• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. (Wii U / 3DS): update 1.0.6 now available

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
For me, the six new 8-Player Smash stages are the most exciting part. It's like free content I didn't expect (that arguably should have been there at launch). With this, they've now added 21 additional options for that mode. I wonder if the goal is to eventually have every stage playable in 8-Player Smash by the time the last patch is released.

Cade

HYID5zP.png

Now I just gotta wait for my Mewtwo code. C'mon, Ninty. I neeeed it.

For me, the six new 8-Player Smash stages are the most exciting part. It's like free content I didn't expect (that arguably should have been there at launch). With this, they've now added 21 additional options for that mode. I wonder if the goal is to eventually have every stage playable in 8-Player Smash by the time the last patch is released.

Probably not every stage since many of them would probably require too much alterations to be playable without performance hits, but I bet we'll eventually see every Omega stage get added. There's only Omegas 6 left that aren't supported.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Probably not every stage since many of them would probably require too much alterations to be playable without performance hits, but I bet we'll eventually see every Omega stage get added. There's only Omegas 6 left that aren't supported.

Yeah, I do agree that Omega is much more likely (I was surprised all Omegas weren't Day 1 usable). Still, I hope
(please Sakurai)
that they'll keep adding more of the standard ones to increase the variety in Classic Mode (I haven't played Classic since the last patch; I hope I'm not wrong about these patches affecting stage variety there).

Tsunamo

Downloading the patch now, look forward to getting into Smash 4.
Would be nice if the codes were e-mailed sooner rather than later so I don't have to wait to get Mewtwo even after downloading it though.

Tsunamo

For Aus folk check your club nintendo accounts and click the right arrow, codes are up and there if you registered both games.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
got a mail from club nintendo! maybe they'll give me a code for mewtwo after all?

50 stars birthday gift, fml

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AW YEAH, MORE 8 PLAYER STAGeeehhhhhh it's just Omega Stages.....

Downloading patch for 3DS right now. Should try & get the Wii U version to download while I'm gone to prepare for redeeming Mewtwo.

iKhayal18

;D Great!

If anyone is interested, I would like to exchange my 3DS code by a Wii U code for Mewtwo (I want to give the second code to a friend that also has the Wii U game). Please PM me!

I'm very happy about the new 8-Player stages and getting Mewtwo but I have to wait till Saturday before I patch or else my friends will give me hell for invalidating our replays before we could get them recorded with our phones or something atleast :p Why can't Nintendo just keep the old regulation files for replays to work? Ah well I'm wondering about the balance changes, let's see what people find out! :)

To clarify is Mewtwo a free update or do you have to pay for it?

The actual update is free. Mewtwo the character is free for eligible Club Nintendo members today. Available for purchase for everyone the 28th? iirc.

Is the update live in NA on Wii U? I only got the 3ds one..

Kenpa64

Updating 3DS and hope i can update WiiU too (EU). I made them download it didn't show directly.

After that, i'll try to download Mewtwo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awesome, Wii U version downloaded while I was gone AND Mewtwo code seems to be working now since I just downloaded him on both versions.

HYID5zP.png

Now I just gotta wait for my Mewtwo code. C'mon, Ninty. I neeeed it.

This is hilarious lol.

And oh shit, Street Fighter characters? I've been wanting Ryu to get in over Mega Man since Brawl. Hopefully its not Ninja Gaiden or some other crap.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, I don't know if it's because I downloaded Mewtwo, but he's now part of All-Star Mode, with the fight against Pikachu, Charizard, Ganondorf, & such on the Wii U version (stage 3).

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Did not get a download prompt when starting the game (3DS, EU), but the update is available directly from the eshop.

Looks like there's a ton of Mii DLC for sale in the eShop too. Don't know if it's just a way to unlock them faster to avoid the grind or not.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like there's a ton of Mii DLC for sale in the eShop too. Don't know if it's just a way to unlock them faster to avoid the grind or not.
I thought all that new Mii stuff is DLC only?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, I think it's DLC only. & the bundle that's available which contains everything isn't really a deal since it costs the same amount to buy each item individually.

jholmes

Oh snap, I don't know if it's because I downloaded Mewtwo, but he's now part of All-Star Mode, with the fight against Pikachu, Charizard, Ganondorf, & such on the Wii U version (stage 3).

That's a pain because I find that's the cheesiest part of All-Star Mode already. Mind you Mewtwo's pretty slow so he might not make it all that bad.

Top Bottom