• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Kriken

Posted? From Art Academy: SketchPad:

HYdhPpf.jpg

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AACNUKEZEf4JzA

The page could not be found.
:(

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.
Waaait a goddam minute. Where is it said that the cosmos reside beneath Rosalina's gown ANYWHERE in the Mario mythos, other than this singular fucking samurai post?

I just re-read all of the canon Rosalina story bits on the Mario wiki a couple of weeks ago, and definitely do not remember her having the universe under her dress.

Lunar15

Waaait a goddam minute. Where is it said that the cosmos reside beneath Rosalina's gown ANYWHERE in the Mario mythos, other than this singular fucking samurai post?

I just re-read all of the canon Rosalina story bits on the Mario wiki a couple of weeks ago, and definitely do not remember her having the universe under her dress.

He's saying it like it's a rumor or legend. "It is said that..."

Fiktion

Banned

Well it's canon now.

ffdgh

smash canon...unless nintendo decided she wasn't powerful enough in the galaxy games.

SuperSah

Banned

Trust me, she doesn't.

Flowmoney

It would have been nice for Mewtwo to get announced for like a back to back reveal.But Sakurai is likely posting filler now till he can reveal Diddy kong next week for the DK game.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
That aerial attack does look disjointed which is already great. I'm just wondering if those multi-hits will be easy to SDI out of. In Brawl at least, certain moves were programmed to be harder to escape than others.

Also, something I really like from that GIF, is that even though the attack sends Pit up, you can still see him starting to plummet down in hitstun, unlike Brawl where he would've just been floatin' all over the place.

Remember when Ness learned PK Fire and PK Thunder in Earthbound?

Flowmoney

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.

I wonder if that is why Rosalina is single , nobody wants to get sucked in.
yeah I know it's joke that no one else wanted to say and I am not being serious about it.

Loco4Coco

With DKTF set to be release the 13th, who is more likely to be revealed? Diddy,Dixie, or the wildcard Cranky.

Edit:Thinking of Bravely Default ;p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

He started his own legend, and now it will be canon

I absolutely adore fucking samurai, and think he is one of the best developers in the biz, so I can't be TOO upset that he's taking liberties and adding canonical information about classic Nintendo characters. Hell, I highly doubt a single one of us would be able to refrain from adding elements to Nintendo's pantheon of stars (it's a pun! get it?) if we were in his position. But still, "it is said"? IT ISN'T SAID, UNTIL JUST NOW! At least be straightforward with how you deliver the news that every Nintendo game ever has taken place inside of her gown :p That's kind of a huge revelation, even though it will never affect any game in a meaningful way.

Remember when Ness learned PK Fire and PK Thunder in Earthbound?
I still haven't played Earthbound! I got a Wii U for Christmas though, and since I've never pirated so much as an old-ass NES ROM, the Wii U is my first chance at playing the game aside from spending hundreds of dollars on eBay. I should probably get around to downloading it, huh?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You guys would totally buy NFC figurines for DLC unlocks. Right?

Azure J

Mario can double jump and shoot fireballs without the fire flower, both impossible things. This game doesn't make any sense you know.

He also doesn't beat one character in the game by jumping on their head or with single fireballs.

The Smash series is canon and the rest is just theatrical performance.

Duh, how else do the actors vent their stress? Half the cast hasn't had a Hollywood role in decades, the other half are massively overworked!
Mario Mythos?

I've always had the opinion that the moment this gets talked up to be a thing, we will have run out of things to discuss regarding video games

Village

Can I comment on something a few pages back
DeDeDe is like strait up, a crazy person. There is no rhyme or reason to what he does, DeDeDe just is whatever he feels like that day. DeDeDe is free.

Next Mario Mythos, while I don't believe their is much, the only thing I hold even though there is no proof of this, is that mario in the OG Donkey Kong is not the same mario from the platformers. Because Yoshi's island DS exists.

Riki

Can I comment on something a few pages back
DeDeDe is like strait up, a crazy person. There is no rhyme or reason to what he does, DeDeDe just is whatever he feels like that day. DeDeDe is free.

Next Mario Mythos, while I don't believe their is much, the only thing I hold even though there is no proof of this, is that mario in the OG Donkey Kong is not the same mario from the platformers. Because Yoshi's island DS exists.
The original was JumpMan. Mario inherited his magic overalls, compelling him to save ladies in distress.

Village

The original was JumpMan. Mario inherited his magic overalls, compelling him to save ladies in distress.

You know how in some places the Mario in Mario bros is their last name.

I take it like that.

The guys name is Jump Man mario, and Mario's name is Mario Mario and Luigi Mario. I find to be a funny way of looking at things. I just assume he is related to mario the same way cranky is related to DK. I mean DK picked his Grandads mantle. -shrugs- No exact proof its just how I look at the mario franchise

I also consider Dr. Mario to be a different person because of a joke my friend told. It was pretty funny .

Top Bottom