailer but Mega Man's has involved varying degrees of misdirection, and from the pictures we've had at least "does this lighting suggest a Galaxy stage?" (yes, answered weeks later), "is Ridley a stage hazard?" (unresolved), and more recently "what's up with the Phantom?" (dunno). Hinting at a character through a innocuous stage reveal is absolutely within this game's M.O.

Village

if they are smart enough to use NeoGAF's options to block image and gif.

You can do that?

Well that's what I suspect which is why I don't fear playing it, that and I can get enjoyment out of bad things (I watched the whole of Sword Art Online). It's only a fiver on Amazon and I suspect my local secondhand store sell it for even less.

Oh god are you ok, that level of decent in potential is not healthy.

Fandangox

Oh god are you ok, that level of decent in potential is not healthy.

SAO's wasted potential its so huge that's just funny. It begins with a promising first episode that actually rsembles MMO tactics (people raiding a boss, planning before the assualt, etc) and then it just devolves to pandering moe of the week episode.

SmithnCo

Other M is probably worth it at it's rock bottom price for the Club Nintendo coins. So you get the coins plus a
bad movie.

Fandangox

I found my old post in Smash 4 Community.

I think Wonder Red could probably work as a "multiple stance" character.

Wonder Red in this scenario would have all of the seven main Wonderful 101 morphs. A move (Neutral B, or down B) Could make it so he switches between morphs (by drawing, to gain quicker access instead of rotating the 7 morphs).

Like in the main game, all morphs would have the same arrange of moves, but their use and efficiently would be different. For example Fist could be a well balanced weapon, strong, with okay range. But if you switch to morph, or whip, suddenly all of your attacks have more range (and maybe in the case of the whip, set up some grabs), but they were weaker, gun would be similar, except exchange is a lot of range for far weaker power in your moves.

Only problem would be fitting Bombs into the move, since they don't have the same skills and abilities as the other 6 in w101, but I guess that could easily be fixed with just making the Unite Bomb a separate move and keep the "stances" to 6 morphs instead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The weekly mocking sessions of SAO made it possible to cope with. If I had watched it without the anime community I'd likely have offed myself.

Top Bottom