• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

NotLiquid

tumblr_mzvtff13od1rmjp9yo1_500.jpg

Tumblr you're killing me

also #TeamFake

Codeblue

The problem is that Palutena being playable and those images being fake are two VERY diferent things.

The oficialy released probably won't have the mario star just like this one don't have and people will say fake wins for all the wrong reasons =(

Exactly. Even if she gets revealed there will still be arguments over whether or not it's the same model.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Today's screenshot does confirm one thing. That a playable character can feature as part of a stage and be replaced if someone is playing as them.

Ridley might well appear in the Pyroshpere stage but be replaced by something else when you're playing as him (if he is playable). That's what I'm clinging to.

afoni

Banned
Today's screenshot does confirm one thing. That a playable character can feature as part of a stage and be replaced if someone is playing as them.

Ridley might well appear in the Pyroshpere stage but be replaced by something else when you're playing as him (if he is playable).
HERE WE GO AGAIN

emb

Ridley might well appear in the Pyroshpere stage but be replaced by something else when you're playing as him (if he is playable). That's what I'm clinging to.
My first thought after reading the update too, haha.

OR it could mean that Phantoon is playable, and he's been offscreen in every Pyrosphere shot so far and that's why Ridley is always a stage hazard.

Very possible. I still think they wouldn't even have to replace him. He's most likely gonna be much larger than the playable version if he gets in, so there's not really much confusion. Stage version could just turn into Meta Ridley or something if they really need to.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alright, reading through this thread, nobody said anything about any avatar bets, stop adding shit, your just either on team real or team fake, I like neorice's idea.

Insaniac

can I call dibs on neorice's palutena avatar when she's inevitably confirmed? -.-

unless someone else has already called dibs of course

DaBoss

That's a really neat small detail. I mean Sakurai and Co. didn't have to do that at all, but wow.

People do realize even if the picture is fake, Palutena can still be in Smash 4 right? I really don't see that, and the whole thread is about this whole real vs fake thing now even though the "discussion" has been exhausted.

Anyways, an interesting fact, characters who have not been in any images for Smash 4 for a long time:
Luigi last appeared in an image on Nov 22nd.
Sonic last appeared in an image on Dec 12th.
Pit last appeared in an image on Dec 16th.
Pikachu last appeared in an image on Dec 25th.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Alright, reading through this thread, nobody said anything about any avatar bets, stop adding shit, your just either on team real or team fake, I like neorice's idea.
[post=98213282]I clearly established the punishment long ago.[/post]

All members who signed up after this post entered a non-cancellable agreement.

Devil

Could someone do a thread for those #teamwhatever posts? Not here to spoil the fun but it's kind of frustrating to come into this thread and just be confronted with a wall of "I'm on #teamwhatever !", "Pls sign me up, too!", etc.

I liked the discussion whether it's real or not, how crazy it may have been. But all those posts don't contribute to anything, imo.

Could someone do a thread for those #teamwhatever posts? Not here to spoil the fun but it's kind of frustrating to come into this thread and just be confronted with a wall of "I'm on #teamwhatever !", "Pls sign me up, too!", etc.

Compared to what this thread is normally like, I think I prefer it.

Azure J

I'd have to say keeping this stuff contained to this thread is better for all parties. If anyone gets curious, they can follow the trail back here and get
indoctrinated
educated on how it all started.

Edit: Not really as long as it looks good!

Soo, since I've caught the nintendoom bug I can't help but ask.

How much do you guys expect the Wii U Smash to sell?

Melee did about 7 million, Wii U's looking to about half the Gamecube's sales, plus SSB4 is coming out about 2 years later into the system's lifespan than Melee did, so I'd guess around 2.5 million at most.

NeonZ

Soo, since I've caught the nintendoom bug I can't help but ask.

How much do you guys expect the Wii U Smash to sell?

I really think it'll depend on how fully featured this Smash is. If they have nothing to it aside from new characters and balance, and just throw in Classic, All Star and Events, like usual, I don't see it doing very differently from other Wii U games we've already seen. It could beat NSMBU and Mario 3d World, but I don't think it'd go much higher.

If there's something actually new though, I think there's a chance it could do very well, and become the number 1 software with a good margin. Of course, looking from the point of view of "saving" the console, either way, I don't think it'd be able to do it. It'll be far too late by the point it comes out.

ec0ec0

i have never used an avatar and... i may have to use one now!? jajajaj... ok.

PS: still #teamfake

(sakurai, please, use king k.Rool instead of palutena)

Top Bottom