• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SUPERH|OT| SUPERHOT SUPERHOT

Damn, that price better stick for X1!

Was tempted anyway but if so, day 1.

Edit, seems the price was miswritten when I posted, still will consider though.

Cant wait to hear what PC gamers on here think about this game, been looking forward to it for years now and cant wait for the Xbox version to drop!

Lets see your gifs guys, lets see those gifs!

Also, that OT title is Godly :D

eshwaaz

Haven't watched any footage in months - this looks fantastic. The only thing that bothers me is there doesn't seem to be any sound effects for melee attacks - I need that "shwing" slicing sound for the sword!

I played the browser version a long time ago on a crappy laptop.

It was incredible....I wish I owned a platform this game was coming out on. Such a fun game.
The only thing that bothers me is there doesn't seem to be any sound effects for melee attacks - I need that "shwing" slicing sound for the sword!
Just be a man and do it like Wayne does, mouth shwings all the way.
3D8YJuc.gif

It will most likely also come to PS4. Xbox has like a timed exclusive on it.
Magnanimous news. And with the little tease I saw about the VR element...I'll believe that when monkeys fly outta my butt.

Edit for those who aren't hip:
fvfujzi.gif

I believe in all things PSVR. I just don't wanna believe so I don't get superho-yped

All of my yes. Finally, been a long but hopefully worthwhile wait for this one. They've taken the time to really polish this thing to a fine sheen. Hopefully backer keys go out today.

SerTapTap

I'll have a video of this one out tomorrow (and so will tons of other people I'm sure). Can't say too much more.

Turning doesn't move time forward, only actual movement.

Incorrect, or at least as of the latest backer beta. Moving the mouse is a risk.

Even console exclusive stuff that hits PC too usually comes to the other console, so yeah that sounds pretty much like a "I can't confirm it's coming to PS4 but it's coming to PS4" to me. Who knows how long though.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ah good, they did implement a replay mode. That was my first question. Looking forward to seeing what people can show off with that replay editor.

Wonder what features it has... third person view? Play back without the pauses?

This bit from that Polygon video (apparently being played by Nick Robinson) is so clutch!

superhot_sword_by_digi_matrix-d9sy0fa.gif
Right? I'm going to try to do as many levels as possible katana-only. And I can't wait to see replays at regular speed

Ah good, they did implement a replay mode. That was my first question. Looking forward to seeing what people can show off with that replay editor.

Wonder what features it has... third person view? Play back without the pauses?
Check out the Polygon video. Seems like you can edit replays, change speeds, rewind, etc.

Great OT.

I haven't been following this game that closely. Is there no single player campaign?
From an RPS preview a few months back:
There’s a story mode which drops you into disconnected combat vignettes, in bars and factories and back alleys, each one requiring a little extra thought from you if you’re to dodge the obstacles and survive intact. There’s a meta-narrative that strings this all together, which I won’t spoil, but which begins with the game’s command line-style interface and carries through the now trademark onscreen text flashes

Was browsing for info online, some cool stuff:

- The game was partially inspired by the combat/flow of that Bad Motherfucker music video
- Cliff Bleszinski designed a level for the game
- A recently added mechanic lets you slow time while falling
- At the time, it was the fastest game to be Greenlit on Steam (5 days)

I am so in. This game is so HOT right now.

I love the context clues that pop up in survival - the MORE WILL COME bit got me especially hyped.

Was browsing for info online, some cool stuff:

- The game was partially inspired by the combat/flow of that Bad Motherfucker music video
- Cliff Bleszinski designed a level for the game
- A recently added mechanic lets you slow time while falling
- At the time, it was the fastest game to be Greenlit on Steam (5 days)

Just in case GermanGAF is interested, here is a YouTube link for an unblocked version of the music video (which is really awesome, btw).

Top Bottom