• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

Rayis

Sakurai said the same AMOUNT of characters will be in both consoles, not the same characters, so both versions might still have differenct characters.

Exeunt

Mega Man sounded like a pretty popular choice, so I bet a lot of people are glad that he's in right off the bat. The new characters look pretty neat so far, though I'm a bit disappointed we're already seeing more of the "floating platforms travel across a landscape" stages. If there's an emphasis on faster movement (like with Bowser) that would be a nice improvement over Brawl; I'm not into high-level play in Smash, but I felt like most of the characters in that game were a bit too floaty and sluggish compared to Melee. Here's hoping that online is good too!

Now who wants to start drawing Ridley on Miiverse?

Spades

WiiFit Trainer
1xguv.gif

Microsoft tries to shoehorn Kinect into a proper game = GAF gets mad.
Nintendo tries to shoehorn Wii Fit board into a proper game = GAF rejoices.

Aghiliz

Neo Member
So each Version has its own stages different that's about it? So in other words if you want all the stages buy both :(? I hope there's a big variety of stages in both versions both for fun and competitive game play~

Also I hope they bring back Toon/Classic/Young Link type character.

What I've seem of the game as well is that it seems more Brawl like than Melee as well (maybe its the graphics messing with me lol). Which is good and bad I guess. I'm more used to brawl and played in competitive battles with it but I know melee definitively has better combat mechanics/balanced.

At least people Don't slip anymore from what I've seen :D!

Azure J

Wii Fit Trainer turned from "whoa wat" to "WHOA WHAT" so fast in my head with her gameplay trailer. She's basically a harder hitting Zero Suit Samus. Will play. :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sakurai mentioned exclusive stages, and that the roster would be the same for both. It's on the smash developer vid on Nintendo's channel.
Yeah, it was stated that the 3DS would have exclusive staged based on handheld games (so most likely, Nintendogs and Spirit Tracks won't be on Wii U), while Wii U stages are focused on console games, so maybe the Wii Fit stage will be exclusive since it never was on a handheld.

Ithil

So each Version has its own stages different that's about it? So in other words if you want all the stages buy both :(? I hope there's a big variety of stages in both versions both for fun and competitive game play~

Also I hope they bring back Toon/Classic/Young Link type character.

What I've seem of the game as well is that it seems more Brawl like than Melee as well (maybe its the graphics messing with me lol). Which is good and bad I guess. I'm more used to brawl and played in competitive battles with it but I know melee definitively has better combat mechanics/balanced.

At least people Don't slip anymore from what I've seen :D!

I think, no, if you want to play SSB on a portable, you get the 3DS one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not interested until I see Yoshi in HD

Predictions:

Villager's Final Smash will be a beehive. (Either that, or there's a beehive item.)

The boxing arena suggests Little Mac will be playable, and my guess is that a lot of his moves will be based on various fighters. (For example, Bald Bull's charge attack.)

-----

I love the new fighters, but I hope Ridley gets in. I know Sakurai pulled the "size" argument last time, but he also said Animal Crossing was incapable of having a playable rep. Obviously he's changed his mind, hopefully he realizes that you can make nearly any character work if you're creative enough (like Wii Fit Trainer!).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They were annoyed because they thought there was supposed to be a big announcement. People were there waiting for 45 minutes or something, and Reggie told him there would be "more".
Along with Villager I think Wii Fit Trainer just goes to show that any rules we may have thought were in place for character selection are null and void and anyone is possible. That's pretty big!

Salsa

I think it looks fucking great and I have no complaints. Villager and Megaman make me happy.

Here's where it gets weird: I think I actually kinda prefer how the 3DS version looks. Or at least in terms of them doing something different with the art style.

I would have NEVER guessed i'd be AS hyped for the 3DS version as I am for the WiiU one, but it looks fucking sharp with smoot framerate, 4 players, online.. fucking killer man

day 1 on 3DS, and if it's good enough I might even delay getting a WiiU (wich I was doing for this)

also DOJOOOO!!!!!!!!

GulAtiCa

Wii Fit Trainer really makes a lot of sense, even if people don't really want her or so. Her IP has been one of the strongest last gen and all of her attack moves works well in a fighter.

Along with Villager I think Wii Fit Trainer just goes to show that any rules we may have thought were in place for character selection are null and void and anyone is possible.

Yeah, really trying to find that post on Dojo where Sakurai claimed Villager wasn't a good fit for the game. It blows the lid wide open. No character is out.

serplux

No 3DS screenshots for either Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. Make of that what you will.

I can understand the Wii Fit Trainer being exclusive, but why Villager? AC's more of handheld franchise if anything.

Wii Fit Trainer really makes a lot of sense, even if people don't really want her or so. Her IP has been one of the strongest last gen and all of her attack moves works well in a fighter.

I wish she had an actual name though. :p

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm still not keen on the idea that we will have two Smash games around the same time, simply because of overload, and because I can see some characters being exclusive to a version and not the other. Hell, they already confirmed that for the stages. :/

Top Bottom