• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

EXW8m4y.gif

Site | Steam | Humble | GMG | GOG | Xbox | Price: $24.99 | Platforms: PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox One
Trailers: Launch Trailer, Release Date, Beta Gameplay, E3 Teaser | Kickstarter | Watch replays on Killstagram

mhIyqOX.png

5AUT2QQ.gif
TalkativeWhirlwindIslandcanary.gif
SpotlessCompassionateGalapagosalbatross.gif

GtafD7G.jpg
fjM6Lj3.jpg

J3Nnw2g.png
tesiLiX.jpg

JQkZupj.png

Kotaku
Each of Superhot’s twenty-odd levels recreates an archetypal action-movie setpiece: The office raid, the drug deal gone wrong, the hallway brawl, the server-room shootout. One minute you’ll be in Oldboy, the next minute The Matrix. From there you’ll hop to The Raid 2 and then John Wick and then Hard Boiled and then [insert action movie here].
RockPaperShotgun
SUPERHOT is one of the most inventive FPS games ever. Kill or be killed is the only rule but by providing both temporal and spatial controls, SUPERHOT encourages the kind of inventive action that more traditional FPS games rarely capture outside scripted sequences.
Eurogamer
It's magnificent. I never saw a game with such a smirking sense of its own potency. One by one you are dropped into hard-nut set-pieces: a stick-up in an elevator, a truck charging down an alleyway, a man who's just itching to be chucked out of a window. There's generally about ten seconds' worth of action here, but remember: time moves only when you do. The fast stuff is slow. So you move to the left - no good, a bullet to the head from an unseen assailant. Restart. You move to the right. the bullet whizzes past your ear. Now to the left, as the guy who fired reloads. A punch? One two three and he's crumpled. Or better yet, a bullet of your own, but then you'll be vulnerable again as you reload, an agonising few seconds that will unfold only as you inch into your next position.
Digital Chumps - 10/10
One of the most inventive, engaging, and methodical games in the last year is technically a first-person shooter. How crazy is that?
Polygon - 9/10
From its looks to its clever-but-one-note concept, Superhot screamed style over substance the first time I saw it. In its final iteration, though, it perfectly blends style and substance. Its appearance is original, memorable and loud, but its ego never overtakes the bold design principles at the heart of the game.
Destructoid - 9/10
It's a shooter at heart, but Superhot brings something fresh and unexpected to the FPS genre. It mixes thrilling, action-packed combat with meticulous, precision planning, and somehow these opposing ideas are able to unfold simultaneously. It's all just a matter of timing, and in Superhot, time is in the player's hands.
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5
Part strategy game, part first-person shooter, Superhot is the best take on the violent power fantasy seen in years.
WeGotThisCovered - 4.5/5
Whether you dive into its meta narrative or rehearse the executions of eight ballroom guards for the sixteenth time, Superhot invents a tactical, first-person shooter genre to call its own. Please, Superhot team, I need more.
Game Sided - 8.5/10
With levels designed to expand the mind and make you think outside the box, SUPERHOT is a welcomed change to the by-the-numbers FPS genre.
PC Gamer - 84/10
As a set of FPS systems Superhot is smart, stylish and unique—but also a bit shallow. It's the combination of systems, presentation and plot that makes Superhot something special.
Gamespot - 8/10
Superhot is a clever game with deep, hidden elements that require committed and thorough examination.
Giant Bomb - 4/5
Superhot is an intense and thrilling blend of action and puzzle with a solid bit of narrative to tie its murderous mysteries together into something worth seeing.
IGN - 7.5/10
Superhot has unique and addictive time-bending puzzles, but it lacks variety and is very cheesy.
5v7XEHI.gif

Shari

I tried this two years ago on the gamescom with Oculus DK2 and it was awesome. Seeing how the pushed the gameplay I'm buying day 1.

Hektor

i c w y d t.

When is the game actually releasing? The countdown on the HP and the one on the steampage are different.

One says 1 day 3 hours, the other 1 day 9 hours from now.

mp1990

Banned
This is a perfect example of something i never knew i wanted so bad until I actually saw it. Hopefully my rig will manage to run it decently.

Fat4all

Banned
I think this is the best thing I've ever backed on KS.

Watching it through its development has been amazing, and all the improvements and features they've added to it since then has been staggering.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why no PS4 release ?

All potential console versions were originally slated to be a post-release consideration and I'd guess that still stands for the PS4 and Wii U. MS likely threw some support behind the game so as to ensure no more than a small delay for the X1.

The Polygon gameplay yesterday looked great, but this Youtube comment by the author makes me the most excited
I'm not gonna lie, I have played an embarrassing amount of SUPERHOT over the past year
Hopefully that's a testament to the longevity of the gameplay. I feel it'll scratch that same itch as Hotline Miami, where you play again and again to try to pull off a level in the coolest smoothest way possible. The replay editor will definitely help with that

Oh, btw, if you're curious how the action-puzzle nature of the game, check this out. It's a little freeware game jam entry that came out last year that combines SuperHOT and Hotline Miami. It's short but it gives a good idea what the gameplay in this will probably feel like

Cikay

I haven't heard of this game before. Visually, it reminds me of Killer7 and I like that. Gameplay looks stylish.

Didn't I play this through my browser like 2 years ago?

Have they changed it up?

Great title btw
Yeah, that was just the early prototype/tech demo/game jam version. This is the expanded full-fledged game, with all kinds of gameplay improvements and additions: ie melee weapons, replay editor, and so on

Xater

I wanted this game so bad ever since the prototype.

I guess this should run on my Mac. Maybe I will have to dumb down some of the lighting, but it doesn't look like anything that should kill my machine. So I hope at least.

MUnited83

For you.
So the price is a mistery? Any particular reason they are not showing one of the digits? :p. I mean, either 10.99$ or 19.99$ is alright with me, but it would be nice to know beforehand :p

So the price is a mistery? Any particular reason they are not showing one of the digits? :p. I mean, either 10.99$ or 19.99$ is alright with me, but it would be nice to know beforehand :p
It was $14 to preorder/back and the special edition was $25, so personally I'm expecting $20. But I'm not sure if it's going to be $15 or $20, so I'll wait for some definite info

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yeah, I was like "$2? Sure, I'll try it." But then you brought up the other point and I'm like "eh, I'm good. I'll wait until later."

It was $14 to preorder/back and the special edition was $25, so personally I'm expecting $20. But I'm not sure if it's going to be $15 or $20, so I'll wait for some definite info

Guess I'll wait until the fall to try it.

MiguelItUp

I didn't realize this was coming out so soon! Oh man! My week is made! Thanks OP. :D I feel like Superhot will be a nice breath of fresh air.

lcap

Whoa, saw this game a few times by a few GAF posters but it always fell under my radar. Just to clarify, time moves slowly or doesn't move at all when I'm still?

Another question, if I turn around enemies won't come into me as well, right?

Look incredible, will buy for X1 day one.

Xater

Whoa, saw this game a few times by a few GAF posters but it always fell under my radar. Just to clarify, time moves slowly or doesn't move at all when I'm still?

Another question, if I turn around enemies won't come into me as well, right?

Look incredible, will buy for X1 day one.

Turning doesn't move time forward, only actual movement.

Dachande

I want this bad, but I think I'll have to wait until the new Macbook Pro is released until I can play it, unless a PS4 version suddenly appears. Such a fantastic idea though.

Matty77

Great thread title, and I wouldn't have known about this otherwise so good deal. Will keep an eye on this on looks like it's up my alley.

Top Bottom