• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

SuperSah

Banned
He's good, but not incredible. He should be better then recent years, though. Prince's performance may never be topped, though.

Have you not seen his recent performances? Look at his performance of Gorilla on the VMAs. I highly doubt anyone could accomplish them high notes without a issue like he does.

Anyways, on topic: Smash Brahz

I'm probably really late to this but I've seen people speculating and debating on characters specials, tilt attacks and standard attacks but I was visiting the smash website for the first time in a long time and I noticed that almost every character has a pretty detailed list of pics explaining what each characters special, tilt and smash attacks are. I'm probably pretty late on this and most people have noticed.

Ryce

I'm probably really late to this but I've seen people speculating and debating on characters specials, tilt attacks and standard attacks but I was visiting the smash website for the first time in a long time and I noticed that almost every character has a pretty detailed list of pics explaining what each characters special, tilt and smash attacks are. I'm probably pretty late on this and most people have noticed.
That Miiverse site? That's a fan site. It's unofficial.

Platy

If this is a fake, they fuckin put in work to the point they should probably be hired by somebody. I don't think it could be a photoshop. They would have had to assemble the new model in 3D, making a bunch of decisions that would be sensible to the development of this game.

If someone did ALL THIS WORK, it would still be less work hours than we spend discussing it =P

The site you're referring to is actually fan-made. It just borrows the look of the official one.

RomanceDawn

You might be visiting the fan site with all the details. The official website says almost nothing. The majority of the explanations from the miiverse site are assumptions(mostly correct) but some things are not confirmed like the Knight pictured with Zelda which in my opinion after all the analysis here, is not a part of her move set.

That Miiverse site? That's a fan site. It's unofficial.

The site you're referring to is actually fan-made. It just borrows the look of the official one.

You might be visiting the fan site with all the details. The official website says almost nothing. The majority of the explanations from the miiverse site are assumptions(mostly correct) but some things are not confirmed like the Knight pictured with Zelda which in my opinion after all the analysis here, is not a part of her move set.
Thanks for the info. I mixed up the official smash page with the fan page.

p10QT4H.png
THANKS!

That BitF comic is great. Didn't think Matthew would make a joke about something like that.

I hate to ask, but could some add the TeamReal tag to my avatar? I'd do it myself, but I'm not good Photoshop.

Alright, I never do this and honestly it's the first time I've had a "smash" dream but here goes (also hoping it could spark some different conversations than seeing pages and pages or #teamwhoever) so notable things I remember from my dream

- it was from a nintendo direct and instead of revealing any newcomer it specifically was showing all the various modes and menus in the game

- there was an incredibly quick shot of the character select screen with all the characters not revealed as silhouettes with ? As the name and it sparked endless threads trying to determine who the characters were

- at the end Sakurai said he was finally going to reveal the release dates - march 2016 for the 3DS version and Sept 2017 for the Wii U version. He then laughed and repeated the word "soon" like 5 times and smiled.

Ugh, I hate that I get Sakurai trolled even in my dreams. Also, #teamwouldratherhaveareleasedate

Nia

Okay, I'll take the plunge. #TeamReal. This is too fun to pass up. Using Pseudo Palutena for Team Fake was a brilliant idea.

Axass

"& thank you for the starman trinket! It fits nicely on my belt!"
That was great. BTW does he have an account here on GAF, always liked his work.

Offtopic but... are you by any chance the dude who kept a Ridley avatar for like 2 years on Arlong Park waiting for his announcement? #teamridley

Funny thing. I first considered the Palutena screenshots to be fake...not because I don't believe she will be in, just because I didn't believe the leaks in particular....but upon seeing the starman in hr belt, such a small detail that no one would ever think of putting there but that screams "Sakurai", I actually started believing the leak is real.

Neiteio

Funny thing. I first considered the Palutena screenshots to be fake...not because I don't believe she will be in, just because I didn't believe the leaks in particular....but upon seeing the starman in hr belt, such a small detail that no one would ever think of putting there but that screams "Sakurai", I actually started believing the leak is real.
I'm inclined to think the leaks are real, but I'm not sure that's a starman charm on her belt. What we perceive as the "eyes" might be the shadows on the sides of a prong facing outwards.

Are people STILL seriously thinking it's a star? We went over this ages ago.

Besides, I don't think I've ever seen Sakurai actively modify a character's design to include a reference to another franchise.

SuperSah

Banned
A picture "leak" of Waluigi just got revealed on Smashboards and tore down in seconds, and IS A FAKE USING BRAWL MODELS.

The true king of leaks, Palutena is still going strong and is of course #TeamReal

1390583669091.jpg

Fiktion

Banned
A picture "leak" of Waluigi just got revealed on Smashboards and tore down in seconds.

