• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. (Wii U / 3DS): update 1.0.6 now available

L~A

So, looks like we didn't have to wait until the end of the maintenance to get the update. It's version 1.0.6 on both platforms.

Changelog from the Direct:

- Mewtwo (new download code);
- Option to purchase downloadable content;
- game balancing tweaks
- Sharing functionalities: Photos, Mii Fighters, Custom Stages Replay and more (Wii U only).

Official changelog:

3DS (1715 blocks)

Note: Replay data that is saved in the game prior to the patch update will no longer be playable after the update.

Added a new functionality for purchasing DLC

Click here for more information.
Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Wii U (requires 551MB)

Users will be able to purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop.
Share mode has been added:
Users will be able to post photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well

*Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
Users will be able to post photos and Custom stages to Miiverse from within the game (Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community and Custom stages will be posted to the official Stage Sharing Community
Users can download data from the server to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if there is an activation button in the images posted on Miiverse.
Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data with users on their Nintendo 3DS Friend List.
Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
It may take some time to receive the data
Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
Added 6 new 8-Player Stages
Omega Stages:
Delfino Plaza
Port Town Aero Dive
Woolly World
Orbital Gate Assault
Wii Fit Studio
Pilotwings
Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Source 1 / Source 2

Renewed

Good to hear. No patch notes detail character updates?

Also gonna assume eShop will be dead when Mewtwo comes up, so no rush for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
A bit bummed about having to wait for tournament mode, but nice additions! Super salty about no club Nintendo in Scandinavia, and having to wait 14 days to try Mewtwo

L~A

is there a way I can force a Wii U game to check for updates? not downloading on my end :/

Unfortunately, no. Only way to do so is to launch the game while being connected to the internet. That's when it checks for update. If it doesn't check, that's probably because the servers are overloaded or something.

CronoShot

Tried on 3DS and Wii U (NA versions), no patch showing up.

Edit: Wii U version downloading, still can't get the 3DS to work.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way I can force a Wii U game to check for updates? not downloading on my end :/

if you start up Smash, go online, exit the game and start up again it should do the trick.

Or if you go to eshop before starting smash, basically anything that gets you online.

edit: oh, you got it! git hype

Renewed

Just downloaded the 3DS update, and the Wii U update is going now (had to attempt to start the game and the update showed it was in progress, probably because I turned on my Wii U).

Yay Mewtwo is nearly here! :D :D

I'm genuinely happy to have one less thing to complain about in regards to Smash Bros.

The replay thing not working after each update is pretty silly still lol, whats the point in having them at all if they just stop working after an update TBH.

zeioIIDX

The replay thing not working after each update is pretty silly still lol, whats the point in having them at all if they just stop working after an update TBH.

Yeah, that pissed me off severely when I first learned about it with older updates because I had some great replays saved :(

I finished downloading it on both systems and tested out Shulk for a minute or two. I don't know any of his exact damage percentages but at first glance I'm not spotting any notable differences with him.

Moonlight

Banned
Quick and dirty assessment of Robin. In the interest of time I'm using my preferred gender:

- No grab range change that I could notice. No decrease in dash-grab lag. Throws are all the same. Her d-throw still lacks for follow-ups. Robin still has a shite grab and nothing cool once she manages to get it.
- I have no real point of comparison, but Robin's dash speed remains the same, I'm pretty sure.
- Thoron is nerfed. Fully charged (with B held down) deals 15, where it used to do 18. Kills later than 120% (which was where it typically killed before). Uncharged, it appears to be around 160%, charged appears to be... slightly earlier, but nothing more than ten percent at best. Elthunder and Arcthunder both deal the same damage as before. Couldn't tell about endlag or start-up, but I didn't feel a major difference.
- All tilts do same amount of damage. No info about lag or start-up.
- All of Robin's aerials autocancel as they used to.
- Ftilt deadspot has been killed. At least that's one less problem in rushdown match-ups.
- Raged uair kills at 110% off the top, still deals 13% damage, still autocancels. We're safe.
- Aerials seem largely intact. Fair might kill slightly later, but the difference isn't significant if so.
- Arcfire might have been slightly buffed in terms of damage? I mean, very slightly. If every hit connects, I get 12% as opposed to 11%. It still set-ups into aerials. Haven't checked Gigafire, but I'm very bad at that on 3DS. Might kill later? I can't recall what percent Arcfire killed at before the patch, but I'm reasonably sure it was earlier than around 200% (with 110% rage).

About as much as I'm gonna bother to check right now. I can't offer anything useful on a more granular level. Biggest nerf appears to be to Thoron, which I expected, but it's unfortunate. I don't mind Arcfire losing kill potential, since that was never the point of the move.

All in all, doesn't so much tip the scales for Robin as it does... marginally rock it.

But hey, deadspot on ftilt fixed!

EDIT: Thoron damage is unchanged, as the Smashboard thread has told me.

AAAAAMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN

The prayers were unanswered, I haven't played 4 in months but he seems the same (maybe it's easier to sweetspot his spike...).

giphy.gif

jackal27

Banned
Whether good or bad, I'm always excited for change! So glad this game keeps stayin fresh! Get to work Internet. I look forward to your nerf rage in the morning.

Updating both for some reason since I just woke up anyway. Even more 8-player stages. Really nice.

Though I wish they were able to include one or two normal modified ones as those are what I greatly prefer to play on.

Top Bottom