• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

-Horizon-

zlCfzRd7K900HLwTPP

Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.
Ridley jokes are too easy at this point so don't make them.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, it look like that Yoshi is Missing subtitle is more likely to happens for OT5, but I really like OT6's potential subtitle better tho.

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS |OT6|: A Song of Ridley and Mewtwo

DaBoss

uh, good news about Miiverse. Not sure if old.

Now you can right click on pics and copy the URL directly, again.
Hooray, thanks Nintendo.
Alright, it look like that Yoshi is Missing subtitle is more likely to happens for OT5, but I really like OT6's potential subtitle better tho.

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU and 3DS |OT6|: A Song of Ridley and Mewtwo
Yarning for Yoshi is better.

It is a play on the word "yearning" (means wanting something) and references that Yarn Yoshi game.

And Ridley jokes have already been used and feel old and boring.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hooray, thanks Nintendo.

Yarning for Yoshi is better.

It is a play on the word "yearning" (means wanting something) and references that Yarn Yoshi game.

And Ridley jokes have already been used and feel old and boring.

I'm aware of pun word that are playing with Yearning, but problem is that Missing one got more votes than other two at the moment. I'm willing to reset the votes to give Yarning for Yoshi a fair shot.

Yeah, I understand how you feel about Ridley but I like the title. Ridley's name could be replaceable tho.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The poll will be reset, and please vote for one of three choices.

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi
  2. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Yoshi is Missing!
  3. Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Thread 5: Ridley Me This -- Where's Yoshi?

Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Thread 5: Alfonzo Me This -- Where's Yoshi?

Despite the fact that I like Alfonzo meme, but it don't really make any sense because Alfonzo don't really play on word with any words that I'm familiar with. Ridley = Riddle

Ezalc

Anybody else here feel like the Custom Robo series doesn't get any sort of presence in smash? We've gotten only trophies and one assist in the form of Ray Mk II I believe. The series is pretty old, I think it started with the N64 and had games up until the DS. I find it odd we haven't even gotten a stage from it. I'm also hoping Ray 01 becomes playable this time but that's more of a personal wish.

CassSept

Despite the fact that I like Alfonzo meme, but it don't really make any sense because Alfonzo don't really play on word with any words that I'm familiar with. Ridley = Riddle

"Ridley me this" and then replaced with "Alfonzo me this" once Ridley is revealed. Any minute now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So how's this poll work? An I'm kinda new here, so how many posts until a new OT is made?

Usually some topic creators would decided their own subtitles. Smash Community is pretty so I would rather to let people to decide the subtitle for me by doing the polls. We will be together for a long hype ride until the game release. Buckle up and get your body ready for a long long long hyping ride.

Codeblue

Rosalina's dress is pretty much the universe box from Futurama.

Lunar15

I didn't meant to sound rude, but I would appreciate it if people would vote instead of kept throwing out new titles to cause more confusion with the poll. OT Titles Suggestion would be appreciated and saved for OT6 but please just focus on voting the titles for Yoshi theme for OT5.

I'm.

Ah, didn't know we were settled on a theme, and hadn't seen a vote. I don't follow the thread as closely as others.

KHlover

Banned
I'm aware of pun word that are playing with Yearning, but problem is that Missing one got more votes than other two at the moment. I'm willing to reset the votes to give Yarning for Yoshi a fair shot.

Yeah, I understand how you feel about Ridley but I like the title. Ridley's name could be replaceable tho.
That's the good part: My title suggestion isn't a Ridley joke. It's ridiculing the people making Ridley jokes. The lamenting about Ridley and Mewtwo happens so regularly and frequently, it's like the refrain of a song. You could say this thread actually IS a song of Mewto and Ridley.

And of course it's a reference to an awesome book series.

Pociask

So how hype would it be to have a new Smash trailer like this. Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda are standing around. Then - a New Challenger Approaching! Boom! "Hi, I'm Daisy!" And then Daisy rocks everyone's face off.

Yeah, that's all I've got.

KHlover

Banned

That's the good part: My title suggestion isn't a Ridley joke. It's ridiculing the people making Ridley jokes. The lamenting about Ridley and Mewtwo happens so regularly and frequently, it's like the refrain of a song. You could say this thread actually IS a song of Mewto and Ridley.

And of course it's a reference to an awesome book series.

(Repost on new page for visibility)

Richie

So how hype would it be to have a new Smash trailer like this. Peach, Rosalina, and Zelda are standing around. Then - a New Challenger Approaching! Boom! "Hi, I'm Daisy!" And then Daisy rocks everyone's face off.

"Alternate Costumes Join The Fray!"

@ Poll, frankly, and no offense intended to the options available, but I'd rather vote for Baron von Loathsome's No Direct Way of Knowing, since it's something that won't become dated once Yoshi's revealed (giving his 3DS game is coming out in March outside of Japan, I don't think it'll take long to get there as well), and plays well with our insane thirst for Directs and speculation alike. Not to mention that also goes well with the Palutena leak, since we won't ever have a direct confirmation on it until her status in the game is revealed.
If sticking to one of the titles is a must, though, Yarning for Yoshi it is.

sinxtanx

You know, I can imagine the amazing Internet rage when Smash 4 releases and Sakurai hasn't revealed all the characters yet. Based on his comments about "story spoilers posted to Youtube" and his career as a successful master troll, he'll definitely save some character reveals for the actual game. People will subconsciously attribute "Not revealed before release -> Not included in game" and we should be prepared for their meltdowns.

So my suggestion for the next thread title is
|OT5| Sakurai tells all

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, Poll is reposted on new page, so I want to update everyone that poll will be reset, and please vote for one of three choices.

1. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Yarning for Yoshi
  2. Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 5: Yoshi is Missing!
  3. Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS Thread 5: Ridley Me This -- Where's Yoshi?

So my suggestion for the next thread title is
|OT5| Sakurai tells all

In case if people overlooked my quote at bottom of last page.

I didn't meant to sound rude, but I would appreciate it if people would vote instead of kept throwing out new titles to cause more confusion with the poll. OT Titles Suggestion would be appreciated and saved for OT6 but please just focus on voting the titles for Yoshi theme for OT5.

SmithnCo

And then she peels off her skin and it's actually Waluigi.

Top Bottom