This leak is running ever since two days ago.

http://i.4cdn.org/v/src/1390583669091.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The first hint it's fake is that it has Waluigi in it.

Alright. Did I miss anyone? Reposting Neorice's avatar tags so that you can show your loyalty.

[quote="Neoriceisgood, post: 98292752"]Not doing a full sprite for non-dojo confirmations,

That being said, here's some avatar tags for who wants em:

[IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/024/8/8/teamreal_by_neoriceisgood-d73hlib.png
teamfake_by_neoriceisgood-d73hlie.png

team_lined_by_neoriceisgood-d73hmv9.png

Versions with lines for those who want to avoid it blending with their avatar.
#TeamReal (87)
Fiktion
SuperSah
-Horizon-
Clov
Not
Jagsrock
RealDeadOne
SkullHydra
Baron von Loathsome
Tyeforce
Moonlight
Gleethor
BigEvilTurtle
Javier
Sorastitch
Riki
Fidelis Hodie
qq more
PK Gaming
Axass
Neoriceisgood
RomanceDawn
exfatal
GreatCharleston
anaron
KHlover
The Solid Snake
nullset2
Neoxon
TheLegendOfCap
Jaruru
Poltergust
Vampirolol
FireVoa
rawktapus
Mauricio_Magus
Heyt
akidnamededdy
DisconnectD
FlynnCL
PopeReal
_underfooter
rekameohs
Insaniac
GAMERG0D
euphemism
TrueBlue
Valjean Lafitte
Regiruler
J-Tier
Kokonoe
Dimitri LH
Masked Man
w00tkins
PaulExcellent
Mihael Mello Keehl
NaotaFakuza
Dice
SpacePirate Ridley
oreomunsta
Red Arremer
Jacobbles
Smashman45
BassForever
ChaosAngel
pulga
MannyToons
disap.ed
munchie64
Astrosanity
Kyzon
Sponge
Kissenkopf
Nezzhil
Azure J
CassSept
Brainiac 8
FCsolomon
GooeyHeat
KNT-Zero
Nia
Mariolee
foxuzamaki
CombustingFetus
Zeer0id
Crab
Kouriozan

#TeamFake (41)
BGBW
Pop-O-Matic
EndlessSky
Kurtofan
Anth0ny
Hyperactivity
SmithnCo
emb
Chico Terry
Anura
Mushroomer25
J@hranimo
jph139
PaperFlame
Hasardeur
Wichu
Camjo-Z
Loco4Coco
BY2K
ec0ec0
Whiskeymatt
OrangeGrayBlue
Anteo
Het_Nkik
MAtgS
Codeblue
PorygonVandal
Griss
Platy
Akibastman
Ricky 7
TheRedSnifit
shunxsato
PikaED
FluxWaveZ
AdventureRacing
SkullplateMurray
NotLiquid
Jaeger
Wishmaster92
Stratostar

As for consequences I figured a wall of shame would suffice, along with relentless mocking, but I don't mind Pop-O-Matic's bad fanart proposal.

DaBoss

So in an attempt to change the topic.
Which will be futile.

What are some stages that we expect to see NPCs? I've noticed looking at all of the stages that nearly all of the stages have the potential for NPCs to appear (either on stage or off-stage). When I mean NPCs, I don't mean a generic crowd as I will list below lol.

AC Wii U stage has characters from the AC series in the background.
Dr Wily's Castle has the Yellow Devil appearing.
Pyrosphere may have Ridley appearing.
Garden of Hope could have characters from Pikmin 3 in the background or some enemies appear in the background.
Pilot Wings stage could have Miis on Wuhu Island.
Sonic Lost World (I doubt this would have any NPCs at all) could have badniks.
Stadium has the crowd
lol
Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade could appear in the Galaxy stage.
I expect Loftwings to appear in Skyloft. It would be cool if the Skyloft stage could be visited during night time and those cat monster things appear on stage while you are on the island itself.
Wii Fit stage has that balance board thing from Wii Fit.

AC 3DS stage has Kapp'n.
Find Mii stage has the dragon thing from Find Mii.
Arena Ferox has the crowd
lol
KI:U reset bomb stage has Viridi appear.
Rainbow Road has Shy Guys appear in karts.
NSMB/3D Land hybrid stage could have enemies from the games appear (I doubt this will happen).
Nintendogs stage has a Nintendog. I wonder what is going to be on the TV.
Gerudo Valley could have the builders or some Gerudo appear (doubt this will happen).
Spirit Tracks stage has Conductor Link appear (or Alfonzo as it is revealed today).

I really like the stages across both versions. They've been really good at making stages based off of actual game locations or highlighting what the games are known for.

Fiktion

Banned
SuperSah I think you need to bold the part where that Waluigi fake was proven fake within seconds because apparently people are confused.

There is only one true leak, and we are her prophets.

Top Bottom